Monday, January 9, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday


Happy Monday Friends!

It feels like it's been forever!! I've missed this space and visiting with you all. I will be coming around to catch up with all of you in the days ahead and see how you've been. I hope you had a wonderful holiday season. I treasure my time with all of you here and I'm so happy to be back. 

I didn't mean to take such a long break - but I truly took time to slow down. Unplug more. And take in all that the season means to me. My faith. My family and friends. Especially my kiddos and my Matt. It was all so great! We had such a wonderful time when Matt's folks came to visit from AZ. And my Dad and step Mom was here visiting from AZ too.  And I got great time with my Mom and Bro and SIL too. My step Dad is healing well from his triple bypass. And Matt & I spent New Years Eve with our besties the C's (so fun!) and we shared Christmas with them (all our kids too). Just so grateful for such an amazing time with all of my people. I even hosted a final Christmas yesterday with my girlfriends. We've been getting together like that for over 30 years! I truly didn't want the holiday season to end this year.  I have photos of all through the holidays below - so prepare for lots. ;)

I am still having some issues with my sacroiliac joint, scoliosis and sciatica stuff. It's been good because it's been motivating me to strengthen areas of my body (which is what we all strive to do in the new year, right?). I was on prednisone over Christmas and that helped the pain a lot. But it's worn off and I'm still having some issues and MD did x-rays that showed I have degenerative arthritis (which I kind of already knew)...and they're now going to do lab work to rule out autoimmune disorder. I was already tested for rheumatoid arthritis back in the Fall, and that was negative. So I don't think these tests will show anything either. But if they do, I will deal with whatever it is. The simplest common sense answer is that the sacroiliac joint is a tough spot to heal. I may need a cortisone shot to kick the pain. And I need to keep doing the things I'm doing which make my life very functional right now which is chiropractor, regular massage therapy, daily exercises and strengthening things, and now I'm going to do some PT as well. What is it with turning 50 and your bod falls apart? Lol 

Matt has been the biggest dreamboat about everything. He helps around the house a ton. He gives me massages. He hired cleaners to help deep clean the house and spare my bod. He is such a supportive partner and even makes exercising and running errands FUN!! I hit the lottery with this dude. I love him so much. I thank God everyday for how joyful, loving and exciting life is again - even with my bod starting to show her age. ♥️ 





















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:





























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


an apple, coffee with vanilla almond milk creamer



















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

errands, chiropractor, labs, massage therapy, PT, hospice work, Annie hockey, help my Mom


















THINKING ABOUT:  

How my sweet guy has been such worker bee. He moved here for me (us) 7 months ago and is the boss of a big team and has spent a lot of time getting to know the operations there. Investing in the place and people - even working a lot of weekends (except Sundays). He's finally going to start taking another day off each week and I couldn't be more thrilled!!























CURRENTLY READING

In Her Studio magazines (I love them!)
















ON THE TV TODAY:

Kids Baking Championship, Shark Tank, Ghosts, The Chase, HGTV and cooking shows 






















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

    MONDAY - leftover slow cooker sweet & sour meatballs & veggies, veggie springrolls


TUESDAY - spicy kale caesar salad with chicken, avocados & tortilla chip topping (HF meal)


WEDNESDAY - herbed pork chop sandwiches with lemony potato wedges & dijonnaise (HF meal)


THURSDAY - creamy garlic spinach ricotta ravioli, veggies (HF meal)


FRIDAY - out for dinner?






 
















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

get a massage, play cards with Matt, maybe dive into a new book
















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:


Hmmm....Have not tested this one




🤔 


















FROM THE CAMERA:

Matt's adorable folks





I swear my rear isn't that big, I'm wearing a back brace under my shirt. 😂 










One of Matt's gifts from me ♥️ 

My Mom painted this for me. I love it so much!!





Matt's Mom and I got the guys a fishing weekend at an amazing resort in Canada for their big gift. We had clues to a scavenger hunt all around the house for them to find it. ;) 






To Matt and I from his folks. Pretty epic!!!



















PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflict in the Ukraine and other areas of the world living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain or fear... that God bring them comfort and peace. For a beautiful brand new year ahead for all. 🙏 














PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


Have a wonderful week!! I will be doing a blogaversary drawing later in the week so please check back. 💝  
I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

11 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, my beautiful friend! Feel better! And your man is a keeper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you're dealing with that pain, and I truly hope they can figure it all out soon, so you can start to feel better. Sometimes it's good to unplug and spent time with family, so glad you did that. But also glad to see you back. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you and yours. I'm so happy you found Matt. Hope your pain goes aways soon. Prednisone... to bad it has such side effects because it is like a miracle when taken. Love all your pictures. Off to listen to that song. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to hear from you again! I loved your photos. It looks like such a great time. The fishing trip for the boys and the scavenger hunt was perfect!
    The painting from your mom is beautiful!
    PS - Matt is so cute! And better yet, he's such a good guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to hear you enjoyed such a wonderful Holiday with all the families and friends. sorry to hear about all your aches and pains, I did notice too that after I turned 50 a lot of things started happening to me. I am getting closer to 60 now and wonder what will happen then. Hope they Docs can figure it out and get you the relief you need.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, Carrie. I loved reading all about your Christmas. You have a great guy there in Matt, and his folks look lovely too. Your two paintings make me smile: love the two of you with the pets, and your Mum is a great artist painting the angel. More angels in your church which is incredibly beautiful. I so love a traditional church. Alas, I live on the edge of the city and my church is a simple, modest, modern structure, as is the way these days. Australia is sadly becoming very much a secular country and our congregations are small. Anyway, I am there singing every Sunday :) What a terrific gift of a trip to a fishing resort in Canada! My best news is we are all booked to spend May in Canada. I will wave to you across the lakes. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've missed seeing you in blogging land, friend! Glad you are back but so sorry your back is still giving you issues. Prayers it heals a bit and you get that much needed relief. What awesome gifts and wonderful memories of the Christmas season. Thanks for sharing a bit of them with us. By the way, the apple tip is true. I take one whenever I work for my afternoon break and always feel better after eating it. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back my friend. You were truly missed! Happy New Year! GREAT pictures! Girlfriend Christmas looks like you had a GREAT time and the PACKERS tickets for a gift as well as the Fishing Weekend sound like super special gifts! I hope a cortisone shot is all you need and healing happens fast! Have a GREAT week sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Carrie! I missed you here! I hope you find relief to your pain soon. My Dad struggles with back and joint pain. I've seen how horrible it is. Praying for you my friend! And your sweetie is certainly a keeper!

    ReplyDelete