Monday, May 1, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday


Happy Monday Friends!


And Happy May! 🌸 ☀️ 

I hope you're seeing sunshine right now and have a pep in your step. For those in warmer climates that are already gardening and good things I hope you're loving every minute! πŸŒΎπŸ’š  I'm so jealous and can't wait to dig in the dirt here. Hopefully in a few more weeks I'll be amongst flowering pots and fairies. ;) 
But the bay did open up over the weekend. Yay! The last of the ice floating away just in time for the lovely month of May. 

It was a lovely weekend here. Annie had her junior prom. She looked so beautiful and her dress was really cool. We found it in AZ and it was kind of like fire and ice. Cobalt blue and sparkly, but in the folds when she would move it would have bits of fuschia. Her friend was over here to get ready and I got pics of the 2 of those goofballs. She went with a sweet buddy that asked her (just a friend) and his dad invited us over to take pics at their place right on Lake Superior. It was kind of a cold and windy day but the group of kiddos braved it and you can see the cute pics below. 

Matt and I also did our usuals....ran errands, projects around the house, church, out for brunch, groceries etc. It was mellow and wonderful. Now on to the week ahead.

















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:









































ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

activia strawberry yogurt with a little pb granola, coffee

(I still need to take  a few meds as my herniated back continues to heal, but I'm on a fraction of what I was before. I do daily exercise and ab work and it's helped tremendously. I typically eat some breakfast so the pain pills don't upset my stomach. And then I fast all day until dinner. Once I'm not needing meds I will fast for longer stretches - intermittent kind of fasting. Matt has been doing it too and we both love how it helps our weight and how it makes us feel)

















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

errands, school committee meeting, meet with electrician on Matt's day off at his house, home projects (Spring cleaning), lunch with a bestie, hospice work, going up to Matt's lake property to open it up for his folks coming back from AZ















THINKING ABOUT:  

My sweet Annie's upcoming birthday. She requested a certain kind of cake she wants me to make - and planning to have some family and friends over for dinner too. ;) πŸ’ 



















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

I see my sweet girlie home for lunch from school. Her bro was home for lunch too and I made them each some goodies and I love chatting and catching up with their day so far. 




















CURRENTLY READING

 The Wonder by Emma Donoghue





















ON THE TV TODAY:

The Good Doctor,  Survivor, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, HGTV and cooking shows, Breaking Bad, Ghosts, The Rookie, Shark Tank,Greys Anatomy, Ted Lasso, Extraordinary Attorney Woo (netflix)





















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY - taco night



TUESDAY - grilling night - cheddar jalapeno polish sausages with fixings, coleslaw, caramel apple salad, veggies, watermelon




WEDNESDAY -  protein chicken crust pizza Matt makes with alfredo, sausage, and pepperoni,  plus a kale salad




THURSDAY - chicken tikka masala we didn't have last week with jasmine rice, roasted broccoli and naan bread
 



FRIDAY -  out for Mexican dinner 
























TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

read, diamond painting, out to lunch with a friend





















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
























FROM THE CAMERA:


I keep having fun with doing these little diamond art pieces and I got a couple of green frames too. πŸ’š





Prom time:

This is Annie with her date. He forgot to give her the flower wrist corsage he had until after we did pics - but it was so pretty too. 

And I couldn't resist this is me with Annie's dad (my ex) at our junior prom SOOO many years ago. Just babies then and look at that dated back drop. πŸ˜‚ πŸ™ˆ





Annie and her bud hamming it up




This is at her date's home








Gotta love a good cow tie ;) 




Open bay now - yay!!! (just took it this morning)












PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflict in the Ukraine and other areas of the world living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain or fear... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the dark everywhere. Grateful prayers that my Mom and step Dad are doing so much better now. πŸ™ 




















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


Have a wonderful bright week ahead! I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM forHappy Homemaker Monday.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I literally just got a notification that you left a comment on my blog! We were reading each other's posts at the same time! Your daughter looks stunning!!! And so much like her mommy! I am sure she had a great time with all her friends. It is cold over here today! We just had sleet! Another cozy one! Have a great week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls look beautiful. Good to hear you are recovering. I really enjoyed doing diamond paintings last year. This year I am doing puzzles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful photos. I love that dress! So pretty. And you know your beautiful daughter looks just like you, right? Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Annie's dress! My Ella's birthday is coming up too! Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had snow here today and are supposed to have some accumulation over night. :( It can't last long though!
    Nice to see the bay open!
    I love Annie's dress. She looks so pretty. So fun to see the pic of you and your ex. Annie looks a lot like you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear your parents are feeling much better, I know it takes some a little longer to get better. Your daughter is lovely in that dress, such a pretty color, so glad she had a good time with her friends. Enjoy the birthday celebration. So good to see you will be warming up, I saw on the news how the U.P. of Michigan was getting snow, was hoping that wasn't effecting you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY that the ice chose this past weekend to say goodbye and in time for their prom :D I LOVE the photos of Annie and her crew - especially the goofball ones they will have to look back in the years to come! I'm glad you included the one of you and Ad - so sweet! So glad your mom and stepdad are getting better - so scary to be in their immunocompromised conditions and get this dreaded virus! Our temps are virtually the same - I really am READY for spring to come and stay awhile. Have a GREAT rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And suddenly, it is Springtime! How lovely and fresh the lake looks - hard to believe there was ice and snow around a few weeks back. Annie looks so grown up and lovely at her Junior Prom, and her dress is beautiful. You must be very proud of your girl. And look at you at your Prom, so stylish in a beautiful pink dress. Thank you for sharing special times. xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your daughter and her friends look amazing. I'm sure they had a great time. I love your inspritaional quote.....It's so true.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, Annie is your twin! πŸ˜€ She looks lovely and her dress is so cool! I love that electric blue color. That’s always been a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete