Thursday, October 26, 2023

Halloween Fun and an Update

 


Hello dear Friends! 

Happy Friday eve. I hope you've been having a wonderful week so far! ๐Ÿ˜

 I know we're getting close to the weekend ahead....and to the Halloween holiday. So I thought I would share a few recent and some old pins on pinterest all related to Fall & Halloween. ๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ๐Ÿงก






















I love pinterest for decorating ideas, recipes and current and vintage pictures that give all the Fall feels. You can find all of these, and their links, on my pinterest board called "my favorite season", which you can go to directly by clicking here.






You can also find Fall related recipes I have shared in my posts by clicking on the recipes tab at the top of my page and scrolling through until you find something fun - like a few of the ideas I share here of the pumpkin muffins that I made recently. And the tried and true caramel apple salad I've been making for years. We are planning to go to a family gathering of the C's for Halloween and I'll be bringing that salad to contribute! You can also go to my recipe tab by clicking here.  

Do you have fun plans for Halloween? It's so different now that my kiddos are older. I miss the sweet days of costumes and putting out fun snacks with "bugs" in them and making bloody shirley temple drinks, or mummy wrapped juice boxes. But it will still be fun to have an outing to attend with great friends and fun food! 

I also wanted to share an update that I plan to make my blog private in the future for personal reasons. I plan to share this info again on Monday's HHM post as that is when I have more folks catching up here usually, and I want to give you all the heads up. I'm sorry for any inconvenience it may cause. All you will need to do is click on asking my permission to follow my blog and then you can still follow my posts as always. :)  I will share this info again next week and then after Monday's posts I plan to start posting privately. My hope, though, is to have an additional blog in the future related to my hospice world and some other potential endeavors. That blog I plan to make public. However, that blog may not happen until next year. But this northwoods blog isn't going anywhere - it will just be changing to private soon. I treasure all of you and hope you will still continue to visit here and comment and share your thoughts, as I will continue to do with all of you! 

Blessings. xoxo


7 comments:

  1. I am smiling because I literally have saved most all of your Halloween pics! And don't worry about the blog, I could find you anywhere! Have a cozy evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything here - those pics just make me feel cozy.
    We don't do much for Halloween since our kids are grown. And no one usually comes to our house out in the country to trick or treat...
    You can bet I'll be asking for permission to follow this blog. I value you and all you share here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many pretty pins! I love that little ghost! So cute! I will definitely ask for permission to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Halloween is a lot different as the kids get older but I enjoy answering the door so I don't mind much. A little less stress about costumes. Loved seeing all your Halloween fall pictures. Do what you need to do with your blog, I'll still follow you if you grant me permission. By the way, I gathered everything to try your chili recipe and am just trying to decide whether to make it for the Chiefs game or for Halloween. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carrie, love all the Halloween inspiration and cute 'Pins'. I love Pinterest and sometimes spend too much time on it! Sorry you have to take the blog private - I will definitely want to be included! We don't do much on Halloween either - too far out in the country for anyone to come. Sometimes the grands come over, but with it being a school night, probably not this year. I do like to light the jack-o-lanterns, tho! Hugs xo K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the fall goodies. We don't do anything for Halloween, we use to hand out candy but since the pandemic we barely get any kids at all, and this year it is supposed to be real cold and our cat Buttons does not like the door bell or people coming to the door so no more of that I guess. I would like permission to continue following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Carrie,
    I am a newer visitor to your blog and I have to say it's such a cozy place to visit! Your home by the water is my dream. I would love to have permission to continue following you.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete