Monday, December 2, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday



Hello and happy Monday Friends ~


I hope you had a wonderful weekend! And those that celebrated Thanksgiving I hope you had an extra nice long weekend and enjoyed celebrating with friends and family. :) 

We had a wonderful one with Aaron home and his Jill over often to hang out with us. My Mom was here for Thanksgiving too. We had a great time visiting, eating the best meal of the year in my opinion, and playing games. And we enjoyed leftovers all weekend long! Also, one night when Jill was over we played video games and watched the movie Christmas Vacation as Jill had never seen it! It was another wonderful Thanksgiving in the books. We went to church Saturday and then went out for sushi too. 

And now here we are....it's December!! How did we reach the end of the year already? Boy time flies when you're having lots of fun, right? 😉 We have a little bit of snow in the forecast but not much. And the bit we had is mostly gone already. I do hope we'll have a whiter Christmas ahead. I have all the decorations up. And the majority of my shopping done. Still about 1/4 left. I'm going to get my Christmas cards made out this week too. So overall I'm feeling on my game and will start wrapping gifts this week and get them under the tree. I love to be able to spend the time closer to Christmas enjoying concerts, baking, wrapping - cozy stuff and not out in crazy crowds. ❤️💚

I've still been loving my coloring app and here's one I just finished yesterday. Also, this is a page in my planner for December - so pretty with the cardinals. 


















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:



























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

coffee with cafe latte protein creamer, 1/2 a bagel, some banana

















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

errands & groceries, lunch with a friend, Christmas projects (make out cards, wrap gifts etc), line up cleaning gal to deep clean the bathrooms (sometimes nice to pay for help when you have a bad back -even tho Matt is so helpful too), shampoo carpets before Christmas, hospice work and calls



















THINKING ABOUT:  

Matt's folks are coming to visit for Christmas and we'll be celebrating their 50th anniversary on the 21st! We got them a commemorative gift and are going to take them out for a fancy dinner. But I'm also going to order a fun dessert from the bakery we used for our wedding. A "wreath" of cupcakes all done in gold leaves and berries since it's a "golden anniversary" They will be chocolate with salted caramel frosting. I think they'll be surprised and love it all! :) 





















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

In my usual perch. Sometimes I like to be in my office, but it's so full of hiding the gifts storage right now and boxes - that I'm hanging out at the dining room table. I can see the Christmas tree and mantle and all the pretty decorations. It's really sunny today and it's pouring in and I can feel the warmth (as it's only 20* outside). Listening to Christmas music per usual. Lol Bubba is chasing a paper ball I just threw for him. I can hear the laundry going and want to throw in another load when it's done. Feels like cozy home time. 


















CURRENTLY READING

nothing currently but I think I'm going to find a fun holiday novel to read


















ON THE TV TODAY:

  Survivor, Jeopardy, Ghosts, Shark Tank, Grey's Anatomy,  Holiday Baking Championship, Walking Dead catch up, hallmark movies taped



















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY - leftover turkey soup and whatever is left of holiday leftovers




TUESDAY -  tacos




WEDNESDAY - beef +broccoli stir fry, cauliflower rice




THURSDAY - chicken almondine, salad




FRIDAY - out for dinner
















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

wrap gifts, make out cards, lunch with a friend, read


















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:



















FROM THE CAMERA:

Thanksgiving moments including: family photo ops, playing Mexican Train dominos, Ruby loving the national dog show, Matt's 2 hour turkey (turns out perfect every time!), my holiday broccoli salad, hot apple cider simmering, playing old Wii and mario games, yummy leftover creamy turkey noodle soup and savory saltines I baked to go with it. I'll be sharing all the recipes later this week! 😋




















And into the December spirit - running errands we stopped to grab holiday drinks and snowman cake pops. FYI the gingerbread oatmilk chai latte is delish! Also, the bay is starting to really freeze over. 














PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace.

For Christ's Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere and help the world find its way. 🙏🏻


















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


Wishing you all a very blessed December ahead Friends! I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

8 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving. I love the pics of you with Aaron and your mom.
    It's cold here and has been snowing off and on for several days, was actually pretty nasty out on Saturday. It's that crazy Lake effect snow we get.
    I plan to work on cards tonight and then have lots of wrapping to be done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the nice family photos and yummy food pics! Now I am hungry - can I come over for leftovers? Wish I could...I love your pretty table settings. Looks like winter has arrived there - brrrrrr! We had our first frosts the last couple of days and it is very foggy today. You go girl with all the Christmas decorating and shopping almost done! I just put all my fall decorations away. Lol! Did get the outdoor garlands up while we had a fairly warm day yesterday. Hopefully will get the tree up this week. Love the cupcake idea for your in-law's 50th - don't forget to share with us. We always play Mexican Train with our old friends when we get together - a fun game. Hope you have a nice, relaxing week. Sending hugs xo K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings to you and your family for a wonderful holiday season! Looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad Aaron got to be home and it looks like from all of the amazing food and pics that y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! That's what it's all about...family, food, and being thankful! You are certainly on the ball with your holiday planning. I need to kick it in gear myself! Haha! I think your in-law's will love the plans for their 50th! Hope you have a wonderful week! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'll be looking for that savory saltine recipe, sounds intriguing. I'm making a concentrated effort to slow down for this month, the year went so fast! Hope you have a wonderful month full of family, friends, fun, and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear you had such a great time over the Thanksgiving weekend, Our snow here has all melted, we had warm temps yesterday but back to 25 feels like 18 that is pretty frigid for down here in Central Illinois. You had such a pretty table setting. I finally took down all my Autumn things now to do a deep clean to get ready for all the Christmas decorations to go up, we have a busy weekend ahead so it might not get done until next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure know how to enjoy life and be happy. Beautiful post and pictures. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello my dear friend - I am running so late again this week! Where does the time go? I can't believe we're only 3 weeks from 2025! That cupcake wreath for Matt's folk's golden anniversary sounds really pretty and I know you get a picture! Your Thanksgiving looks like it was fun, relaxed and tasty too. Have a wonmderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete