Monday, November 27, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday



Happy Monday Friends! 

Sorry I'm getting to this a little late. I went out with a friend for an  early lunch. I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Can you believe December is in a few days?? We even got a little snow this weekend (it's since melted) adding to the festive feelings in the air. For those that celebrated Thanksgiving, I hope you had a blessed holiday with your loved ones. πŸ’— 

It was a lovely one here, other than my Mom had a sore back and couldn't stay too long past dinner - but she's doing better now. We had yummy appetizers and visited lots (my brother and SIL were here too, along with the kiddos, Matt & I). And then had our wonderful meal and more visiting afterwards. Followed by pie and games and maybe a nap after all that too. πŸ˜‰ 

The weekend was a fun one also. My son came home for lunch Friday and Matt and I put out a big leftovers spread for us and the kiddos. Shortly after Matt and I went out and did a little black Friday shopping. And then Friday night both of my kiddos hung out here all night. We played board games and video games and ordered in some pizza. I just love that my kiddos enjoy hanging out with us. I was belly laughing that night harder than I've laughed in a long time! Such a fun night. 

We got the trees hauled into the house on Saturday. We also did Saturday evening mass and then came home and snuggled in and watched a couple of movies. Yesterday we did more cleaning and I began decorating. I plan to work on that the next several days and hopefully get the rest of it complete. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! 🎢 πŸŽ„  




        















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:




























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

yogurt, coffee
















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

lunch with a friend, my mammogram, painter coming to give estimate on office room and hallways, Annie's hockey games, help my Mom, hospice work


















THINKING ABOUT:  

Lots of decorating ahead!





















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

 I'm in my office and I can see a sweet little candle glowing next to an adorable paper poinsettia a gf gave me for my birthday (real poinsettias are toxic for cats). (see pics below) I'm listening to old Christmas music discs on my bose system and I stop once in a while to gaze out the big window that overlooks the bay. It's still frozen over and some sides of it still have snow covering.  I'm sipping cardamom cinnamon tea and feeling very cozy. 





















CURRENTLY READING

Holiday magazines (probably going to remain my go-to through the season). I have several books I'm reading and I jump around - so nothing of mention at this time.





















ON THE TV TODAY:

   Survivor, Dancing with the Stars, Jeopardy, The Morning Show, Great British Baking Show, The Crown,  Christmas movies, HGTV shows, Matt and I started watching The Americans (streams on Hulu right now) 





















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY -  



TUESDAY - 



WEDNESDAY -  



THURSDAY - 



FRIDAY -  

*don't have a set plan for this week - have things in the fridge and freezer to use up first part of the week and then going to reset and figure out a menu plan 



















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

decorate, work on Christmas cards, wrap some gifts



















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:






This one interested me as I think about getting another one now and then. 


















FROM THE CAMERA:

I used the cute pumpkin pie boxes that my friend Deb made - to do something different than the thankful slips I did last year. This year I filled the boxes with Thanksgiving related trivia, jokes and poems. While we sat around and had cranberry dip with cinnamon graham crackers, veggies, and some sausage and cheeses with crackers we each took a pie and shared what it said. Everyone seemed to get a kick out of it. 

We also had hot apple cider with cinnamon sticks and clove studded orange slices simmering away. πŸ˜‹ 




My sweet Bro and SIL. Just love them! πŸ’• 






I always have a LOT of Fall to put away!








Switched out for the really big warm comforter for the season and it was perfect timing because we woke up to a chill snowy morning the next day



Bubba was enjoying a squirrel looking for seeds in the snow on our deck










It went from that pretty sun on the frozen bay - to snowing up a storm in a matter of minutes! 





















PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere.  For Matt's Mom and for my gf both dealing with some health issues. For anyone suffering in any way during this holiday season. πŸ™ 
























PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


Have a wonderful week ahead Friends! I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

6 comments:

  1. Hello, lovely friend! Your Thanksgiving weekend looks wonderful! So nice to see your family too. I hope you have a nice week as Christmas time arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving and all great pictures. Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Thanksgiving sounds (and looks) like you had a GREAT time - wonderful pictures! I LOVE the one where it looks like Ruby has her own plate! I am so happy for you that life is falling into place for you! Your life hacks are both wonderful advice, but your devotional just sings loudly to me! Have a wonderful week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Loved seeing your pictures. Your home is beautiful and I love the little kitty peeking out the window! How sweet! The holidays are always great when you can spend them with your favorite people eating good food and sharing good times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Your pictures are beautiful as always! Have you watched The Americans before? It's great especially for the 80's nostalgia though it's definitely one I would not watch with my kids, not even my older kids b/c some of it is quite explicit). Hope you are in the middle of a great week! (P.S. Are we going to need to be blogging frenemies this weekend? Do you know who your Packers are playing? ;))

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry your mom's back was bad, nice that it is doing better. yes it is always good when the kids enjoy hanging out with you.
    It takes me awhile to get the Fall decorations taken care of too, but I have that all done, the dusting and sweeping done and today I have put up our tree and have it mostly decorated. This weekend is tackling the outdoor stuff.
    Gorgeous sunset!

    ReplyDelete