Hey my Peeps!
Today I thought I'd share these recipes I mentioned in my previous post. First I'll begin with these apple pie bars that I made for my Dad's birthday celebration. He is like me and LOVES any apple dessert. I found this one at the website sallysbakingaddiction.com and she is often a go-to for me if I'm looking for baking recipes. She always makes the best stuff!
This one had several lovely layers. Starting with a shortbread crust, then an apple filling layer, followed by a streusel layer and then topped with salted caramel before serving. How could that be bad in any way?? Lol
It was, in fact, delicious and everyone loved it.

Here is the recipe:
And next is the recipe for the peach overnight oats. I follow Morgan Peterson on social media (under morganpete on instagram) and she always has the best overnight oats recipes. I have made some of her meal dishes too - including the lasagna soup I shared last year.
I thought these oats were great and I think I may make an apple version for Fall soon. I sauteed the peaches and then put them on the oats I had made and let them set up overnight. Then topped them with some granola and cinnamon the next morning. I sometimes use vanilla protein powder, as she does. And sometimes I don't. I think the key is finding what consistency you like to the oats. Add more liquid or less liquid. Add more creamy yogurt. Through a little trial and error you find your perfect texture you like. But these were definitely tasty!
peaches being sauteed in a tiny bit of butter and maple syrup...then adding cinnamon and nutmeg- mmmmm
topping the oats I made with them
then put on the lid and just throw in the fridge overnight and a yummy, high protein, higher fiber relatively healthy breakfast is waiting 😋
Here is her recipe:
And speaking of tasty things - I have honey garlic chicken thighs currently in the slow cooker making my kitchen smell amazing! I will share that recipe in the future if it's a good one. I'm trying to challenge myself to do a different meal I haven't made before about once a week. Trying to find things I think we would both like and that will be fairly healthy too. Tonight it will be these boneless, skinless asian chicken thighs over jasmine rice with some sauteed broccoli and green beans from our garden.
What have you got cooking? And have you ever tried overnight oats?
I'm saving these. I know Bob would be all about those bars.
ReplyDeleteI like overnight oats and I bet they are so good with peaches.