Happy Monday Friends!
I hope your week is starting out great. ☀️
There's some sunshine here today - even if still cool temps - having almost no snow left and sunshine still helps bring energy. I'm still combating a bit of a cough trying to fully kick this chest cold. But feeling better and have more energy than I did! I'm more worried about my Mom and step Dad fighting covid right now. They both had big heart surgeries in the past 9 months and they're are recovering very slowly and still feel crummy and weak. I needed to run and do things for them today.
It was a lovely weekend. We had some mild weather last week and had gotten some things out of the shed and put away the last of winter. So I can hear my wind chimes and it's so nice to see a Spring wreath on my front door. I can't wait until it gets mild enough to dig in the dirt! It is nice to see green shoots of lilies and daffodils coming up. Brings joy to the soul. 🌸🧡
We had fun with Aaron. He came over just to hang out and visit and we went out for dinner. We also had fun this weekend with Annie and she had some pals over and we all played trivia. Our friends the C's wanted to hang out earlier in the weekend but I was feeling crummier that night and coughing a lot. Their daughter's schedule is insane with volleyball and now elite soccer...so they'll be out of town for the next 5 weekends. So I was bummed to miss them! But Mrs C and I are going to go out for a week day lunch soon and catch up.
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:
Just coffee and then I had a hot mug of tea
ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:
helping my Mom, run errands on Matt's day off, working on school committee stuff, home project - this week deep clean master bath, hospice work
THINKING ABOUT:
I need to take an inventory of the pots I have for when I start gardening. Matt already got me a Mother's Day gift I requested - which is a raised garden bed with screen to cover it from critters, so I can grow some veggies this year. I'm SO ready to get digging in the dirt....even though I know it could be another month yet.
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
I love seeing the sun stream in. Matt and I got lots of housework done and feel caught up getting everything put away from the trip. So looks nice and tidy and I put away bunnies and Easter so just regular Spring decorations out now.
CURRENTLY READING
I'm back to reading The Wonder I had set aside before I went on the trip
ON THE TV TODAY:
The Good Doctor, Survivor, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, HGTV and cooking shows, Breaking Bad, Ghosts, The Rookie, Greys Anatomy, Ted Lasso, Love is Blind
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY - ravioli lasagna with bolognese sauce, creamy Italian salad, bruschetta toasts
TUESDAY - leftovers & fresh veggie plate to munch
WEDNESDAY - BBQ ribs, grilled corn on the cob, scalloped potatoes, kale salad kit
THURSDAY - chicken tikka masala, cauliflower rice, naan bread
FRIDAY - out for dinner
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
organize the master bathroom cabinets with organizers I picked up, read, do diamond paintings
TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
FROM THE CAMERA:
I need to be a proud Mom and share that my son recently was asked by his alma mater to go do some "casting" for them. Think play-by-play game announcing - like in sports...but in the video game world instead. He runs his own league and casts in it. And his former university flew him down and covered his trip to Florida to go down and do some casting for them and it was on tv. He sent me the link and I was able to airplay on our tv and Matt and I watched the whole thing! So cool!
Love all the green and growing things and did lots of green in my decorating. I love these little butterfly prisms Annie got me - I have 4 different colors...and used them all over the house. Yay Spring! 🦋
Been having so much with this diamond painting kit of all different plants. I got little frames to frame them in too. Going to make several for gifts too. ;)
PRAYER LIST:
For an end to the conflict in the Ukraine and other areas of the world living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence. For anyone sick, suffering, in pain or fear... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the dark everywhere. For my Mom and step Dad fighting covid that they continue to get better soon. 🙏



