Monday, April 6, 2020

Happy Homemaker Monday

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hello & Happy Monday Friends!

I hope you're all doing well and continuing to stay strong and positive during this time. I realized today that last week I started to make rounds and visited some of you...but got distracted and missed some of you. I will work to be better about coming around each week and say hello. I had one unique and very fun moment last week. My group of closest girlfriends (2 live in MN, 1 lives in CA, and 1 in WI like me) got together on zoom to do a chat all together. It was so wonderful to see all of their faces and visit. It was like girls night out. 🍷  We talked for 3 hours! And just laughed and laughed too. Really helped the soul right now. We're going to do it once a week now. Technology is a wonderful thing!! 
Annie is on Spring break this week - so no online school for her. Aaron has school yet and I think has his break next week.  I ran around and got groceries this past weekend that will hopefully last close to another 2 weeks. I also ran to Walgreens and got the kiddos a few fun treats and goodies for Easter. I'm still planning to make a nice ham dinner Easter Sunday. Also, will do mass, as I have each weekend through my church posting it on FB. I think Adam will come celebrate with us. And I'll have the kiddos do a scavenger hunt like we've always done - to find their goodies. I'll set the table nicely like every year...and we'll play games after the meal. We're also going to coordinate a game night with my Mom and my Brother and SIL. We'll facetime with them and can play trivial pursuit all together even though the kids and I will be the only ones moving the pieces. Lol Finding creative ways to have fun and stay connected! 😊 











THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:





















ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING

honey nut chex cereal, coffee














HOW I AM FEELING THIS MORNING:

Overall staying positive. It was gray earlier but the sun has come out for much of the day now and that helps. A lot of the snow is gone. There are still a couple little snow banks out in front of our house because they had been so high. But they're getting smaller everyday and I see quite a bit of grass already. Some of it even turning green! I also saw some robins on the hill this AM. Any signs of Spring fill my soul right now ☀️ 🌸 











ON MY MIND:

The birthdays of some relatives this week that I need to mail out cards for. Also, I'm so excited because I talked to my hospice volunteer coordinator recently. I will still be able to volunteer a bit even while social distancing! They asked if I were given a list could I please make out some cards for some people in need on behalf of myself and the hospice team. They would send me a packet with names, cards, stamps etc. I told them I could donate my own cards because I have so many card making and scrapbooking supplies. They said that was wonderful! So I am working on cards and waiting on the list. I pray over each one as I make it.  Annie is going to help me make some more. 💌 



















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE


Pretty clean and tidy as we often spend the weekends doing some of the extras - dusting and vacuuming areas we often don't during the week. After I do dishes and get the kitchen tidy I still like to do calming lavender in my diffuser. 💜 


















CHORE I'M NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS WEEK:

I had more recently gotten some new rugs for the back hallway, mudroom area. But they won't stay put as much as I'd like. So I found some carpet tape and I'm going to give it a good cleaning first. Dust, vacuum and mop. And then re-put down the rugs but with tape to help them stay put. 

 















CURRENTLY READING

I started reading something. Then stopped. Just truly all over the place with reading. I thought I would really use this time reading more, even being on the computer more. But I haven't and I don't know why?  















ON THE TV TODAY:

 Spring baking championship,  The Voice, The Good Doctor, New Amsterdam, Greys Anatomy, This is Us,  Will & Grace, The Bachelor, HGTV shows, The Voice, 911 Lone Star, Outlander, When Calls the Heart





 








ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

There isn't really a purpose for this right now as I'm not planning meals like I used to. I don't want to waste any food and since I don't feel good bringing things to my vulnerable Mom and my FIL - just in case - there are far less items I can make because kids are so fussy.  Plus, now we're even more subject to waiting to see what we're in the mood for day by day based on what I have stocked up. We basically rotate each day some kind of pasta, or breakfast food, or soup/sandwich. The main things both kids will eat. (going to leave this here as standard response for now - but will include a recipe or update each post)

This week some meals for lunch or dinner will be cheese quesadillas with chips and pineapple salsa and veggies, homemade chicken alfredo pizza with spinach, mini dutch babies breakfast for dinner with fruit and breakfast potatoes, turkey cranberry cheddar sliders with fruit and chips,  grilled cheese & red lobster cheddar garlic biscuits. 

Last week I made really yummy shortbread bars. 😋 They couldn't be easier! I topped ours with raspberry jam and powdered sugar.








It was a Taste of Home recipe and here it is:










When I made whole grain spaghetti and meatballs last week, I used up the old hot dog buns to make garlic cheese bread. Trying to be creative to shake things up. And also, to go to the store less.



**For Easter dinner I will be making ham steak with brown sugar glaze, baked potatoes (Annie doesn't like cheesy ones), garden salad, corn, strawberry jello pretzel salad, crescent rolls and fruit pizza cookies for dessert. ❤️ 




















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

find something to read that I really want to get in to, make cards, bake something, make myself an actual cocktail for when we do girlfriend time on zoom this week 🍹 













FROM THE CAMERA:
As you can see - very little snow left, yay! Ruby loves to lay in the driveway and patrol who passes by out walking in the neighborhood. Lol 



Besides walking - when it's nicer outside - the kiddos and I have been playing pickleball in the driveway. 




I have seen robins and bunnies out on the hill. True signs that Spring and Easter are on their way in the northwoods. 🐰 





I did order some Easter treats for myself too. These things I ordered from Magnolia arrived recently. This cool plant stand.



This sweet little bud vase.







And Joanna Gaines 2nd cookbook












Keep smiling Friends. Sending positive loving thoughts to you all!





PRAYER LIST:

All of the responders, grocery store workers, caregivers, all those sick and suffering through this, and those who have lost loved ones. I pray psalm 91 over all every day. Prayers for all of us my Friends. We are all in this together. 🙏 💜 



*Special prayers for this guy. He has become such an amazing friend to me and I'm excited to see what the future brings. It's his birthday on Saturday and I pray for his safety as he's still stuck up in AK working. 
👮 🚓 ♥️ 










PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


God bless my Friends. I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

8 comments:

  1. I could linger here for hours, my friend!
    So much to love here.
    I love your meals, and especially the hotdog bun garlic bread.
    We do that all the time!
    Your Easter sounds lovely.
    Your picture is stunning!
    Thanks for blogging! I am so glad you are here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear you are staying positive and trying to keep things as normal as possible for Annie and Aaron for Easter! We're having a "normal" Easter also, even though it will just be the 2 of us.

    WOW such a powerful inspirational!!!

    Happy Birthday to your special friend and I am keeping him (and all first responders! in my prayers)

    Did you see the special yesterday that Joanna Gaines did from her house for Food Network? She was so cute and real with the kids. I really enjoyed it.

    Ironically my screen time is down on the computer and phone and my reading is limited also. I have been immersing myself into multiple spring cleaning projects and multiple quilt projects.

    Keep yourself safe and healthy my sweet friend! Have a wonderful week and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carrie, it is always a treat to see what you are up to. What a great cook you are - your shortbread sure is tempting! Even I could try that :)
    Strange times we live in, and many of us are 'out of routine' or can't do things we normally do. You will get back to the reading. Meanwhile, what a great thing you can volunteer to make cards, something you excel at. Lucky recipients! The snow is sure on the way out, and your beautiful Spring is coming soon. Make sure you post lots of photos for me - I love the lilacs, the daffodils, the forget me knots....because we don't have them here. Say Hi to that Easter bunny from me. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an inspiration! Glad you are finding such great, creative ways to stay connected with your family and friends. Definitely going to perhaps borrow a few ideas though my technology skills are a bit limited. Good thing I have tech support aka teenagers here full-time now ;) Hope you have a great week and a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shortbread bars look so good!
    I have the same diffuser. :)
    I love Joanna Gaines!
    It's looking beautiful over there - much better than the snow last time.
    Glad things are going so well with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those shortbread bars look SO good!
    I think we have the same diffuser! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I truly enjoyed reading your post here, very positive and upbeat. Zoom is becoming very important in my house for various private lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks as if all is well in the Great North Woods. I thank God for each day that passes with all my friends and family virus free. My heart bleeds for the thousands who have not been that fortunate.

    Life goes on here, looking very much like the week before, but two days of 80's temps. I worked 3-1/2 hours in the yard yesterday, so today I'm so sore, I'm limping around like an old woman. Oh, wait! I am an old woman. Well, proof that this old woman needs more exercise. Cool temps moving back in, so maybe out to the weeds again tomorrow.

    So happy you've discovered Zoom. Just what you need right now. At least you have your kiddos to keep you happy, and that hunk up in AK you can talk with daily.

    Easter photos, please. I'll probably eat a hot dog. We're truly isolating here. All family members are staying put in their own little nests. Perhaps this will make us more grateful in the future for all the things we've been taking for granted.

    Stay well, Darling Child, and continue to be my Carry-on Carrie. Love and hugs and warm wishes for warm weather, AP

    ReplyDelete