Friday, May 24, 2024

Mixed Berry Pie

 


Hello Friends! 

Happy Friday. 🎉

It's Memorial Weekend here in the states. Do you have fun plans? We're getting together with the C's for some of it, and plan to have fun hopefully on the water if weather cooperates. And play cards, games, eat good food and have a relaxing time. We plan to grill too and one of the things I'm contributing to the weekend is this amazing pie! I've talked about it on here before. It's my lovely friend Billie Jo's recipe. I love her and her blog Afternoon Coffee & Evening Tea.  She shared this recipe long ago and ever since I've had it - I make it at least a few times every summer. 


Summery berries in a flaky crust (store bought to make it easier - it's good enough for Billie Jo, it's good enough for me 😉). What's not to love? Warm with ice cream...even more love. 😋  She is such a sweet giving soul and  I know she wouldn't mind me sharing the love with you too. 


I just made it last night:


I used 4 kinds of berries: blueberries, blackberries, strawberries & raspberries. Don't they look like summer jewels of goodness?




I like to glaze the top with a brush of milk or cream and some cinnamon sugar. I also punched out a few flowers...well cuz it's the season! 🌸



Isn't she a beauty? All baked up golden brown and delicious. Thank you Billie Jo!!! Here is the recipe in her own words - I printed this up ages ago and it sits folded up in my recipe box, added to my other treasured recipes. 




The only additions I sometimes make is stirring in a pinch of salt and a little vanilla right before I pour the berries into the crust. I truly hope you make this sometime. I guarantee it will become your favorite too! 

What are you going to be up to this weekend? 
xo





And God's blessings to those who sacrifice so much for the sake of our country as we remember them this weekend. ❤️💙


5 comments:

  1. The pie looks delicious! Always looking for a recipe to use the wonderful berries this time of year. Yours turned out so pretty with the cinnamon sugar and little flowers. Your weekend sounds fun and relaxing. Here, the 'guys' are replacing the old shed roof this weekend and on Memorial Day we are going to relax with some home-made chili. If the weather is nice, we'll enjoy the deck and do some gardening. So far, the weather isn't cooperating for any back-yard bbq-ing. Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs xo K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billie Jo is the best! I remember this recipe because it looked so good. I've not made it because Bob doesn't like berry pies and I sure don't need one by myself! :)
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pie sounds amazing! I hope your Memorial day weekend is going just as amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, lovely friend! I am getting caught up and am so thrilled to see you love this beautiful pie as much as we do! It looks delicious, and I can tarte it now! I am going to request this from one of my favorite bakers soon! Or, I could make it myself, right?! So happy to see all your posts of the lake, your friends, and your man. OK! I realized in the photo of a younger Matt at the lake that he resembles Dean from Gilmore Girls!!! Do you see it?? Have a lovely day, my dear froiend. Thanks for all the kind words and your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pie looks yummy :). We were on our way to Michigan last Monday, so no celebrating for us, but the roads were really good not bad traffic at all, we were thankful for that

    ReplyDelete