Hello!
Happy Monday Friends. ☀️ ๐
I hope you had a wonderfully restful weekend and are ready to dive into the week ahead. It was a fun and productive weekend here. Matt and I did a lot of our usuals: church, errands, cleaning, (he helped me take Christmas down and I only have a little bit left), and watched football. Sorry about those Vikes, Deb. ๐
Even though I take Christmas down, I do like to keep up some of the greenery, angels, woodland critters, snowmen kinds of things. And I have a little of valentines going on now too. Nice to feel refreshed and ready for the new year.
We also went out on a date night and did one of our adventure dates from the book he got me for Christmas. It gives a few clues to the date as far as what time of day to go, if it's go out or stay in, how much it might cost etc. And you have to scratch it off in the moment and then just go do it! I give details & photos about it below. We feel we reserve the right to do the older person version and make it our own a bit. Lol We had a lot of fun! ♥️
Also, a couple of updates. Back update. I went in for follow up and x-rays show that it's a herniated disc. I start PT this week. I'm doing more prednisone and will go from there. Frustrating and I don't have patience to take it easy - but it's not the end of the world and I'll do whatever I need to do. There may be an MRI in my future. Still potential for cortisone shot....just have to keep taking it a step at a time and see.
Other update is if you missed my last post about my blogaversary and drawing please check it out an enter! You don't have to be a blogger. You don't have to live in the U.S. Just want to thank you for spending time here and sharing this space with me. ๐ Now on to the week ahead...
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:
apple overnight oats with almond milk & cinnamon, coffee
ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:
massage therapy, PT, Matt's day off fun time, Ruby haircut, Annie hockey game, errands, hospice work, lunch with a friend
THINKING ABOUT:
The ways I'm already working on more strength in my body. Plan to do big changes safely and slowly over the next several months to not only heal things....but to be preventative for any future breakdown.
CURRENTLY READING
Just got SPARE the Prince Harry book
ON THE TV TODAY:
Kids Baking Championship, Shark Tank, Ghosts, The Chase, New Amsterdam, The Rookie, Miss Scarlet & the Duke, All Things Great and Small, HGTV and cooking shows
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY - healthy alfredo noodles with sundried tomatoes, creamy italian salad
TUESDAY - one pan enchiladas verdes w/ mexican cheese blend & hot sauce crema (HF meal)
WEDNESDAY - pork & zucchini bibimbap w/ carrots & pickled scallions (HF meal)
THURSDAY - pepper sausage, onion, veggie & cheese egg bake, healthy keto cinnamon toasts, fruit
FRIDAY - cantina steak fajitas w/ cilantro rice & pico de gallo (HF meal)
*might try my hand at baking some healthy brownies with almond flour and plant based sweetener substitutes
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
get a massage, read, gentle treadmill with good music, yoga
TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
FROM THE CAMERA:
Okay, this date suggestion was a bit corny and fun. We reserved the right to only make 2 stops because it was getting late when we went out and we were tired and hungry. ๐ So we did apps & dinner at the same restaurant. We did not engage our waitress in the goofy accent and character thing - but we did do it with each other and it was hilarious! Matt became Gustavo & was speaking Spanish and giving me like the Gomez eye brow and cracking me up so much! I became Gigi - a worldly French lady and was speaking French at Matt a bit (I had 4 years of it in school). Just being nutballs can be a lot of fun. ๐
The Gustavo eye brow ๐คจ
And we kind of cheated on dessert too and just went and got crumbl cookies - but they were calling our name more than anywhere we wanted to go. So we're still calling this date fulfilled. ✅
It's always seems so empty after Christmas is over. But I still kept out some wintery things and put up some of Valentines. ๐
This guy never ceases to amaze me with his hidden talents. He used to play guitar a lot and he has such a beautiful singing voice. We were in the mall and took down a guitar in the music store and started playing and singing. I bought him some books and told him he needs to work on his guitar again more back at home so he can play for me more often!
PRAYER LIST:
For an end to the conflict in the Ukraine and other areas of the world living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence. For anyone sick, suffering, in pain or fear... that God bring them comfort and peace. For peace and equality on this MLK Jr Day. For some Friends going through a very hard time right now. ๐



