Monday, March 9, 2026

Happy Homemaker Monday


Hello Beautiful Peeps!

How's life?

It's feeling pretty stuffy over here. Matt caught a cold the end of our AZ trip - and I now have it. So life here is filled with hot tea, cold meds, chicken soup, lots of soft tissues and warm cozy blankets. Oh well, sometimes it's good to be forced to slow down, right?

So needless to say, we had a very quiet weekend and hung out at home. We did run a few quick errands (I was feeling better then). And Matt did some great chores around the house taking down the Christmas lights and outside decorations and cleaning things up in general. I did take down my inside greenery, Valentines things, snowmen etc. But saving the deeper cleaning and getting out the bunnies and Easter things for when I have more pep. 

Matt has also been doting on me, giving me backrubs, and just being wonderful in general and I'm so very grateful for having the sweetest Hubby in the whole world. 💗
 









THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:















ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

just coffee - didn't feel hungry











ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

probably laying low the first part of the week but later in the week running errands, getting groceries as my Girl will be home on Spring break by the weekend (yay!!), get Spring decorations out, hospice work














THINKING ABOUT: 

dreaming about warm sun and the season of no cold bugs...also dreaming about visiting greenhouses and picking out flowers and veggies and herbs to plant - I can't wait 🌸☀️














THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY:

my Hubby's big warm hug and cuddles 















CURRENTLY READING

Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier 

I had started it years ago but got detoured and never got very far. I've seen the old movie of it many years ago. But I want to read it fully and then watch the old movie again and the newer movie they made on Netflix once I'm done. 














ON THE TV TODAY:

  Jeopardy, old seasons of big brother & the office, the Pitt, Best Medicine, When Calls the Heart, Survivor, Ghosts, Outlander, and currently bingeing the series Victoria while I'm sick













ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY - sweet potato taco bowls we never made last week - we add taco meat, roasted sweet potato, cottage cheese, avocado and drizzle hot honey - so good! (I may just have soup or at least have soup for lunch)



TUESDAY - Mexican inspired chicken salad on a bed of a chipotle salad kit (we're on a Mexican kick if you can't tell 😂)




WEDNESDAY -  ?
not sure rest of the week and will need to get groceries and make a plan




THURSDAY - ?




FRIDAY - fish dinner














TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

rest, binge shows, read, nap















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:

















FROM THE CAMERA:

Late last week we had an ice storm and the next day on my way to work at the hospice house the world was filled with frosty beauty 





We have had some warmer moments and more melting snow. And gorgeous sunsets. I felt like baking one day and made a small batch of pie crust and made little lemon hand pies with lemon glaze. Cozy baking with a Spring flavors. 😉




Meanwhile...while we're dealing with ice storms, my adorable daughter (going to college in FL) was sending me pics of her sunny beach time with friends and her bf. 





Here are some photos from last Spring/Summer to give you an idea of the kind of dreaming I'm doing - green growing things, peonies blooming, solar lanterns glowing magic, and walks in the warm sunshine. 
 I know I just need to be patient and it will come. 
















PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear, especially everything going on in the middle east right now. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace.  🙏🏻

For the Lord's love and peace to fill 2026. ❤️ 

For Christ's Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere and help the world find its way to loving our neighbors as ourselves. 🙏🏻












PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Have a wonderful week and stay healthy dear Friends!
I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are sick! But what a blessing to have Matt. :)
    I'm not a fan of ice storms but it sure gave you some beauty.
    I love your solar light reflection. I need to get a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boo on the sickness. As someone still trying to find energy from two weeks of a nasty cold and sinus infection I am sending you hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Carrie,
    I'm so sorry to read that you're not feeling good, but I wish you to recover very soon. I'm so amazed at reading and watching that in your corner of the world winter is still dominating the weather, with cold and snow, but, after all, it's still winter, isn't it?!? Here in Northern Italy we are a little confused, since one day is already spring, the next we come back to winter... it's not good for our health, alas!
    Praying with you for peace in the world,
    I wish you a blessed week.
    Keep safe and warm, my Friend
    XO Daniela @ ~ My little old world ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you both have been sick, that is a bummer. Hope you feel better by the time your daughter makes it back home.
    We are seeing more signs of spring the trees are starting to flower, and getting buds on them, so excited for everything to be green again. Since we have been getting a weeks worth of rain our grass is even starting to green up :) Which means the yard work will soon start. I just finished getting my spring decorations up today.
    Rest up, hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! Sorry to hear that you guys aren't feeling well! It's good that you are trying to rest and take it slow. So nice that you get to see your sweet girl next week to lift your spirits. I can see that you have a bad case of spring fever. This time of year seems to drag on and on while we dream of flowers and sunshine. The photos of the frosty trees are beautiful, though.
    When I was in Hawaii, my daughter's made that same sweet potato/ taco bowl for dinner! It was so delicious!
    'Rebecca' is a great read. The PBS movie version is excellent. I loved the 'Victoria' series. I need to watch it again.
    Hope you have a lovely visit with your daughter and that you feel better soon, dear Carrie. Hugs x K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending you both healing vibes. Have not read that book, will add it to my list. Today is supposed to be an icestorm here too... for now just winds, we'll see what the day brings. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww my friend, I'm sorry you guys have this crud now, it's the worst. We are finally over it, but goodness it wiped us out. Praying for you and Matt. Love your ice pictures and the ones from your getaway as well.

    I love that you're reading Daphne Du Maurier. I haven't yet read Rebecca but it's one I've got on my list, let me know what you think.

    Have a blessed week my friend and get better soon.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carrie, so sorry to read you have been unwell, and I hope you are much better now. The frosty photos are beautiful, but not good to go out there right now! The lemon pies sound perfect for Vitamin C for your cold. It sure looks warm in Florida, though. The US has many climates at the same time, just like Australia. We are still in the longest heat wave ever, oh dear. Lot of plants have died and I am longing for Autumn to get a big more garden action. Blessings from Oz. xoxox

    ReplyDelete