Monday, February 17, 2025

Happy Homemaker Monday






Hello dear Friends!
Happy new week to you. ☀️💗

I hope you had a lovely weekend and those that celebrated Valentine's Day had a sweet time. 

We got yet more inches of snow and bitter cold again around here. We snuggled in for the first part of the weekend. We even did church online to stay snuggly (we usually go to Saturday mass). But Sunday the weather was better and we did visit the Boat & Sport Show at our local arena. Being around boats, docks, campers etc - definitely Matt's happy place! 

On Friday we did celebrate Valentine's with a cozy and romantic night at home. We gave each other sweet cards and little gifts. We snuggled in front of the fire, which has been heavenly this freezing season! Matt even played his guitar and sang to me a bit....such a treat when he does that!! Makes me swoon. Lol He has such a good voice but he's shy about it, however he did let me take some video of his playing which I'll share below. Then he made me a WONDERFUL steak dinner! He had gotten some ribeyes from the meat market and twice baked potatoes, and he made an easy veggie side dish. He cooked the steaks perfectly and everything was so delicious! And I took care of dessert when I had ordered some gourmet chocolate covered cherries and truffles. It was a wonderful night and a very cozy weekend. ❤️

Thankfully the weather ahead looks like this may be the last bitter cold week. The extended forecast shows next week in the 30's and maybe even some 40 degree days -that would feel amazing! 













THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:



























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

coffee with almond creamer, a wasa sourdough cracker with a little laughing cow cheese spread and tiny bit of blackberry jam














ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

Ruby's haircut that got rescheduled, out to lunch with some honorary Aunties, take Matt's truck in for oil change, need to finish working on my closet and getting rid of old clothes etc (going to give our bedroom a good Spring clinging soon), errands, dinner with my Mom & step Dad later in the week, hospice work















THINKING ABOUT:  

My horrible Spring fever right now. This cold and snow is getting old now that we're heading closer to March. Those warmer temps ahead will give me life! Lol I know where I live and I always get Spring fever way too early every year. Sigh

But I have lots of home projects I'm working on....as well as some crafting ones too. I'm working to finish our wedding scrapbook. I'm working on my first little crochet project! And a little cross stitch too. I think the older I get the more ADHD I have and I need multiple things to bounce back and forth to work on. 😂
















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

I've got my warm sweater on and listening to pretty Celtic music. The sun is out and looks so bright and pretty, but I know it's deceiving as it's -11* outside right now. I need to finish loading dishes and make a few things for our healthier treats this week.  In my office I have my new walking pad treadmill that I can do right in the sun in front of the bay window. It's small and can fold up out of the way - but works great for me to get my daily walking in (as the big treadmill is down in the media room, where Matt also works everyday)

















CURRENTLY READING

Almost done with my cottage core book and then I may start the Amish book I downloaded a sample of - but I also forgot I had bought a 2nd hand Debbie Macomber book a while back I never read - so I may knock that out first. I also have some Spring and gardening magazines I've been diving into 💚💚💚















ON THE TV TODAY:

When Calls the Heart, All Creatures Great & Small, The Rookie , Miss Scarlet, Shifting Gears, Jeopardy, Ghosts, Shark Tank, The Flip Off (HGTV) still catch up TWD
















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY - blueberry wild rice brats from the meat market, sweet potato fries, veggies




TUESDAY -   BBQ onion crunch chicken, roasted sweet & spicy cauliflower (froze the chicken last week and didn't make this - so doing this week) will share recipes if I like them :) 



WEDNESDAY - elote char broiled chicken burgers (costco) with chipotle mexi salad




THURSDAY - cabbage roll soup (will share recipe if we like it)




FRIDAY - cheese pierogies with fried onions & bacon, salad


*for some healthy treats I'm going to use up the strawberries in our produce drawer by dunking in a thin layer of chocolate bark and add a sprinkle of sea salt and chill. Also making the yummy dates we like with a little peanut butter & chocolate dip too and some sea salt. Tastes kind of like a snickers bar and we love them!

However, I found some peaches from the summer I had frozen the other day and I'm thinking on when and what I may want to make with them soon??

















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

 work on our wedding scrapbook, crochet, cross stitch, read


















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:


















FROM THE CAMERA:

My Brother sent me this the other day saying that he thought he needed a bigger pot. 😁 He had planted some of the sunflower seeds from the wedding favors we had given last Fall. It made me day :) 




Matt in his happy place - dreaming on the Ranger boat with 400 horsepower motor he wants in the future. Or you could call this pic me smiling at my love while he's smiling at his love. 😂

















Our cozy Valentine night in with the snow and cold blowing outside. Matt made me that amazing steak dinner and then we had the adorable gourmet chocolate covered cherries & truffles I had gotten as a gift once from the sweetest girlfriend and I remembered how good they were and got them for us for our dessert. 💘 

But the best part was Matt playing guitar and singing for me in front of the fire - here's a little video of him playing:
















PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace.  

For Christ's Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere and help the world find its way. 🙏🏻

















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


Wishing you a blessed and cozy week ahead Friends!

I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.



11 comments:

  1. Good morning my friend. I love that cozy weekend vibe and sweet Valentines you two spent together - so sweet! But, I sure hear a spring envy in your voice and see a big swing coming on for you as that spring fever grabs a hold of you! I hope it isn't a false sense of spring with next week's temperatures. You know how March can be :D Have a wonderful week my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Valentines celebration looks perfect. The food sounds so good, but Matt playing the guitar is the best!
    It's so cold here too, the wind is blowing and it's snowing. I'm more than ready for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think those temps would keep me inside until spring! I can't imagine how cold that must feel! Your valentine's day (evening) sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew, you've been busy. I always get spring fever. It starts pretty much when fall hits. I used to like fall and winter when I was younger, but now...with age, not so much. Having things grow in your window sills is always fun. My Dad used to start his garden like that, plus he had a grow light in the basement. I don't have a green thumb for anything indoors. I do ok with outdoor landscapes. Staying in and staying warm is indeed the ticket for this time of the year. I've been knitting and crocheting, and listening to audio books. I like to listen vs reading so I can do 2 things at one time. Spotted you on a mutual friends blog and thought I'd pop in for a visit. It's always nice to meet new bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's wonderful to know that you're watching All Creatures Great and Small. Lily and I have started them from the beginning. We'll be watching Series 1, episode 5 this evening. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. All things cozy up there! Enjoyed the guitar playing and that photo out the window from your kitchen sink is so pretty. Spring fever is in the air here as well. Terrific quote for this week. Hope your week is off to a wonderful start and that it warms up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like such a cozy weekend! I enjoyed the video of Matt playing guitar. Sounded fantastic! I know you enjoy those special times with him. Even enjoyed the cameo by Bubba! Haha! Those little Valentine treats look so good! Super cute! Hope ya'll are staying warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a nice valentine weekend :) The goodies you had are so cute, it would be hard for me to eat those, looking so special like that.
    I am with you, so ready for spring to come, these below freezing temps are a bit too much, this morning we had a -4 temp with the wind chill, but like you we are going to warm up!
    Matt plays a nice guitar, perfect with the fire in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a lovely Valentine weekend, those chocolate are too cute. Can't seem to be able to watch the video :( Probably because I'm in Canada... I'm tired of the cold and snow too... but it is time to do the spring-cleaning . Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tried again and got the video working! Next time I want to hear him sing too ;)

    ReplyDelete