Hello dear Friends!
Happy new week to you. ☀️💗
This is my vibe this AM. Laptop tapping and a good caffeine boost. The sun is streaming in and it's going to be an amazingly mild day! Almost 50* - which is kind of unheard of in February for the northwoods. It just reiterates the hope in my heart that Spring is around the corner. Can you believe it's less than a week to March? Oh glorious days as I watch the snow melting away outside...
On these sunnier mild days we go out and soak up the sunbeams and get our vitamin D - even though we know it won't last, and winter will still have a hold in the north a while longer. But the hope it feeds our hearts brings pure joy! ☀️☀️☀️
Did you have a lovely weekend Friends? It was a busy one here and I apologize not getting around to my visits, but that is what I will be doing all afternoon! I need to catch up with my blogging besties and see what you've been up to lately. Also, later this week I will share the super yummy recipes I made last week that I didn't get to share then.
This past weekend I spent extra hospice time and then we spent Saturday up at the lake. We took a road trip there to check on the property and we needed to bring some things up there. Our weekend also included church time and we went to help my Mom and step Dad with some things. And we had dinner with them last night and played games. Overall a full and wonderful weekend. I hope you had the same!
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:
coffee with splash of protein creamer, wasa cracker with a little jam
ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:
usual errands, groceries, projects I've been working on, hospice work
THINKING ABOUT:
How the sun feels so wonderful and gives us life on days like these up here in the north. Dreaming on some garden ideas and some things I'd like to change outside this year. 💚
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
It's sunny and bright and I'm listening to some Joshua Bell violin music. I'm wearing a hockey jersey and yoga kind of pants. I still have valentine's and some winter decorations up. I'm going to take them down this week and start some deeper cleaning. I plan to then start getting out bunnies and Easter decorations and all things Spring!💐💗
I have my bible study book and the bible next to me. I've been loving working on it week by week and diving deeper into the Gospels primarily right now. I can't believe Lent will begin in less than 2 weeks! More signs of Spring ahead.
CURRENTLY READING
I've been mainly looking at gardening magazines, but I think I will be diving into my Debbie Macomber book next.
ON THE TV TODAY:
When Calls the Heart, All Creatures Great & Small, The Rookie , Shifting Gears, Jeopardy, Ghosts, Shark Tank, The Flip Off & Christina on the Coast (HGTV shows), Survivor starts this week! still catch up TWD too
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY - salsa lime chicken on chipotle ranch salad
TUESDAY - pierogies w/ grilled onions we didn't have last week, veggie side dish
WEDNESDAY - soup dumplings with Asian cucumbers
THURSDAY - spicy spaghetti sauce I froze earlier in the winter with healthy noodles, salad
FRIDAY - maybe out for dinner?
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
work on our wedding scrapbook, crochet, cross stitch, read
TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
FROM THE CAMERA:
The snow was still deep enough up at the lake that we didn't want to risk getting stuck - so we hiked the stuff we brought up to the cabin. It was a lovely mild day and the hike felt great!
It was fun to see the cabin in a different season.
And of course we had to go down and check out the frozen lake.
It was cool to see the ridges from the ice and the winds.
Then we went to the little Thai restaurant in town and I had chicken pad thai that was amazing! 😋
PRAYER LIST:
For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence. For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. For a Friend of mine needing extra prayers.
For Christ's Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere and help the world find its way. 🙏🏻




