Hello and happy Friday to you Friends!
I thought today for a fun 5 we'd talk about s'mores goodness. Summer will be here before we know it and one of my favorite things we do regularly in the summer is sit around a fire.
Often just for the ambiance a relaxation of a fire.
And it's always the perfect spot to gather if we have relatives visiting or friends over. Something about a fire makes you want to tell stories and visit which often leads to lots of laughs and fun. :)
Sometimes a glass of wine next to the fire is just what the doctor ordered ๐
ONE
But most of the time, when we have a fire...we break out the fixings for s'mores. Marshmallow, graham cracker, chocolatey goodness. I thought my 5 today would be to share several different kinds of s'mores.
Of course there's the one that we all know and love - with a hershey bar, graham cracker and roasted marshmallow. Which is what we had just finished in this photo. Of course if you don't want the standard hershey bar chocolate - I think higher quality chocolate (like Ghiradhelli) can up the game a bit too.
TWO
But another way we have often enjoyed s'mores is to add fruit slices to them. Fresh fruit with chocolate and melty marshmallow is such an amazing combination.
So for example we have made s'mores that have the chocolate and banana on it then roast the marshmallow and put on top of that. Or strawberry slices on it.
THREE
And the fruit kind of leads to my next add-on's - different spreads.
This is currently Matt's favorite flavor for anything these days - so he would make his s'more with this frosting, chocolate and marshmallow. ๐
But other ideas are to try the strawberry slices and marshmallow with white chocolate pieces. Or do nutella spread instead of the chocolate bar with banana and marshmallow. It's fun to be creative with flavors!
Think of them as "gourmet s'mores" ๐งก
FOUR
Or don't use any traditional kinds of chocolate, but instead use a candy bar. Have you had reese's pb cups on a s'more? Game changer! Try a reese's with banana and the marshmallow...so good! Think of how many different kinds of candy bars there are - so tons of possibilities for different flavors!
FIVE
And the last thing you could change up is the graham cracker part. Instead, use chocolate chip cookies. Or those yummy fudge striped ones as the "sandwich" for your s'mores.
Or I think this would be an absolutely heavenly idea:
Use a big buttery croissant to put your s'mores fillings inside. Holy yum!
I hope this inspires you to come up with some flavor ideas of your own with anything you love! Yay for summer traditions. ๐
I will be sharing these 5 with My Creative Life blog if she links up this week. You can find her here.
And for all of you Momma's celebrating Mother's Day this weekend, I pray you have a very blessed time with those you love and treasure most. Know you are a gift! ๐








First, I have to tell you that I love that table top fire! If we had that, I think we'd have more smores!
ReplyDeleteYour s'more ideas are to die for. I've never even thought of some of those and you are now making me hungry!
Happy Mother's Day friend. You are such a great mom!
Thanks Mari my Girl! You're too sweet. I hope you had an amazing day and you are a Mom and Grandma I aspire to. :)
DeleteAnd definitely try a s'mores with fruit and yummy spread - soooo good!
Oh you are killing me with this post, so many yummy ideas but hubby and I are on a strict diet right now, so this will not be in our future but we will enjoy a good fire, we never burned all the brush last fall so it needs to be done this spring :)
ReplyDelete