Hello dear Friends!
Happy Friday to you. We've been surviving up here - although we had another false Spring and it's so frustrating. All the snow was melted off the deck again, even in the yard, and you could see patches of grass. Then overnight...boom...almost a foot of snow again. ::sigh:: I can't wait until Spring shows up for real!
I'm also slowly getting over this cold stuff. I have more energy and I'm a bit less congested but it's still hanging on a little.
But in happy news my Annie is almost home for Spring break - yay!! True ray of sunshine as far as I'm concerned.
So today I thought I'd think warm fun thoughts and share this salad I made recently. I think would be a perfect Spring or Summer Chicken Salad. It was so colorful and flavorful and truly tasted like a bit of summer.
this was after the driveway was plowed this morning :(
This recipe is for a chicken salad that is filled with crunchy veggies and Mexican flavors. Add a creamy flavorful dressing and top with a sprinkle of tajin and it was delish! I found the recipe on social media by a gal named Macy Blackwell and she called it Elote Chicken Salad.
Cut up your crunchy veggies and put in a big bowl. The recipe called for fire roasted corn but I couldn't find any. So I drained a can of sweet corn and toasted it in a skillet with a little bit of oil. Then add in your corn, chopped up chicken and toss it all together. If you can't find cotija cheese just use sprinkle parmesan from the green canister - that works perfectly too.
enjoy!! 😋







Yum! What a fun twist on chicken salad.
ReplyDeleteWe have that cold virus on this side of the lake too and it wants to hang on.
Hooray for Annie coming home for break. I know that makes you so happy.
We're having false Spring too. We've had absolutely crazy weather this week - thunderstorms, huge hail, today it's crazy wind (Just saw someones trampoline caught in the telephone wires!), and this weekend more snow. That's why we're heading for Florida for a short break. See you soon!
Yummm! I am sharing this with Steve! He is obsessed with chicken salad lately! I hope you kick that cold to the curb, and feel better soon. We had a false alarm for spring too! Now it is cold and windy. But, at least I get a few more days with the fireplace! Have a cozy weekend, my dear friend.
ReplyDeleteYour salad looks yummy. We are due for another cold spell the first of this week and then I am hoping it is over. Always eager for spring. It is so cheerful to see the daffodils and hyacinths bloom. Have a blessed week!
ReplyDeleteCarrie, I am glad you are feeling a little better. Mine has lingered now for 3 weeks. I feel better but still not 100. This salad looks wonderful. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great, healthy dish! Oh, I can't imagine not having a break from the snow. I hope you get real spring soon!!
ReplyDeleteOoh, that salad looks so fresh and delicious. I think it would be amazing in a wrap. Xx
ReplyDeleteCarrie, you always share the best recipes! This one looks so yummy! I hope y'all can dig out of the snow very soon. And to have a cold on top of that...uggg. We had a random cold front hit last night and now we're down to 45 this morning. The weather can't make up its mind this year! I hope you get to feeling better soon and have a wonderful week. When spring does finally get there, it will be beautiful :)
ReplyDeleteGood to hear you are feeling a bit better, hope this is your last snowfall, it is amazing how many got so much snow this late in the season. Hope you enjoy your time with your daughter!
ReplyDelete