Hello Friends ~
Happy Monday to you. I hope you had a lovely weekend. Maybe even getting into holiday festivities already? That's what we did here. Scott and his daughter came to visit me and my kiddos over the weekend and we had wonderful food, played games, went for walks with Ruby, shared gifts, went looking at Christmas lights - and just had a fun holiday weekend. It was the time that worked for us to celebrate as Scott will be going back up to AK for work and be there over Christmas and New Year's.
Now ready for the week ahead as we inch closer and closer to Christmastime. 🎄 🎶 🌟
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING
did extended fasting today and only had coffee
HOW I AM FEELING THIS MORNING:
My joints are aching. I have arthritis issues and I think it's time I go find out what kind. I have an Aunt with RA and I hope it's not that. But if it is something like that and needs treatment I don't want to put it off. I'm researching a radical change in my diet to rid it of a lot of inflammatory things. Which will also make me healthier in other ways and lose even more weight. So win win all the way around. Lol
ON MY MIND:
So many things as this year rapidly ends. The holiday things, obviously, but future things as well. I know I have shared a bit with you friends about the end of my marriage. I'm so grateful for what was and it was the hardest thing I ever had to do, which was to decide to move forward in life without Ad, so I could be healthier and happier. But this time of year was always so special to us - not only the holidays, but it also would have been our 25th anniversary. That part makes me so very sad because I had no doubt we'd make it to 50. But sometimes God has other plans. I'm so grateful for the fairy tale that was and how he still takes care of me in many ways, even after divorce. I know I've shared that Ad went through typical mid life crisis things folks go through, but more so for him with the worsening of his Mom's alzheimers. We tried to work on things, but he couldn't forgive himself and we couldn't move forward on the same page of life anymore. He has been living for years in a little rental house, even though he's a prominent business man and could choose otherwise. He's finally decided to buy a big beautiful home and have his Dad move in with him. I'm so happy he's moving forward and choosing the things that make him happy again. I think it's been hard for him not living a life that he'd been accustomed to. But that means his Dad's house will probably go up for sale. And it's a gorgeous over century old historical home that I adore. The craftmanship is amazing! We had the best memories and Christmases there. Including our rehearsal dinner! Here's some pics from Christmas time past one year:
I have become such good friends with many of you, so I will continue to share my journey with you. And I'm not sure what life will bring in the future, but I know I have several new plans that I have begun to pursue for the new year. Once they officially begin I will share details with you. It took a long time to get to a true place of ambition and accepting it's my own journey now. Ad had been my guy since we were 16. I have never truly known life on my own and it's been an education that I'm continuing to learn. My youngest is almost 15 and won't be long until she's out of the nest too. So it will truly be my path alone to choose. It's actually exciting...if not a tad overwhelming, to think about. 😊 Thanks for going along on the ride my friends. The messages I receive on here and in private have meant so much to me. My whole circle of family, friends (including you) have been my strength through these past years, along with my Lord above of course. 🙏 💕
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
I got to this late today and it gets dark so early. It looks so pretty and sparkly and glowing. ✨
CURRENTLY READING
I haven't been reading anything very recently but plan to start Christmas at Holiday House by RaeAnne Thayne next. (still need to start this altho it may be after Christmas at the rate I'm going! Lol)
ON THE TV TODAY:
HGTV shows, holiday baking shows, Greys Anatomy, Mad Men, Great British Baking Show (holiday one too), The Undoing, The Bachelorette, The Crown, Hallmark movies, Escape to the Chateau on HGTV
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY - naan pizzas, veggies and dip
TUESDAY - cheesy french onion chicken with garlic bread and lemony roasted carrots (HF meal)
WEDNESDAY - pork & Mexican corn street tacos (HF meal)
THURSDAY - chicken katsu with roasted green beans & ginger rice (HF meal)
FRIDAY - ?? date night
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
wrap more gifts, make my Gram's recipe cut outs, watch a holiday movie
FROM THE CAMERA:
I know I've shared that Scott is in law enforcement in AK. He works 2 weeks off and 2 on. So he asked if some of his daughter's gifts could be shipped to my house. He had gotten her a 13 foot gymnastics mat as one of her presents, and she wanted to set it up right away. He had to explain to her that it wasn't the time or the place just yet. Lol I got Scott some traditional gifts (like airpods & stuff for his harley), but I wanted to give him some more personal things. I had taught him how to play cribbage this Fall and I found a hand carved board with Alaska on it (he loves it up there so much). And I also made this little personalized cookbook for him and his daughter. When he's back in the states he has his daughter and they do cooking together. I shared some recipes I already knew he liked from having here, and also some I thought might be easy for them to make together. I also left some blank ones in there for them to add their own. I decorated it with AK things and polar bear and north kinds of things because he always calls himself a big polar bear. He LOVES the cold and he's a big guy. Here's a few of the pages and the cover:
My workout view downstairs this AM. This tree has all of the kiddos ornaments on it through the years and some from when I was a kiddo myself!
PRAYER LIST:
I pray for an end to this virus. For peace, healing and unity in our world. I pray for anyone sick, suffering, isolated, and afraid - for their peace and comfort. Please Lord give strength to those fighting the virus on the frontlines. 🙏 I hope this vaccine will be safe and effective and the beginning of the end for this virus. I pray for everyone to have a very safe, peaceful and happy holiday season.



