Happy Monday my Friends!
Wishing you sunshine today. ☀️ I hope all is well in your part of the world and that you had a lovely and restful weekend. My daughter had some playoff hockey. They won a big game last week to make it to the playoff finals...but unfortunately they lost there. It's going to be calmer around here without hockey! Lol But I think Annie may do golf at her school again this year yet. Other than that it was pretty peaceful around here. Annie and I hung out quite a bit. She likes having me watch goofy things on youtube with her. We also did some fun shopping with my Mom the other day too. Other than that, just the usual weekend chores.
I've also begun the pre coursework for my end of life doula classes. As I was watching some informational videos, and learning more about their non-profit organization... I know more than ever that it is absolutely where I belong. I was getting emotional as I was working on things because I felt such a sense of happiness in my soul in how I am being led to this calling. 🙏
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING
banana bread english muffin with pb, honey & banana on it, coffee
HOW I AM FEELING THIS MORNING:
Energized! Did a good workout and then a therapy appt. The sun is out now and I feel ready to tackle the week ahead. 💪
ON MY MIND:
Worrying about my FIL. My ex still hasn't moved him into his new home. I don't know if it's because he's having work done on it, or other factors, but I worry about him being safe. My FIL has a lot of stairs in his house (it's an old historical home) and Parkinsons and some dementia issues. My son updates me on him at times. I just pray he's going to get him moved in soon, so he's not alone anymore.
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
Clean and bright from the weekend. 😍 My new couch in the tv room was broken, but finally able to get a new one. You can see it in the pics below.
CURRENTLY READING
I still want to go back and read some books I never finished. But just got Freely and Lightly: God's gracious invitation to a life of quiet confidence by Emily Lex. I love her illustrations - they're so peaceful.
ON THE TV TODAY:
Spring Baking Championship, Escape to the Chateau, New Amsterdam, Masked Singer, Greys Anatomy, This is Us, The Good Doctor, Lone Star 911, the Unicorn, Men in Kilts: a roadtrip with Sam & Graham, When Calls the Heart, some netflix shows - I jump around on there
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY - stuffed peppers
TUESDAY - breakfast for dinner?
WEDNESDAY - toasted ravioli, garlic bread, salad
THURSDAY - chicken salad sandwiches, chips, fruit
FRIDAY - ??
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
play in the sunshine with Ruby, use massage pillow thing I have for my neck while I listen to meditative music, chat with a new friend with whom I've been having amazing conversations
FROM THE CAMERA:
Did I forget to mention that my brother and SIL got their new puppy? Meet Tika 🐶 Isn't she the cutest?? 😍 🐾 I haven't had a chance to go snuggle her yet, but I hope to very soon! She's a Siberian Husky
This is a shot of Annie's team celebrating after their 2nd playoff win. Unfortunately they lost in the final playoff game
Brought Annie for team workout time early on Saturday AM, and it wasn't worth the drive home because it wasn't a full practice. So I brought my devotional up with me and did my prayer time in my car while I waited.
I picked up these limited edition banana bread english muffins last grocery trip. They're really yummy!
It kind of worked out well that the last new couch was broken. It had recliners on each side and found I didn't like that as much as just a traditional couch. So it actually worked out well because I got to pick out a new one that I like better.
Clean and bright and bits of Spring everywhere 🐰 🌸
The new career path is underway 😊🙏
I baked some chocolate & butterscotch chip bars at Annie's request this weekend 😋
I feel many new beginnings starting in my life and I'm ready for them all 🌞 ♥️
PRAYER LIST:
I pray for an end to this virus. For peace, healing and unity in our world. I pray for anyone sick, suffering, isolated, and afraid - for their peace and comfort. Please Lord give strength to those fighting the virus on the frontlines. 🙏 And may the vaccines continue to help the numbers go down and life become more normal. For continued healing for the kids & I. And a prayer for a friend dealing with a heart issue right now.


