Thursday, August 24, 2023

A Couple of Easy (& Yummy) Appetizer Dips

 

Hello lovely Friends!

I hope you've been having a lovely week so far. ☀️ 

I thought today I'd share a couple of dips that I made for the gathering we had for my Cousin and family last weekend. They are always a winner and I come home with empty dishes. ;)


The first one is a dip that I've posted before. However, I had to change it up this time and I think I liked it more this way!

This is the original recipe my Aunt gave me many years ago:


However, I didn't have cool whip on hand. So I found another toffee dip recipe and I kind of combined ideas of both and came up with a recipe that I had 3 people ask me how I made it! 😋 


Here is the recipe I found at cookingclassy.com



And here are the ways I tweaked it a bit. When I made it I added only 1/2 c. of brown sugar. And I added about a Tbsp or so of caramel topping (you could do butterscotch too - I had caramel). I didn't want the dip so sweet with that much brown sugar. And then I whipped up the cream cheese, brown sugar & caramel mixture with my hand mixer until it was smooth. I folded in about 1/2 a bag of toffee bits (not the whole thing) I then spread the dip in a pie plate. I topped it off with a drizzle of caramel and a sprinkle of toffee bits.  It was absolutely scrumptious! I served it with red and green apple slices. 

BTW, I always share this pro tip for apples: if you toss the slices in some pineapple juice before you put on a tray, it doesn't change the flavor (like lemon does) and they WILL NOT TURN BROWN! It works beautifully! 



😋😋😋





Next dip...

This is the crab dip I have made for many many years. I have posted it on here a few times. You can find it under my recipes tab. You can click to it right here. It's made up of a cream cheese base where you add mayo, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, & dried minced onion. You then top with cocktail sauce and lump crab meat and let chill in the fridge an hour. It's so yummy served with a buttery cracker like Club or veggies too 
(like cucumber slices & celery).


Enjoy! xo


9 comments:

  1. Yum-yum! Love the apple dip - so perfect for fall! Thanks for sharing! Hugs x K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! It was pretty amazing and very Fall. At Christmas doing the red and green apples would be cute too ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! These sound amazing!! I'm saving this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, yum! I have a toffee apple dip that is almost identical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my that toffee dip sure does sound good :)

    ReplyDelete