Thursday, July 17, 2025

Cooking Thursday: Comforting Tomato Soup



Hello dear Friends! 

The sun is shining and it's a beautiful day in the northwoods. ☀️😊

We had a couple of days of cozy rain, but I needed the energy boost of the sun today...so I was out soaking it up a bit. I was doing a few things in the yard and checking on my flowers. All of my orange lilies have been up, but around the deck I have several other colors and no orange ones.

 The deck ones finally started blooming and this color came out first:


I harvested a few strawberries for a little snack. And I think I'm going to pick my first cucumber of the season! It's a white cucumber and we've never had that variety before. It will be fun to try something new. :) 

Matt checked on the robin babies and they're starting to get a few fuzzy feathers now. Still so new but it's fun watching their progression. 




And I think tonight we may go hit a few golf balls after running some errands. Yay for summer still in full "swing"! (see what I did there? 😉)

-------------------------------------------------------------------


And now on to the real reason I'm popping on to say hi. To share this yummy comforting tomato soup recipe that I made the other day for my dear Annie. She had such a long crazy trip home from her study abroad and I wanted to make something special for her. 

We both love tomato soup (it's her favorite) and so I wanted to make this for her first day home. I want to try to make a few different kinds of homemade tomato soup over time. This was my first one and I used san marzano tomatoes as the recipe suggested. I couldn't find crushed so I used whole ones and broke them up a bit myself. And the whole soup got blended up with my immersion blender anyways. It was definitely nice to do it all in one pot. 

I found this recipe at natashaskitchen.com

But I think for the next one I make, I'd like to use fresh tomatoes and roast them first with lots of good things. So stay tuned for future attempts! 

This batch turned out great and was rich, flavorful, and comforting. Here are some pics during the process and the recipe. We had it with some mini grilled cheeses I made using up a baguette of french bread.




















RECIPE:









Enjoy! 

xoxo






 

8 comments:

  1. The tomato soup looks tasty. We'll try it. Thanx for the recipe.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soup looks amazing! I am looking forward to enjoying soups again, when the weather turns cooler, and I will definitely be trying out this recipe. Thanks, Carrie. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules! I love soup season and it's right around the corner. I hope you'll enjoy it. I have more new soups I want to try too, so stay tuned in the months ahead. xo

      Delete
  3. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was hoping you would post that recipe! It looks delicious, and those sandwiches??? I could jump right into this laptop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo! You made me giggle when you said you wanted to jump through the laptop. 😂 I've felt the same way with many of your photos too!! Blessings. xo

      Delete
  4. The flowers are so pretty and Ithose little birdies are adorable, neat to se them get their feathers! The soup does sound good, I have never made it from scratch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie! It was really fun making the soup from scratch. :0) I hope to experiment with other kinds in the future so stay tuned! xoxo

      Delete