Hello and Happy Monday Friends ~
I hope you all had a wonderfully blessed weekend. 🙏
I had a similar one to last weekend. Annie had a friend sleepover. We played games and some volleyball. But I also got more in depth cleaning, scrubbing, and mopping done. And finally got out the rest of my Fall decorations! I didn't get to the outside yet. But inside it's looking cozy and very Autumnal. Beware lots of photos below! Lol I'm also finally sharing the sour cream banana bread recipe below since I didn't get it into an individual post.
Then yesterday Ad came over for dinner to help with some things and hang out a bit. Annie has already been getting heavy duty homework. He gets to help her with the math! Lol 😂
Now onto the week ahead...
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING
toast with pb and honey, iced coffee
RIGHT NOW I AM:
Listening to classical music and working on my planner
AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW
The sun is finally coming out after being gray all morning. I see more trees starting to change color and one in my backyard has begun to lose its leaves 🍁
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
Sunbeams streaming in and Ruby is laying in one. I see my Fall decorations out everywhere and it makes me smile 😊
ON THIS WEEK'S TO DO LIST:
CURRENTLY READING
ON THE TV TODAY:
America's Got Talent, Big Brother, Flip or Flop, HGTV shows, Brady bunch property brothers HGTV special, Kids Baking Championship, looking up when some new Fall shows begin that I'd like to see, I think Dancing with the Stars is back on tonight!
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY: leftover chinese food from last night
TUESDAY: creamy tomato soup, cheesy quesadillas & apple slices
WEDNESDAY: creamy fennel and olive pasta with fried rosemary & walnuts (BA meal)
THURSDAY: Annie game night (grab something easy?)
FRIDAY: elote-style veggie tostadas with zucchini & peppers and lime rice (BA meal)
** more zucchini to use up so will make some bread or more muffins
WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT
Still working on finishing my Grandpa's WWII heritage scrapbook and my Mom's family heritage scrapbook, and I will have a blog post later this week or weekend with some new things to share 😉
NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:
TIP OF THE WEEK:

I thought this was pretty clever
FROM THE CAMERA
I always begin my mornings with a bit of devotional and prayer time. Always a great way to start the day ☀️
Some touches in the kitchen:

PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday
I always begin my mornings with a bit of devotional and prayer time. Always a great way to start the day ☀️
A little Fall tour around my home. First the living room:
Some touches in the kitchen:

And the dining room:
Love that I can switch on the jack-o-lantern in this hanging canvas
❤️ ❤️ ❤️
I'll share more rooms and touches in the weeks ahead 😉
PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday

























Love, love, love all your Fall decor.... the picture of the pumpkins by the fireplace is gorgeous! Have a great week!!
ReplyDeleteOh boy!
ReplyDeleteYou know I have waited for this one, right???
I have my coffee, and I slowly savored each one of your beautiful fall photos!
Your home is perfect for fall!
It is so cozy!!!!
I love the corner display cupboard!
And I love your love of fall, my friend.
Enjoy!!!
Good evening! I enjoyed stopping by! Your fall decoration is beautiful as is your home! I hope you a blessed week ahead.
ReplyDeleteIt looks so beautiful! I haven't started yet, but I need to do it this week. We have a big bunch coming over on Sunday so that should get me going.
ReplyDeleteThat bread sounds wonderful. Thanks for the recipe.
Beautiful fall decor! Your grandfather's World War II heritage scrapbook project sounds amazing - can you share a few photos of the layouts? Was he in the Pacific theater or Europe? I need to subscribe to HGTV and the Food Network again - as the holiday approach, they have so many great baking competitions, gingerbread houses, chocolate creations, so many incredible masterpieces. Have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteLove all your fall decor - my favorite season. I can relate to the cracked windshield. I picked up a nick on last week's trip, so will try to get it filled when I go to Joplin for my brake job this week or next.
ReplyDeleteThe last time Bill and I took a trip, I got a big rock (causing a lot of damage) right on the passenger side. I had just had my windshield replaced the week before the trip due to a sandstorm I went through in AZ. Emailing you about this.
I see that my Carryon Carrie is carrying on, as usual. Take some time for you. Love you my Darling Special Girls Up North of Everywhere, AP
Oh my, your home looks so cozy and inviting! I'm claiming the chair by the fireplace. I'll be right over for a visit in about 9-10 hours. LOL! You've inspired me to get on my home a bit more today (fingers crossed for no work calls over here). Hope you have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteTake me with you??? PLEASE???? <3
DeleteYour home always looks so stunning. Beautiful Fall decorations :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see your Grandpa's Heritage Scrapbook, sounds amazing. And that sour cream banana cake?? YUM!
Have a wonderful week my friend.
xoxo
Isn't the weather glorius? Ours has been quite similar and I'm loving the Fall feel in the air and seeing it in your decorations too! Are you enjoying the book? The movie was quite good too.
ReplyDeleteI've been doing that drawer/cutting board trick for years. LOL who knew I was so innovative? I also use the cutting boards as lids/tops to stack things in the refrigerator when getting ready for BIG holiday meals.
Have a WONDERFUL week my friend - sending you BIG hugs and warm, positive thoughts. XOXO
Oh, Carrie! I so want your weather! Send a little my way please? (I wish you really could!) LOL! Your home is so lovely and I love the fallishness of it all! Blessings for a great week ahead! <3
ReplyDeleteYour home looks so cozy & beautiful! Love it. <3
ReplyDeleteYour home looks so beautiful in the fall with all your cozy touches! You have the perfect fall backdrop with your gorgeous stone fireplace, tile floor and bookshelves. Such pretty views of all the trees out your windows, too. The banana bread sounds so yummy - I'm going to try it. Sounds so good with a hot cup of coffee! Sorry I haven't been around much this summer - so much going on, but now I think I can slow down a bit. Sending hugs xo Karen
ReplyDelete