Monday, June 3, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday



Happiest of Mondays to you dear Friends! 

I'm a little late today because Annie was in a small play/skit at school for her English class and I went to watch and then ran a few errands.

I hope you had a wonderfully blessed weekend and welcomed June in a fun way. We had a good one here. Annie had a friend sleep over on saturday and she came to church with us and she's a sushi fan so we took her to our favorite sushi place after. 😋  And yesterday Adam brought the pontoon boat over from storage. The battery is still charging...but later this week he's going to get the dock and boat in the water. Yay!! We haven't had it out in 2 years due to how life was going here. And he hung out and I grilled out and we had family dinner. Then after we played family pickle ball in the driveway. I love that by God's grace we have a great relationship and the kids get to still have both parents as loving and positive in their lives. 

I also took some time to lay in the sun and read and be lazy. I did a bit more planting and just have a few more flowers to pick up to get the last pots done. Fairy pots coming up so stay tuned! 😉 🧚‍♀️ 




















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
































ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING

I ran and had a breakfast sandwich from Caribou coffee after Annie's play and an iced chai latte





















RIGHT NOW I AM:

Working on my planner I didn't get to this AM and listening to praise and worship streaming on my alexa





















AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW



It was gray and rainy this AM - but the sun has come out and it's so nice to look out the window and see leaves fully in on the trees and hanging baskets of flowers out and just a summer vibe in general 🌞 


















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

Bright and clean for the most part. I need to throw in some more laundry. My son was gone on a camping trip for his senior project and he needs to put away his sleeping bag I've washed - as well as a few other things he left out. The sun is beaming in and it feels cheerful and peaceful















ON THIS WEEK'S TO DO LIST:

A lot of the usual: Annie's sports practices (hockey and golf), Kids finish school, errands, bring FIL meal, help my Mom, volunteer time, finish scrapbook gift, pick up last flowers and plant, maybe out for lunch with friend




 














CURRENTLY READING

catching up on a few more fun magazines I haven't finished
















ON THE TV TODAY:

The Spanish Princess, Bachelorette, Little People Big World, America's Got Talent, cooking shows, some movies taped






 













ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY:  leftovers from weekend (I grilled burgers, fresh corn on the cob, broccoli pasta salad, watermelon, chips and taco dip)


TUESDAY: chickie chip on toast, veggies & dip


WEDNESDAY: honey lime tilapia with bok choy and jasmine rice (BA meal)


THURSDAY: spicy cold sesame noodles with bok choy, carrots and soft boiled eggs (BA meal)


FRIDAY: might pick up a pizza?














WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT

scrapbooking things, spring cleaning projects

















NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:


the Blue Apron meals are always new recipes, might do grilled peaches and add cinnamon and honey and put over ice cream to try something different

















TIP OF THE WEEK:
















FROM THE CAMERA





Pontoon boat fresh from storage and in the driveway charging up the battery 




the poplar trees "popped" all of their fluff this weekend - not good for this allergy gal! 




But I braved it anyways and sat in the sun and read a bit and played with selfie filters a bit (as one does) Lol!











I'm especially loving my pretty begonias this year -and the new geranium pillows I picked up for the front bench 😊 🌸 






We have a ranch style home and this is the door we use everyday - not the front door. I always put some pots there (and there's a hockey puck and a bike, and the trim needs touch up paint and I don't have my new outdoor welcome mat - in other words REAL LIFE) 😉 






Annie in her little play/skit this AM ❤️ 







PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Image result for summer inspirational quotes

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.


6 comments:

  1. Blessings, Carrie! I enjoyed reading your post and your pics are beautiful...especially the ones of the leaves on the trees with the lake behind and the flowers! Love the hockey puck! <3 Blessings for a beautiful week ahead, my friend! Have a good one! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the view from your living room. Fun times coming on with the boat.
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems strange to think of schools still in session (though some of the ones around here are as well due to many snow days). Glad you were able to go and enjoy the performance. Beautiful flowers and photos. I had to look it up to be sure, we refer to our poplar trees as cottonwoods, LOL! Probably not the exact same kind of trees but same family. And yes, that floating cotton does a number on allergy sufferers. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds as if God's in His Heaven, all's right with the world. So love your geranium toss pillows. And I love that you leave your windows uncovered - almost like living outside.

    Kudos to Ad and to you for being practical and working together. It's so important for Aaron and Annie to have both their parents, though living apart. I nominate the two of you for Parents of the Year - maybe even The Century.

    So happy to see you had a little "me" time. Sending sunshine and kisses, AP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your side door. Our old house had a side door. I loved knowing that if someone was at my side door it was either family or friends. :) Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I'm so late this week!! I LOVE that you're going to be having some boat fun this summer - how exciting to have some relaxing family time. I love the flower pictures - so pretty! I hope that pesky pollen has gotten better and you're having a wonderful weekend. See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete