Monday, October 16, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday



Hello dear Friends! 

I apologize I've been such a busy bee and haven't been on here as much recently. I feel very blessed to kind of have a birthday month! Lol It feels that way sometimes. I shared a day out with someone wanting to do a birthday get together for me EVERY DAY last week! Geesh, makes me feel so blessed and loved! And this past weekend was the icing on the cake (pun intended ๐Ÿ˜‰ ). I am proud to say I turned 52 yesterday. I am so grateful to the Lord for the gift of aging and for all the blessings He has placed in my life. ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ’• 

Saturday Matt and I tag teamed cleaning jobs and projects around the house - but then shared in Saturday mass together, went and spent time with my Mom and step Dad (did my birthday celebration with my Dad last weekend), and then went out with the Conley's for a wonderful dinner at a supper club out in the country (so midwest WI Lol). I had steak and lobster - yum! Then they came to our house and we played games and cards til the wee hours and I was in stitches half the night laughing!! Adding to those laugh lines around my eyes and I'm here for it!! ๐Ÿ˜ Annie came in late from being out with friends and wanted to give me my gifts - so then Matt said he did too and we had a whole bday party at 12:30 AM! They both said it was officially my bday anyway. ๐Ÿ˜‚  I received such thoughtful gifts (including a Jordan Love jersey - yay!) and they both gave me cards this year that made me bawl! ๐Ÿ˜ญ My son was out-of-town this weekend but we also celebrated with my kiddos last weekend. See, all month like I said - geesh! ๐Ÿ˜†  But he called me yesterday and he said he has goodies for me too. I am spoiled!

Then yesterday we slept in and had coffee just lounging. Then Matt went and picked us up a really yummy lunch and we watched some football. Then the weather got absolutely gorgeous and we went out for a hike in the woods at a park he hadn't been to yet. They have waterfalls there and it was so pretty and just my favorite thing to do! Then last night I helped my daughter apply to colleges and work on a poster board for her senior night at volleyball tonight. A full and wonderful birthday weekend I will treasure always. ๐Ÿ‚ ๐Ÿงก












        





THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:




























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

part of a birthday donut (๐Ÿ˜‹), yogurt, coffee













ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

Annie's volleyball games and senior night (I'm helping with several things at it), her hockey practices, conferences, another bday lunch date this week,  hair appt, MD check up appt,  home projects, hospice work
















THINKING ABOUT:  

how abundantly blessed I am thanks to God's goodness and graciousness





















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

I can hear the dishwasher hum, it's clean and bright, music softly playing. It feels peaceful. Out my window it's glorious with color now - very golden and I love it!! ๐Ÿงก





















CURRENTLY READING

ordered some new books that haven't arrived yet




















ON THE TV TODAY:

 When Calls the Heart, Big Brother, Dancing with the Stars, Survivor, Shark Tank, Jeopardy, Better Call Saul, The Morning Show, Great British Baking Show, Love is Blind (new season), some Fall Gilmore Girls episodes





















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY -  at senior night and they're ordering pizza for us workers Lol



TUESDAY -  slow cooker BBQ meatballs, brown rice side dish (I boil it in chicken broth) with toasted pecans and dried cranberry, and sheet pan roasted brussel sprouts w/onion & balsamic roaster seasoning and tossed with dried cranberry and bacon pieces (never made this last week and meatballs and brussel sprouts are frozen so will work this week)



WEDNESDAY -  sloppy joes over jalapeno cheddar cornbread, salad



THURSDAY - out with a friend for my bday ๐Ÿ˜†  (yes again)



FRIDAY -  not sure yet...maybe out?



















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

go for walks, watch Annie's game, do crafts or bake



















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:



I can attest that this has worked for me :) 





















FROM THE CAMERA:

I see lots of this each day - napping critters. Lol Also, it's getting so golden and beautiful out my windows. I love curling up and reading with that view out beyond me ๐Ÿ˜  (oh and that's the bday jersey- go Pack go!)














Our beautiful birthday hike ๐Ÿ๐Ÿงก

























I love the sound of crunching leaves under our feet:











PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflict in the Ukraine and Israel and of all parts of the world living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain or fear... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the dark everywhere. ๐Ÿ™ 























PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Have a blessed week Friends! I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday once again! I'm glad you got to enjoy it ten-folds ;) and more! Our Fall looks pretty much like your Fall. It's a joy to be able to watch the colorful leaves and read Fall magazines. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday ๐ŸŽ‚. Your Fall pictures are beautiful. I miss the change of leaves in Louisiana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful photographs! I love this time of the year. Happy birthday!! Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful photos today! It's looking cozy and Fall like there.
    I'm glad you were spoiled and loved on for your birthday. You deserve it! I would not have guessed you were 52, you look wonderful. I have 10 years on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Month! Glad your people are treating you right, you deserve it. All your fall photos are gorgeous as always. Have a wonderful rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, sounds like it has been wonderful celebrating your special day!! Such a wonderful time of year to have a birthday too, so much to celebrate this time of year and your area is looking just wonderful! We just got back from visiting our families in Michigan and the lower half of Michigan is just now starting to turn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy and Blessed birthday, my friend!!!!! What a wonderful celebration! Love all your fall pictures, and yes to crunchy leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! Your trees and autumn view are lovely!

    ReplyDelete