Monday, September 22, 2025

Happy Homemaker Monday



Hello Dear Friends. 

Happy new week to you and happy Autumn Solstice. It is now officially Fall. Yay! ๐Ÿ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›

How are you doing? Did you have a nice weekend? 

Ours was not quite as we'd planned. I had a flare up of diverticulitis last week and into this past weekend...which was a bit painful and well, just not fun. We were to go to the cottage to spend time with Matt's folks, but we stayed home. I did a liquid diet a bit of last week and have been slowly incorporating gentle food now. I'm doing much better thankfully. It's something I've had in the past on a minor level - but it's now a condition that I need to give focus. I will be making some changes, which are actually healthier for me anyways. On a sort of positive note with all of this - I have been losing more weight and it's making it much easier to go in the right direction there. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Ok, enough complaining about my old lady health stuff. Lol So, needless to say, it was a very mellow weekend and we hung at home. It made it easier to watch my daughter's hockey tourney online - so that was fun! Matt and I were cheering away. I would have recaps with her after and tell her how great she played. And my son and Jill were in town and came to spend a day with us over here and that was so great! We watched football, got pizza, visited and played cards. They watched some of Annie's game with us too! I did my church/devotional time online from home. But I feel better to venture out this week, thank goodness. 

Charlie Kirk's memorial service was this weekend. Such a sad and senseless tragedy. ๐Ÿ˜ข What happened to Charlie sparked a conversation with someone in my life who struggled so much with his faith. And he now seems to be opening up his heart to the Lord and open to that conversation. Hallelujah!  It sure makes something so awful feel like it has some meaning. I think that is a wonderful legacy Charlie Kirk would have wanted....to get all sides talking about God in loving ways.  Because I believe Jesus, mercy, kindness, and compassion are always the answer.
In my daily prayers I pray for help from heaven to help this country. I pray for hearts to soften, that we all listen to one another, and for healing and peace.  ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’—






 

 
 







THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:




















ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

small bit of coffee, toast with some trader joe pumpkin butter. 
















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

groceries, running errands with my Mom, work on Fall and some deep clean around the house, go to gf's daughter's game, projects, hospice work















THINKING ABOUT: 

How I've been slacking getting out my Fall things around the house. I need to work on that this week! 

















THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY:

Loving on my kiddos and hearing them say "love you so much Mom" 
๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—

















CURRENTLY READING

Currently some extra devotionals and Fall magazines













ON THE TV TODAY:

 Americas Got Talent, Jeopardy, The Office, Football, Big Brother, Great British Baking Show, The Morning Show (on Apple tv), Dancing with the Stars, Survivor starts this week
















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY -  leftovers



TUESDAY -  soup, dinner rolls, fruit



WEDNESDAY -  not sure - need to run & get groceries and make a plan for the rest of the week



THURSDAY - 



FRIDAY - 



















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

craft, read, go watch gf's daughter's game

















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:





I thought this was so cute, and so I thought I'd share with you. This fuzzy caterpillar set off our front doorbell camera. I guess he just wanted to say hello? He was pretty fuzzy - so maybe he was trying to let us know it's going to be cold winter. ๐Ÿ™ˆ I hope not!














FROM THE CAMERA:




More leaf changing moments with each passing day around here.




We recently purchased a new dining room set. There was a labor day sale where we were able to get a handmade Amish set for almost 1/2 off! Our last set wasn't that old and was very pretty - but I had bought it cheaply after my divorce and it wasn't holding up well. We really wanted a very well made set that will stand the test of time...as this is where everyone gathers when we host. We did keep the cream chairs from our last set because they were in good shape. We have 2 of the Amish chairs extra in storage. We are loving it! It's made with such lovely craftsmanship and the chairs are about 100 lbs each! Lol  Well, you know what I mean. Very sturdy.








Some 1st anniversary gifts as it is the paper anniversary. I love quilling and think it's such a beautiful art form. And we had sunflowers in our wedding. I couldn't resist getting Matt this joke embroidered toilet paper roll in a little case. ๐Ÿ˜‚






These 2 keep me hopping every day! And they are so loving when I don't feel well. ๐Ÿ˜








More of Mr & Mrs. C's granddaughter - sweet Thea. I was supposed to go to lunch with Mrs. C and Thea last week. But I couldn't eat with my situation. So they came over to my house and spent the afternoon and we went for a little walk. It was wonderful!









PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. 

For Christ's Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere and help the world find its way to loving our neighbors as ourselves. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป














PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:



Happy Fall Y'all and yay for days that will look like this now that's it's officially the Autumn Solstice. 

Have a blessed week dear Friends and all my love to you. 
xoxo

I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.





13 comments:

  1. Thea is just adorable and that smile melts my heart!
    I'm sorry about the diverticulitis. I deal with it too and it's not fun. I guess the weight loss is the only good thing about it. :) Glad you're doing better.
    I love your new table!!!
    We watched the memorial yesterday and thought it was very moving. Glad to see some of the good that God is working through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy and Blessed Fall, my fellow cozy-loving friend! Sorry about the flare-up. Sounds as if you made the very best of it. Loving Big Brother this season. Many people aren't, and we have a favorite, but I won't mention it in case you aren't caught up! That sweet little baby is precious as can be! I watched the memorial yesterday and was so very moved. His wife is amazing. Hugs to you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo! Matt and I have been loving Big Bro too. I loved Rachel at the start - just being an old school big bro fan and she's an OG - I know she's kind of annoying too. Lol We are only one behind currently. Matt has liked Keanu just because of respect I think because he's won things when he needed to (however his luck finally ran out). But I have liked Ava because she reminds me so much of my daughter's bestie growing up. Very quirky and sassy like her friend that practically lived over here during their young years. I liked Will too because of his funny dad energy. I think Morgan is a biggest threat to win though. Matt & I are watching a side big bro too. Matt has only watched the show the past couple sesons because I've introduced him to it and now he loves it. So we're watching season 10 right now as well because that was my favorite as my favorite player of all time is Dan. Season 10 and 14 are epic in my opinion - so Matt has to watch them. Lol (I have a big bro problem if you can't tell) ๐Ÿ˜‰ Blessings xo

      Delete
  3. Oh Carrie. bless your heart. I used to have two or three flair ups every year of diverticulitis.. I eventually had to have a colon resection which took care of this. This can be so painful. prayers for you dear friend. we did watch the memorial yesterday and Oh how I give God the praise for the moving of the Holy Spirit. take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Fall, Carrie! I have dealt with diverticulitis and it is miserable and awful. I have flares occasionally and it really is an exhausting process. I hope you feel fully recovered soon. I am just slowly tinkering with the fall stuff. I am not feeling it 100 percent this year. I think its because I am totally empty nesting pretty much and its just so different. But I am adding things and it is feeling cozy and welcoming for when they come home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy fall my friend.
    rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear you were struggling this past weekend. I have heard that is very painful! Hope you are feeling much better by now. I love the new dining room set! It's beautiful! Yay for new furniture! Cracking up at the toilet paper gag gift! That's pretty funny! I'll bet spending time with sweet little Thea lifted your spirits so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet post, dear Carrie. Love the little fluffy caterpillar, and incredible how those cameras work. Ours has filmed cats, possums, and a baby kangaroo. Little baby Thea, what a dear little cutie :) You can't beat good solid wood furniture, and an Amish setting is so brilliant. We are taking our solid wood tables with us to our new house, they are irreplaceable. Living Down Under, I had not heard of Charlie Kirk, so have been a bit mystified by the event. Thank you for explaining it a little more, and how sad such things can happen in our world. Re the diverticular, I too have long suffered from this complaint. Things turned around for me when I started having an apple for breakfast: Every. Single. Day. about ten years ago. Works for me, and no infections for many years. Have a beautiful week my friend. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! hope you are feeling better and will stay that way. Cute little girl. I LOVE your Amish dining room set, wow! that is a wonderful buy. Enjoy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear you are not doing well, good to hear that it is getting a little better. Hope you will be able to figure out triggers and get it under control so you don't have to deal with it this bad again.
    I am in the middle of putting away all my summer things so that I can clean everything and start my Autumn decorating, the weather is finally starting to cool down, things have just been so busy i am behind on housework and my emails and blogs.
    I just love the beautiful frame with the quilled sunflower, I haven't done any of that in a couple years probably. Have a great rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe I forgot to hit publish!!! Been one of those weeks so far.

    Happy Anniversary. I can't believe it's been a year already! I love that sunflower and really had to giggle at the toilet paper joke gift. I'm sorry you're not feeling well, but glad you had a quiet weekend to take care of yourself. Hope you're feeling better now.

    Have a GREAT rest of the week. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. May you get well soon! I love the name Thea! She is a sweetie. Happy anniversary! That year went fast. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Playing catch up and just want to say I hope you are feeling much, much better this weekend and getting to get out and about doing fun things.

    ReplyDelete