Tuesday, March 3, 2026

Happy Homemaker Monday



Hello lovely Friends!

I've missed being here and have tried to check in a little while gone...and even pre-published the recipe post last week so something would post while I was gone -  as we only got back last night from a quick little trip to AZ. 

We love our annual trip to AZ to visit all of our folks (Matt's parents and my Dad and step Mom). It was pretty quick this time, but we stuffed it full of wonderful family time and lots of sunshine and relaxation too. Of course I'll probably share too many pics you will find below and I will also share there all we got up to while we were away. We love it in AZ so much (I don't feel my arthritis at all when I'm there because of the low humidity). So the plan is to be snowbirds one day and live there part of the year. We are already looking and dreaming at some condos we could potentially make a rental or air b&b and then it would be there for us when we need too. I will be 55 late this year - so we could start qualifying for places in 55+ communities. 

So, today,  I've been playing lots of catch up on life but I still wanted to get my HHM time with you wonderful peeps too. It was nice to come home to warmer temps for the northwoods in the forecast and to see the snow is starting to melt again. Yay for Spring around the corner! πŸ’—
 









THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:















ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

a little piece of toast with natural peanut butter & some berries, coffee











ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

checking in with my Mom, appts to make, need to pick out new light fixtures I want to put in and call electrician, book with painters for some projects too (can tell I'm getting into Spring clean & projects mode), groceries & errands, hospice work














THINKING ABOUT: 

Ordering my honeybaked ham for Easter - I like to schedule the delivery and make sure there is plenty of time for it to get it here. Also, I need to get out my Easter and Spring decorations now that I'm back from the trip (I truly am dreaming on all things Spring!)
πŸŒΈπŸ’š☀️














THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY:

the sound of the dripping water from the gutters as the snow melts and that the sun actually feels warm up north here now ☀️
















CURRENTLY READING

I finished the 2nd book in the Comfort Food Cafe book from the series by Debbie Johnson on our trip. I may start the 3rd book or I may dive into something else - not sure yet.














ON THE TV TODAY:

  Jeopardy, old seasons of big brother & the office, the Pitt, Best Medicine, When Calls the Heart, Survivor, Ghosts, I may start the Victoria series or I also want to watch the 2020 version of Emma I never watched













ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY - 



TUESDAY - Matt caught a cold on the trip so I may thaw chicken soup I made and froze this winter and probably do sandwiches too


WEDNESDAY -  




THURSDAY - 



FRIDAY - out for fish dinner

*I'm not sure what we're doing the rest of the week yet but need to work on a grocery list - I think we may do sweet potato taco bowls, french onion soup & salad night, and slow cooker beef curry in the future. 















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

work on travel scrapbook, home projects, read
















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:


😊😊😊















FROM THE CAMERA:


The day we left for the trip we were at our local airport and ran into my Aunt & Uncle headed to Hawaii! Lol 



It was so wonderful to get to AZ and be in one of our favorite places with lovely 80-90* weather (if you look at thermometer look under the 80 for the red mark). I love to have my morning coffee on my Dad & step Mom's back patio with the birds chirping away. Matt stays with his folks and I stay with mine. But we do some things just with his parents and some with mine and we usually get all together one of the days. 









My step Mom, Mary, always has such cute decorations around their condo. I had a flowering plant delivered to thank them for letting me stay the week and I had painted the card that is next to the basket. We always treat them for a meal too. And I just love snuggling and walking their sweet little pup Dusty doodle. 








One of the nights we went out with my Dad and Mary we played some mini golf too. My Papa (at almost 81 yrs young) is still reigning champ. 





Then one of the days we did something fun and crazy! We caught a day flight to Las Vegas. No luggage or anything...to take Matt's Mom, Sue, to the Sphere. They have the Wizard of Oz playing there and it's one of her absolute favorites. We flew in during the morning. Got there about brunch time and went to the Linq hotel and casino to gobble the most awesome brunch at Hash House a Go Go. We threw some money in some slots too, but sadly didn't win. 













And we had tickets for the afternoon show at the Sphere. This place is insane! It's so big and they formatted the original movie to fit on the huge screen. They condensed it so it was only a little over an hour. And they added all kinds of effects in the theater. We had to take 3 of the biggest escalators I've ever scene just to get to where our seats were. And they were only about half way!! The stairs were pretty steep in the theater. If you have a big problem with heights it might not be the place for you. Lol The movie was such an experience because the seats rumbled during certain scenes. In the cyclone scene winds whip in the theater and debris and silk leaves fly around. Another time giant butterflies fly around the theater. Apples (foam keepsakes) fell on us when the trees throw apples. We caught 3. :)You get the idea. It truly was more of an experience than a movie! It was awesome!!  I share some videos you can check out below.















Another night Matt and I caught the show at the retirement park community center where his folks live. His Mom is in a choir that put on a show with songs from old tv series (it was fun to guess and try and remember) - and they did commercial breaks with folks dressed up to sing the old jingles. Matt's Mom was an Oscar Mayer hot dog. Lol It was really cute and funny. 





Sunday Matt's folks put up tables on their lanai/patio and had me & my folks, and Matt's Aunt and Uncle over and they fed us all a great lunch! 





But earlier Sunday I got dressed up to go to Lenten mass at my Dad and step Mom's church where they are both very active. It was a lovely service and pretty church. 








We sure had some glorious sunsets there! And the last pic is of the moon when we were still flying last night. It was so beautiful too. 












Some videos from the wizard of oz show. In the first one it's so fun to see Sue's pure joy at the experience. πŸ’—













PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear, especially everything going on in the middle east right now. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. For my step Mom's friend that just had a bad fall and is mending from a broken leg now. πŸ™πŸ»

For the Lord's love and peace to fill 2026. ❤️ 

For Christ's Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere and help the world find its way to loving our neighbors as ourselves. πŸ™πŸ»












PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:



It's always amazing to get away awhile. But of course, there's no place like home and it's great to be back with our furry babies. 

Wishing you a blessed week ahead. I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.





9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful time away! Your MIL makes a cute hot dog. :) It's so nice that you can see them and your Dad and step mom too.
    We're going to Florida in a little over a week and I'm hoping my arthritis enjoys the change in weather too.
    I've been enjoying Best Medicine too and I think this Survivor is going to be a really good one.
    I hope your warmer temps make it to us tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice y'all got away to a warmer climate! That is exciting to think about a place to go for part of the year. The sphere does seem like a cool place. Those sunsets are incredible. Hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved all the pictures of the trip!!!! I love to travel! What a neat experience with the Wizard of Oz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I hope you have a lovely week. Oh, you looked so beautiful on Sunday in your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great time with all your 'rents' (what my daughter in law calls 'the parents'). So nice to enjoy the warm weather and beautiful sunsets there. You look so pretty in your sunflower dress, and I can't believe you are going to be 55!!! Love the cute Easter decorations at your Dad and step-Mom's and the little doggy. That was an amazing trip you took with Matt's Mom, and so very nice of you. The Sphere is fabulous and it looks like you experienced the movie like you are part of it! Funny how you ran into your aunt and uncle at the airport, too.
    Glad that your home temps are warming up and the snow is melting. Spring always seems to come just when you need it! Sending hugs x K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it sounds like you kept quite busy but a lot of fun and memory making to be had. I imagine both sets of parents love to have you guys come down and visit too!
    I am watching the Pitt right now, another good season :)
    Glad you are starting to see signs of spring, we have had rain since sunday and it is supposed to last through Friday so we seem to be getting Aprils showers a bit early.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a fun filled, festive, and happy time!!! I am so happy you got some wonderful time with your loved ones and also a day trip to Vegas! That sounds fun! I know you are also happy to be Home Sweet Home preparing for spring. Beautiful photos of you, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a very fun get-away you all had. I've always heard that your body feels completely different out in Arizona. the weather (humidity is what we have) really effects how we feel. This trip was loaded with so many fun things and the icing on the cake was seeing family.. It's always good to be home though. I sure hope Matt's cold leaves him quickly...that chicken soup will do the trick..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've enjoyed seeing your AZ photographs on Instagram. It has been so lovely ro see some sunshine, and The Sphere looks incredible! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! great plans for future years. That Wizard of Oz show sounds awesome... wish we didn't have to wait 3 more years before going back to USA but it is what it is, our way of protesting against all that is imposed to us. Our friendship with the USA will have to be rebuilt :(

    ReplyDelete