Monday, December 9, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday


Hello and happy Monday Friends ~


How have you been doing this holiday season so far? I pray you're finding lots of moments of peace and joy. ☺️❤️💚


We had a lovely weekend. We watched some Christmas movies. We ran errands on Saturday and went to church. Then out to dinner with the C's (celebrated Mr's C's bday which is this week) and came back to the house and played cards until late. Then Sunday we went to a Christmas concert. Our local college has singers and an orchestra come and put it on in our church (amazing acoustics!). It always gets me in the Christmas mood and their rendition of O Holy Night each year (with an amazing soprano) gives me goosebumps. I'll share a little piece of video of one of the songs below. 

Matt watched some football on Sunday but I was busy organizing and wrapping gifts. :) We had watched the Packers together on Thursday as they had that night game. Sadly, they lost but put up a good fight to the Lions - who have been really tough this season. 

This morning I was awake extra early for me... so I brewed myself a cup of coffee - added in a peppermint stirrer for fun, and put on the tree and Christmas music and had some quiet devotional time in a comfy chair across from this pretty sight:





Then watched as it got lighter and lighter outside, along with Bubba who was also enjoying the tree view. And we both sat until it became full daylight out (even if it is a gray gloomy day). 





Around our area some got some snow over the weekend, but we only got rain. :( So I'm still dreaming of a white Christmas over here. ❄️
















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

frosty mint coffee pod today with some chocolate mint premier protein in it (it's really good!)

















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

errands, groceries, Ruby's haircut, shopping with Annie (she comes home this week!), finish wrapping gifts, Christmas projects, hospice work



















THINKING ABOUT:  






Thinking about how much I've been enjoying the holiday section on my ipad coloring app. Lol 😉





















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

I don't like the icky gray out and rain sprinkles. It makes me feel unmotivated. But I'm still enjoying the cozy and Christmas music. Bubba keeps trying to grab my hand while I type this. Lol So he's being my buddy this morning. 
















CURRENTLY READING

The Christmas Project by Maxine Morrey


















ON THE TV TODAY:

  Survivor, Jeopardy, Ghosts, Shark Tank, Holiday Baking Championship,  hallmark movies taped, Christmas movies taped



















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY - roast chicken, mashed potatoes, not sure what veggie yet?




TUESDAY -  pasta with marinara +meatballs, roasted broccoli with lemon, cheddar bay biscuits




WEDNESDAY - chicken almondine I didn't end up doing last week, salad (will share recipe later in the week)




THURSDAY - leftovers




FRIDAY - out for dinner

















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

wrap gifts, craft, read, watch movies with Matt


















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:



















FROM THE CAMERA:
northwoods wrapping workshop (aka the dining room table)


out to dinner with the C's and love how places are festively decorated now






We loved the Christmas concert time at church and they did several numbers by candlelight








Some moments around home - I loved when we still had snow last week! 







Some moments from today! My Hubby had to be off to a work meeting - even though he works from home he sometimes needs to still get dressed up and go out in the world. Lol He looks so handsome when he does. I sure love him! ❤️


Here's a bit of video from the Christmas concert:














PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. For safe travels for all this holiday season and keeping everyone healthy. For those who have heavy hearts during the holidays - that God grant them peace. 

For Christ's Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere and help the world find its way. 🙏🏻


















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


Holiday blessings to you all Friends! Have a wonderful week! I'm hoping to join some more blogmas posts this week too. 

Today I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

7 comments:

  1. Those peppermint stirrers are the best! We had some hot chocolate the other night and I remembered I had bought some a couple of weeks ago! It was so good! I know you are so excited for Annie to come home! The concert looks just lovely and y'all looked great! I love that you and Bubba spend quiet time together in the morning. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable on your outing and Matt is extra handsome all dressed up.
    It's gray here too - got warm and the snow is all melting, but more predicted on Wednesday.
    I'm not a football watcher, but here in MI we're cheering on the Lions. :)
    Oooh! That concert looks and sounds wonderful.
    Have a great week, I know it will be busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Carrie! Your home looks so pretty and bright and festive for the holidays. I'm with you, and I'm not a fan of the icky gray, wet weather. I'm a sunny day-girl all around. That's such a cute picture of you and Matt. I love your hairstyle. It's very cute on you! Have a great week! It's hard to believe Christmas is only two weeks away and I haven't finished my shopping yet. I'm not feeling super festive this year, but I'm trying. Take care and stay cozy, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carrie, your festive season is looking just beautiful, and your joy and happiness shines through. Great photos of you two together, and your handsome hubby off to work. The snow bunny is adorable! I wish I could have been at your church concert: the choir is fantastic, and I love to hear and sing traditional Christmas music. Only 16 days? I better get on shopping.... Blessings xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love just sitting and looking at the lighted tree too. the best time to relax. great pictures and a fun time at the concert and with the C's. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful start to your morning. Here's hoping you get that white Christmas. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning my sweet friend. Such a busy week, but I'm bound and determined to get here before it ended - LOL Wednesday is not so bad! I absolutely LOVE that picture of Bubba in awe of the tree lights! Glad you got some quiet time though it was because you couldn't sleep - that's me today. And there's still plenty of time and weather for that white Christmas! My dining room looks exactly the same and I have to get it finished today! Girl's night is tonight and it's here (literally AND figuratively)! Have a blessed rest of the week my sweet friend. I received your Christmas card yesterday and it is just beautiful. The Christmas cards are on my list for tomorrow :D

    ReplyDelete