Wednesday, September 24, 2025

Wednesday Wonder: Autumn Decorating Has Begun

 


Hello my dear sweet Friends!

First of all, I want to thank you so much for all of your kind words on my last post. I'm, thankfully, feeling much better. I was amazed with how many of you have also had to deal with this. Your support and great tips went right to my heart. ๐Ÿ’— Moments like these makes me so grateful for my health and that I never want to take it for granted. 


Hope you're having a lovely day so far. It is a beautiful day in the northwoods! 70's and sunny. I guess Summer isn't leaving without a fight, and I'm kind of loving it. On Matt's work break we sat out in the sunshine on the deck and it felt heavenly. 

 Yet, my Fall loving soul is thrilled that we are officially into Autumn!! So I have finally been taking down summer things and cleaning and hauled out my Fall things. ๐Ÿ๐Ÿงก  I will share more over the next few weeks but here are some Autumn moments for you right now.


Dining room decorations. Including our built-in hutch and all of its fun cubbies. My favorite decoration is the Lenox china tree that I have had for MANY years. It's fragile and I pack it away carefully each year. I love all of the darling ornaments that go on the branches:






Here are a few more old favorites around the house:












And there are few new things including this lovely Autumn figurine with her pumpkin and these pretty gold leaves on stands.  I had loved the reading figurine that was on the piano for Summer so much... that I picked up the Autumn version too. And also new are these quirky cute wood mushrooms:












And of course there lots of cozy places to curl up with Fall blankets and pillows. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿงก











And I've noticed I have a bit of an owl theme to some of my decorating. I do love them! They remind me of a cat, but with wings. Lol










We are in the process of selling our old dining room set and put the chairs out in the garage. But in the meantime, I had Matt put the table in front of the window here and I've been spreading out my scrapbooking project. Love the extra big space to work on and that I can leave the project out and come back to it when it suits me. 



Every year I like to make sure many of my decorations light up, and I set them on timers. We are coming on the time of year that gets dark out earlier so I love having items with lights in them and just pop on in the evenings.  I think it just adds to the cozy. 

Do you decorate for Fall? Do you have many things out yet? 

Wishing you happy cozy days ahead! 

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're feeling better!
    Your Fall decorations are beautiful. I love, love, love that tree. I've never seen anything like it before.
    I decorated my porch today - mums, gourds and pumpkins. I plan to do some of the inside of the house tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie,
    It all looks so wonderful and cozy! I LOVE and I MEAN LOVE that tree!!!!!! I want one!!! LOL!! What a precious fall decor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treat to see your Fall decor, dear Carrie. I am loving the adorable little foxes, and loved the mushrooms on sight! Your tree is gorgeous, so special. More table space is always good. We had to part with one table, and I think another will go. Our new house is about half the size of the one. However, I will have a small table along with my sewing table and hope to paint and journal there. Happy Autumn sunshine to you. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Carrie...what I see in this post is cuteness at it's best. So many adorable Fall decorations that really make your home so welcoming. Thank you for the inspiration that I've been needing to get ahold of. Guess I better start decorating...my family will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your items are putting a lovely Autumn touch on your home, I love your tree with all the hanging goodies, pretty pillows and neat owls ;)
    I have brought my bin in to put away my summer things but that is as far as I have gotten.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your fall decorating, Carrie! All your little treasures are so sweet, and everything looks so cozy and warm. Your Lennox tree is really special and love all the cubbies in your hutch! I can only dream of having so much room. Your mantel is so nice and love all the owls, foxes, mushrooms and fall angels with the cozy pillows and throws. It's nice to have your table for working on your scrapbooking in front of that wonderful big window. You have so many nice, big windows, which is something we Northerners need for the coming dark months. Such a good idea to have all the little lights, too. I'm glad that you are feeling better and taking good care of yourself. Sometimes in the rush of summer activities we forget to do that! There are too many temptations, that's for sure. Thank you for your sweet visits and comments - you always brighten my day, dear friend. Sending hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Lennox tree is very pretty! You and I have the same log cabin cookie jar by McCoy. Beautiful all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always love seeing your fall decor, so cozy and beautiful. Hoping to get my fall/Halloween stuff out this weekend even if next week is going to be in the high 80's, LOL.

    ReplyDelete