Hello Friends!
I thought I'd join the festive blogging spirit with a Blogmas post.
I know I won't have time to do one every day through the season, but I thought I'd join when I'm able. I'm following a few of my friends that like to do these posts (I see you Tamy, Jean, and Sandra). ❤️💚
So I thought I'd combine the ones they were doing today. A few were talking about their holiday decorating.
As a rule, I typically don't like decorating for Christmas until after Thanksgiving. But when it falls so late -like it did this year - I felt fine to get out the decorations earlier. I love putting holiday touches just about everywhere in our home for Christmas. And I'm definitely a traditional sentimental kind of decor Gal. Although I notice I have lots of northwoods inspired decorations with deer and critters, lots of Angels, and some snowmen too. I always put my nativity up (the one my Mom painted & embellished for me long ago). I tend to do a more theme decorated tree up in the living room. And I put a fun tree downstairs that holds all our family ornaments through the years. And I have a little tree in the back hall - to greet guests - that is shaped like a snowman.
I have so many, but I'd have to say my favorites I watch every year are Christmas Vacation, Elf, and Love Actually
✨Whats Your Favourite Christmas Colour?
I've been very into red and gold together and then I have lots of greenery around - so obviously very traditional colors. But if I had to pick one it would be red ❤️
✨Do You Like To Stay in Your PJs Or Dress Up For Christmas?
I dress up for church Christmas Eve and then come home and get into pj's for gift opening with my kiddos.
✨If You Could Only Buy One Person a Present This Year Who Would It Be?
I couldn't pick one - it would have to be my kids and Matt :)
✨Do You Open Your Present Christmas Eve Or Christmas Morning?
I have several Christmases - if my Dad comes up to visit from AZ we do a Christmas sometime before Christmas Eve. We do Christmas Eve morning with my Mom and my Bro and SIL and Christmas Eve night with Matt & the kids. And we do Christmas Day with Matt's folks.
✨ What Do You Like To Do On Your Christmas Break?
✨Any Christmas Wishes?
As cliche as it is for peace on earth and everyone to be safe and healthy. The things I wish for all the time actually. Lol
✨Favorite Christmas Smell?
I think I equate the scent of cinnamon with Christmas most. I make sugared pecans as gifts and they have lots of cinnamon. It's in the tea I sip.The wassail I make. The desserts often too. And even lots of the candles I have.
✨Favourite Christmas Meal Or Treat?
My favorite treat are my Gram's recipe cut-out cookies with her homemade cream cheese + butter vanilla frosting. I add sprinkles and keep them cold in the fridge. They're soft and so creamy/buttery and excellent with a cold glass of milk. The best!
✨What are you doing for the holidays this year?
As I mentioned, hosting all of the celebrations! :)
✨What’s your favorite holiday drink?
I love Tom & Jerry's (a sweet alcoholic "toddy" big in our area), wassail simmering - so fruity and spicy, and I always have to have a little eggnog.
✨Candy cane or Gingerbread men?
Can't go wrong with either but gingerbread if it's not hard.
✨What’s your favourite holiday/Christmas song?
O Holy Night
✨What is most important to you about the holidays?
Celebrating our Lord (the reason for the season) and the time with family and friends - what life is all about! 💚❤️











It's looks very festive there! I love all your decor. I finally have all my decorations up and I love all that Christmas cheer!
ReplyDeleteYou have such pretty Christmas decorations! I love the little deer with the wreaths around their necks. Are they made of straw? I couldn't really decide. So cute! I love that you put up several trees! I used to do two, but I can only handle one now, ha! I hope to get back to that one day. Sounds like y'all have a full schedule of family gatherings! That's wonderful!
ReplyDeleteSuch pretty pictures! Love that one of Bubba especially :D I LOVE your answers! For me it's hard to pick a movie, but a close friend's is A Christmas Story and this year a bunch of us are going to go have a nice dinner and see it as a play at our local community college. I like a nice Buffalo plaid, but I lean towards red also and definitely comfy, but cute and fairly casual. I do an Angel tree program with foster kids every year and would have to buy for that. When I was a kid we opened presents on Christmas eve, but since I've been married it's always on Christmas morning. Love your answer for Christmas wishes and I can't top that! Cinnamon for a smell and homemade cinnamon rolls for the treat too! We'll be at home having a hot buttered rum with a sugar cookie or gingerbread man, my favorite. I 100% agree with your song choice and the importance of the season. Mine is Hark the Herald Angels.
ReplyDeleteYou have some lovely decorations, Carrie. And your tree looks beautiful.
ReplyDeleteIt really is the most wonderful time of the year. 🎄🎄🎄
Your trees are beautiful :) I am definitely a minimalist when it comes to decorating for Christmas. I will do our main tree and the surrounding area, and then a front porch tree, but that's it. Although I do enjoy seeing other people's houses completely decked out :) Yours looks so cozy and I love the window shot and the Christmas tree. Very nice :)
ReplyDeleteHi Carrie! I love your decorations and your tree is beautiful!! Your home looks so cozy and festive! I loved reading your answers to the questions! Xx
ReplyDeleteOh, I was Oohing and Ahhing over all of your beautiful Christmas decorations. And your friend in KC approves of that red and gold color scheme ;) LOL. I've watched 2 of your 3 favorite Christmas movies already this year. So fun reading all your answers to the questions.
ReplyDeleteYour house looks gorgeous, I love snowmen and that tree is just awesome :) Beautiful nativity too!
ReplyDelete