Monday, September 23, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday



Hello, happy Monday, and HAPPY FALL!! 🍁🎃💛

I love that it's officially Autumn now! Even though I still need to get my home fully decorated 🙈

It was another whirlwind weekend as we jetted off to Florida for parents weekend to visit our Annie-boo. Trying to catch up on life around here after a couple of crazy busy weekends! But it was wonderful to see her in her element. She absolutely loves college life and is navigating FL, new friends (loved them all!), amazing grades, club hockey - all like a BOSS! So very proud of her!!! 😍💕

It flew by too fast but we got in some shopping time (helped her get some business attire for internships coming up already). We also got the tour around campus and her dorms. All so nice! Went out to the movies. Ate fun food (sushi anyone?) And went to a USF football game. Matt especially loved that!

Before I dive into this new week, I also wanted to thank you so much for the sweetest comments of love and support on my last couple posts all about our wedding (which was only 2 weekends ago). You are all such sweet and amazing friends and I'm so grateful for you all! 
If you missed about our wedding and want to get the scoop on everything read the last 2 posts. In one I share the stories and in the other the photos. :) 

Gotta say, so far absolutely LOVING married life! Feeling blessed and having a lot of fun. ❤️❤️❤️

Also I'm loving that my favorite season has begun. It has been getting in the 40's & 50's here at night. After being in 90* very humid weather in FL - it felt positively delicious to be cold last night!! We both slept very well. Lol Bring on all the leaves changing color, sips of hot tea, and getting out cozy Fall sweaters. I'm ready! 
















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Back to fasting this AM so only sugar free syrup and a splash of protein creamer in my coffee. 

I had been down 22 lbs at wedding time and I am currently down 25 lbs and counting. I have a goal to hit 40-50 lbs down by next year.


















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

errands, wedding related appts,  final fittings, home projects, hospice work 



















THINKING ABOUT:  

The rest of the thank you's Matt and I need to finish this week. And that I need to get moving on getting out my Fall decorations before it's practically Christmas! Lol 



















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

It's a gorgeous 60's and sunny Fall day outside. Several trees have started to turn a bit and when a big breeze comes up I can see them shake off some of the leaves and they float down into the little piles already on the ground. 

It feels so peaceful. I'm listening to soft classical music. Both pets are napping. The sun is streaming in. I have the window open and can hear the windchimes play their music once in a while alongside the music of the wind rustling the trees.🍁


















CURRENTLY READING

I finished my last book on the plane ride home - while also streaming some of the Packers game. They won btw...yay!! Not sure what I want to read next but may let my kindle charge and go through the piles of books in my office and choose something in there next. 















ON THE TV TODAY:

 Big Brother, Dancing with the Stars, Emily in Paris (netflix), Survivor, Grey's Anatomy back this week, I think Great British BAke Off will be starting on netflix this week too, Golden Bachelorette


















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:




    MONDAY - cheddar & jalapeno brats we need to use up, zucchini fries




TUESDAY -  soup I think?




WEDNESDAY - slow cooker Italian beef sammy's, roasted Fall veggies sheet pan with balsamic drizzle





THURSDAY - leftovers




FRIDAY -  out for dinner
















 

TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

read in the fresh air, go for walks, decorate for Autumn inside and outside
















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
























FROM THE CAMERA:




Some of Annie's new besties






Went out to the movies one night. 
PS: the new Beetlejuice movie starts slow but gets better and is very corny like the first one





yes, that's Annie in the background eating fries - she wanted sushi AND french fries 😁


















Tuckered out after a couple of very busy weekends. 😴











PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere and help the world find its way. 🙏🏻














PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


Wishing you a wonderful first week of Fall my Friends! Blessings to you and thank you for visiting. ❌⭕️ I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker MOnday.


13 comments:

  1. Looks like the best of college times for Annie and Florida to boot. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a nice time in Florida! I'm enjoying this rainy day in PA :) Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful pictures! I am SO glad to hear Annie loving college life. As a mama, that makes you feel so much better, I know! Parents Weekend looks like a lot of fun! I'm glad she has jumped in and gotten involved in things. Is her boyfriend at the same school? I know you and Matt have to be tuckered out. Hope ya'll can get some good rest on these cooler nights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy! It is so wonderful to see Annie embracing it all so well. Her boyfriend is about an hour away. It is nice that Matt and I getting into a cozy home rhythm now! 💗

      Delete
  4. Wonderful that you were able to visit Annie in Florida, and it is great that she is settling in and making new friends. It sounds like Florida is as hot as Queensland! You have had a few busy weekends, no wonder you are all tuckered out. Bring on the cosy times of Autumn. Blessings to you both. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish! It was so muggy in FL - we definitely welcome our wonderful cooler weather of the north now! Blessings to you! 🍁💛

      Delete
  5. Well, hello there, Mrs.!!!!! You are a rockstar! Two very life changing events back to back, and you sailed right through with grace and beauty. So happy to see your girl thrive in her new environment. How proud you must be. Now you are Home Sweet Home, knowing that your people are where they are supposed to be, happy and healthy, and you and your Mr. can relax and enjoy the beauty and cozy of fall!!!!!!!!! P.S. I want to thank you for sharing about fasting. I realized that I could do that too, and am feeling so much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo! I'm a Mrs again, yay! - it's so fun and wonderful!! :)
      It was so nice to see Annie being an absolute rock star at college life. It's a relief and also gave my momma heart a proud squeeze. Matt & I are definitely loving our cooler weather now we're home tho - for sure!
      And so happy fasting is working for you too! It really seems to help my aging metabolism and makes me feel better too. Also, the more weight I lose the better my joints feel. My cross to bear in this life is arthritis and it's kind of a bugger. Lol 😉💗

      Delete
  6. Can't wait to go back a couple posts and read all about your wedding. Congratulations! Looks like you are settling right into married life! Glad you had a good time in Florida and that Annie is doing so well! Hope you are having a wonderful week so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! It was such an amazing and special wedding weekend. And then last weekend with Annie - and getting to know all is well in her new world...well it felt like icing on this new life cake! Lol Blessings on the rest of your week! 🙏🏻💗

      Delete
  7. Oh sweet friend I am so sorry to be so late this weekend. Been busy too, but nearly as "FUN" busy as you! Have been praying Annie is not affected by the hurricane and that all is well with her.

    HAPPY FALL! And happy decorating now that you're home. I hope you get the rest you need. I'm working on some fall recipes and decorating myself. Have a great rest of the weekend and I'll see you Monday.

    ReplyDelete