Wednesday, December 18, 2024

Blogmas: Gift Opening & PJ's, plus a Merry Christmas message to you!

 

Hello Friends ~

Well we're in the home stretch now! Christmas is only a week away. And for many that also celebrate Christmas Eve and even days before  - we're  only short days away. 


I'm in the final crunch here of baking, wrapping and prepping for the hosting I'll be doing ahead. Plus -  I have my mammogram appointment this week, and I'm helping my Mom with some things, and also taking Annie for some of her appointments. So I'm a busy elf at the moment. 

But I thought I'd at least try and join one more blogmas. I see my friend Tamy at Chasing My Life blog shared the questions: When do you open gifts? And: Does your family do matching pj's?



First of all, the gift situation has gotten out of hand this year. Lol The tree was pretty full with gifts anyways (not only for immediate family but some extended). But then Matt added a bunch of goofy little gift bags because he got the kids and I a bunch of little fun, silly & nice things all on his own. This is a pic at last gift count and there is a mound buried under the tree besides what you can see. 🙈






These are some pics from last year. We usually open gifts Christmas Eve morning (a brunch) with my Mom and step Dad and my Bro & SIL Jill (all in the pics below with my kids). And then in the evening we open with the kids. We will still be doing brunch this year with my Mom etc - but last year we opened with the kids on the 23rd. It wasn't planned but my son was staying over that night and we go to mass Christmas Eve - so they suggested it would be easier to do it on a non busy evening. And it really was. It takes us a while and we had lots of time. So we're doing that again this year! The kiddos go to their Dad's for Christmas Day and that's when we'll open with Matt's folks. My Dad and step Mom stayed in AZ this year so we sent gifts this time. 







We don't do the matching pj's thing. We never did through all my kids growing up years. But here is Annie with her bf last year in their cute matching pj's. And Matt last year got us matching sweaters for Christmas Day. He said he has something for us for this Christmas too - so I truly have no idea what I'll be wearing Christmas morning! Lol He sure keeps us on our toes and it's lots of fun!! 










It's going to get very busy in my life now, so I want to wish you a Merry Christmas time now as I probably won't be blogging until after the holidays. 


Please know I'm sending wishes that all of your decorations are up and glowing. 








That you have all your final shopping done and packages have all arrived.





That you're getting lots of time to snuggle up with those you love most this whole season long. ❤️💚






And that on Christmas Eve night you'll be all tucked in and sleeping with sweet dreams of a baby born long ago and sent to save us all. 🙏🏻. Getting all ready to celebrate His birth on Christmas Day and to spend time with our loved ones in the best ways. 






And that Christmas Day you awake to a bright and beautiful world and that Santa brings you lots of fun goodies and you enjoy the whole day long. 




So on behalf of Santa...



And from my family to yours:



❤️💚xoxo








15 comments:

  1. Awww...Merry Christmas Carrie! I hope you have lots of fun with your family and ALL those gifts!! Special blessings for you over the next few weeks :) Enjoy all the crazy and all the cozy moments. They all add up to good memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! I hope you have lots of fun too. Blessings always. xo

      Delete
  2. I'm done wrapping and decorating! We're getting ready to go to our son Andy in KY for the weekend, so will do Christmas with them then, Our girls and families will be over on Christmas eve and our Christmas day will be kind of quiet, but will have a nice dinner with my sister, BIL and brother.
    That Matt is just the best! I love what he's been up to and can't wait to see what you're wearing.
    Merry Christmas my friend! See you in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! Merry Christmas! Yay for getting all of those jobs done. Have safe travels and blessings to you all always. xo

      Delete
  3. I loved reading this post! So many gifts!!! We are Christmas morning gift openers here, but once in a while we sneak one or two in on Christmas eve! We've never done matching pj's but not because I don't want to. I've been trying to convince my family for years! Someday!! Your Christmas card is beautiful as are your decorations and tree! One week to go. Sending hugs! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle! My Christmas wish for you is matching family pj's - maybe this is the year! Lol Blessings always. xo

      Delete
  4. Oh, your card this year is just beautiful! So many happy things this year! I just cracked up when I read your Christmas sweaters from last year! LOL! That is hilarious! My goodness at the gifts! Wow! Matt likes to shop a little, huh? Haha! I love how he spoils y'all! Sounds like lots of fun family gatherings! Wishing you all the best Christmas! Soak in all the fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy! Weren't the dancing birthday Jesus sweaters a riot? Lol I told Matt next year we're going LESS IS MORE!! It's ridiculous. 😂 Merry Christmas and blessings always. xo

      Delete
  5. My beautiful, sweet, festive friend, Merry and Blessed Christmas!!!!!!! Enjoy every moment! Hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo! Giant hugs and Christmas love and New Year wishes sent your way!! Blessings always xo

      Delete
  6. Growing up we always opened our presents after the Christmas eve service, but it was early like 6:30 pm. When we got married hubby wanted it on Christmas morning so we changed to that. Never had matching PJ's.
    We are all decorated inside and out, and everything is done and our meal is planned so all is good.
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas week my friend! Thank you for playing along when you could. I enjoyed reading your BLOGMAS. Growing and blending families keep our traditions in flux, happily so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful Christmas post, dear Carrie. I love all those PJs; we have never done it either but I like the look. Our last package just got delivered - Tick! Wrapping almost done... Sudden change of plans on Christmas Day, but we are working around that. Mass tonight, singing with choir, lovely. Merry Christmas to you, Matt and all the family. It will be Spectacular!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your Christmas was sweet and special, Dear Carrie, and I can't wait to see the surprise sweaters/P.J.'s you get this year! We've never done the P.J. thing, either, but we did do ugly sweaters one year. Love your Christmas card. Such a special year for you. Looks like you had lots of surprises under the tree. xx Wishing you and all of your loved ones health, happiness and many blessings in the new year, dear friend! Hugs xo K

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and coverage!

    Keep up the very good works guys I've added you guys to blogroll.
    my homepage; spaceclubdisposableshop.com

    Watermelon zour kandy strain.
    Space club apple rings.
    Banana glue vape.
    Glueberry pancakes.
    Lava melon strain.
    Guava blast vape.

    ReplyDelete