Monday, January 6, 2025

Happy Homemaker Monday



Hello and happy Monday Friends ~


And Happy 2025!! It's my first time checking in since the calendar officially turned. 



I hope you've all been having a wonderful start to this shiny new year. We rang it in with our friends - the C's and it was a lot of fun! We got dressed up and met them out for a fancier dinner. And then they came back to our place and we did sort of a belated Christmas and exchanged gifts. Annie hung out with us too. And then we stayed up late gabbing away  - ringing in the new year and with them leaving around 1:30 AM! They have a lot of exciting things going on in their world. So there was a lot to gab about: Their oldest daughter is engaged to be married and is expecting their first child (a granddaughter) in June!! Pretty fun stuff. :) 

Matt and I did lots of lounging on New Year's day. We watched the Rose Parade, played cards, watched movies and he played video games while I read. We helped Annie work on her puzzle and she hung out with us a bit too. 

Annie and I have been having such fun while she's been home. Going out shopping, hanging out a lot, great chats, watching shows, playing games and working on her puzzle. It's going to be so hard to watch her leave back to FL this week. But I've treasured every minute and we're planning to meet up with her in AZ late winter/early Spring - like we usually do to visit my Dad and step Mom. And in between we will text or talk on the phone almost every day - so that helps too. 💗

I don't usually do new year resolutions - as I think they're too easy to break and feel down on yourself. I typically pick a word for the year. Something I can go back to meditating on all through the year. More of a concept than a resolution of any kind. But it gives me a sort of beacon to keep finding my way back to for a little extra purpose for the year. 

This year my word is HOME. For many different reasons:

*an obvious one is literally being home more this year as we were gone so much last year with our epic trips etc. We have projects planned around here and just want to love our first married year continuing to plant our roots here

*spiritually I want to go back "home" - to the start and dive more into the word. I do a lot of devotional time with books I have, but I'm not always as good about reading my bible. That changes this year!

*and mentally/physically going back to the basics or "home base" to get back on my healthier routine...especially for the sake of my arthritis etc. Matt & I have lots of plans of golfing, playing pickleball, camping - very active things and I plan to lead the charge with all of it! 

We had even hoped to be snow shoeing by now - but we still don't have snow. It's just so crazy and really hurts our winter industries up here (ski trails, snowmobiling, sled dog races etc) Plus we need the moisture badly. Our bay was so low last year already, that if this keeps up we won't be putting in our dock this Spring. So I'm hoping that changes and we can get out in the woods for good exercise and activity soon! 






















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:




























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


some coffee with protein creamer and a little bit of sugar-free cinnamon roll flavor creamer. Also a grapefruit. Annie's boyfriend's family sent us a crate full of wonderful citrus fruit from FL for Christmas. Everything in it has been SO delicious!! 



















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

Costco run, other errands, Matt & I meeting with our financial planner (starting NY the right way there too), home projects, hospice work



















THINKING ABOUT:  

What a blessing my kiddos and Matt are in my life and reflecting on all my hopes for them and fun for us all in 2025! 




















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

I still have my decorations up and enjoy the glow each night. My besties and I have been getting together to do Christmas in January for around 30 years now and I'm hosting it this year. We get together this weekend, so I wanted to keep up my decorations for that. ✨❤️💚

















CURRENTLY READING

My new awesome herb book I got from Aaron for Christmas. It's called The Cook's Herb Garden: Grow, Harvest, Cook
by Jeff Cox & Marie Pierre Moine

I also added The Little Book of Cottagecore: Traditional Skills for a Simpler Life by Emily Kent on my kindle

Plus, when Annie & I were out shopping recently I also picked up the newest edition of In Her Studio: spaces and stories of creative women (love those magazines!!)



















ON THE TV TODAY:

When Calls the Heart, Virgin river, All Creatures Great & Small (starts this week), The Rookie starts this week, movies taped & cooking shows, lots of football (Packers lost - boo....but at least Vikings lost to the Lions - yay!)


















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY - leftovers 




TUESDAY -  




WEDNESDAY - 




THURSDAY - 




FRIDAY - 

*will be doing a Costco run and figure out meal plan for the week



















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

 read, organize craft plans in my office, do fun workouts (too cold to walk outside)





















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:









I found this on Youtube and it's called "Vintazy" and shows a vintage pic while playing fun vintage music. Nice back drop for cleaning/reading. And they have nighttime jazz ones nice to fall asleep to as well.





























FROM THE CAMERA:





We got all dressed up and headed out in New Year's Eve. Look at our cute downtown all decorated for the season. ✨ On our way there it started to snow and added a lot of pretty - however it didn't last. Sigh







I made some yummy ranch dill pretzels for a new year's eve snack for Annie (& a friend she hung out with) and for us all to nibble for new years day lounging. 



I also made this truly amazing blueberry french toast bake. Annie's direct quote: "Mom this is fire and you should definitely make it again!" 😋




I will share recipes later this week!




Lots of wonderful lounging on NY's day







The very difficult - but finally completed puzzle Annie had gotten at Christmas




Bubba last night giving the evil eye to the Vikes so the Lions would win (& they did! 😉)



I still have an ipad coloring addiction when I'm not reading. Going to try to focus on more books  and crafting now. 🙈




As you know, Matt spoiled me so much at Christmas but this little gift was definitely a fave and makes me so happy. It's a little bookstore that lights up that I'm loving on my bookcase (in between the books) in my office. Annie's friend was over crafting with Annie on new year's and they put it together for me. Isn't it adorable??






💗💗💗














PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace.For all those affected in the New Orleans tragedy. For a friend (& family) that recently lost her husband unexpectedly and very young and the funeral is soon. 

For Christ's Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere and help the world find its way. 🙏🏻




















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


Wishing you good health, blessed peace, and endless joy for 2025 my Friends! 🙏🏻✨
I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

13 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed reading your post! Laughed at your picture/comment about Bubba and his evil eye toward the Vikings. I like your word choice for the year. We were cheering on the Lions over here as well. Feel free to come on down to KC and grab all the snow you want, we have quite the surplus. Hope you have a wonderful week! (Going to be looking for when you post that French Toast recipe)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! I will happily come grab some of your snow! We sure need it. ANd the Bubba eye did the trick. Ha! :)

      Delete
  2. OH MY GOSH! I JUST discovered Vintazay last night and it's all I have been playing on the TV! LOL! I love it! You look so pretty for your NYE night out. I'm sure it was loads of fun! I'm so glad you and Annie have soaked up so much time together. I know you will miss her, but having that trip to Arizona to look forward to should help. I'm glad you have Matt there and I think your word of the year is so appropriate- y'all making a home with one another! So sweet! Your little bookstore is precious. What a great addition to the book shelf! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mandy! It was a fun night out. And I'm loving Vintazy too. It's perfect mood stuff. Matt & I are loving home life together - but I always look forward to time with my kiddos. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Carrie! I loved this post! I'm so happy for the sweet time you had with Annie, and also good times with Matt and the C's.
    That little lighted bookcase is just the cutest. Matt knows you well.
    You two look so good on NYE.
    I'm looking forward to your french toast recipe.
    I've never heard of Vintazy, but now I have it playing and love it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! I will be sharing the french toast recipe soon! We did have so much fun on New Year's and treasure the time with my kiddos. I loved that both of my kids expressed how much hanging out with Matt & I is their favorite part of coming home. Made my Momma heart melt. :)

      Delete
  4. Glad you had a great time for the Holidays and with Annie. I love those little bookcases. French toast recipe I'd like to try too. Great pictures. Have a wonderful new year - HOME such a great word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucie! The little bookstore did turn out so cute, didn't it? I smile at it every day. I think Home is one of the best words in the world. 😉

      Delete
  5. Oh your little bookstore is adorable Carrie. I loved this post, with so much New Year goodness. It is so delightful to have Annie home with you - we Mums need our girls. I want to try that blueberry French toast: two of my favourite things right there. You look really chic in black, and I love the light snow falling on your special date night. Today we saw on TV very heavy snow in Washington and other areas, so I was surprised you don't have it. Which just shows how big the USA is :) My girl in Ottawa is not bothered by too much snow either atm. I have never heard of ipad colouring, but I love that picture. Maybe this is something to investigate..hmmmm. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Trish! I think the bookstore looks so perfect nestled between the books. Funny how such a sweet little thing brings so much joy. :) We had such a lovely night out on NYE. I'm amazing we don't have more snow yet. We sure need it! The app on my ipad is called "zen coloring app". It plays music, nature sounds etc and then has pages you can "color" - literally tap the colors and then tap on the pic - it really does all the work. But there is something so relaxing about it for me. :)

      Delete
  6. So good to hear you enjoyed bringing in the new year with family and friends. It's always hard when the kids leave again, everything is so much quieter around the house. I still have all my decorations up too, I love the glow of the lights, we have plenty of snow and have had cloudy days but today the sun broke out and that is just what we needed. I saw those little rooms that light up at the store, but didn't buy one, but they looked interesting. Hope you have a great time with your friends this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there sweet lady! You both look so cute together for New Years and that snow on your way is so beautiful!

    I LOVE your word for the year! And the varied ways you're going to use it are wonderful!!

    Sorry to hear about the low water levels and lack of snow! We're not getting the snow either, but we ARE getting tons of rain! I LOVE that Vintazy site - so retro!

    Happy New Year to you and Matt and safe travels to Annie returning to school! Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and coverage!

    Keep up the very good works guys I've added you guys to blogroll.
    my homepage; spaceclubdisposableshop.com

    Watermelon zour kandy strain.
    Space club apple rings.
    Banana glue vape.
    Glueberry pancakes.
    Lava melon strain.
    Guava blast vape.

    ReplyDelete