Monday, July 17, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday


Hello and Happy Monday! ☀️ 


I hope you're starting this week with a smile and sunshine. ;) 
Did you have a nice weekend? It was a good one here. My Uncle, Dad and step Mom were over for a BBQ and game night on Friday. My Uncle hadn't met Matt - so they finally had a chance to get acquainted. My kiddos were here too. It was good food, laughs, and games with family. Doesn't get better. 

We also went to church, went for a 3 mile walk and worked on projects to start packing Matt up to move in probably next week! ♥️ I missed HHM last week as we were out-of-town visiting Matt's folks and relatives of his that had come in town there. His Mom organizes a lovely production there every summer too. She is a retired English and drama teacher and used to put on productions every year at her school. Now she does a community summer show of a wonderful big band that's led by a former student of hers. I will share some pics of that below and some video too. 



**Oh, and I wanted to share an addendum about the blackberry cobbler that I posted the other day. I wanted to make sure that you knew the recipe called for self rising flour. I don't think I specified that in the post. If you need to make your own self-rising flour just add 1& 1/2  tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt to 1 cup of flour. I highly recommend the recipe! It turned out so great and was really easy. 😋 

















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:



























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


piece of almond kringle, iced coffee
















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

workers here to figure out a leak (probably from my fridge), Ruby vet appt, visit my Mom, check in with a cousin about her visit soon, helping care for my gf's chickens again while she's gone, dinner with a gf, home projects,errands, hospice work















THINKING ABOUT:  

Getting some home projects finished before Matt moves in 💕 

Also, actually thinking about gratitude for my ex. He is sending his work guys to help figure out and fix leak here and told me it's never a problem and he'd like to be able to help with house issues. I appreciate that Matt knows his "handy" limitations and feels secure enough in our relationship that I can communicate with Adam about home issues and his work guys can fix them.  I feel grateful that I have a better relationship with my ex now too. He has told me before how he will always care that I'm okay and taken care of and that he is happy I found such a nice guy and that I deserve such happiness. I sure appreciate that. 😊 

















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

Sun has been in and out today - lots of clouds. Listening to music while I hear birds out the open window. 

















CURRENTLY READING

magazines, plan to start a Colleen Hoover novel next






















ON THE TV TODAY:

  HGTV shows (currently loving Vacation House Rules), AGT,  Outlander, And Just Like That, Grantchester, old movies taped

















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY -leftover tacos



TUESDAY - cheddar bay biscuits, tomato soup, fruit (an Annie fave) 



WEDNESDAY -  stuffed chicken breasts, pasta side dish, salad




THURSDAY - grilled bacon cheddar burgers, ranch red potatoes, veggies




FRIDAY -  out for dinner?

























TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

organization project, craft,  read





















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:






















FROM THE CAMERA:









I have a variety of pics from the past few weeks. I didn't get any pics of the night my Uncle and Dad & step Mom were over....just lived in the moment. ;) These pics are from July 4th. We had our friends the C's over. We did a pontoon ride, BBQ, ladder golf, had a fire and then went to watch fireworks. Such a fun day!













These are some pics from when we were up at Ten Mile when Matt's relatives were visiting and we went to his Mom's cool big band shows. I will share video of the big band below. They played music of Count Basie one night and Duke Ellington the other. They had the place decorated with art deco influences. It was so cool. 



Ten Mile is such a gorgeous lake and has some amazing homes on it. This is one of my favorites! I'm always getting inspiration for the style home Matt and I want to build up there one day. We will keep the family cottage too - but want to build a small home there next to it. Not as big as this one of course. One that would be one level - but we want a vaulted ceiling with beams and a wall of windows on the lake. 😍 








The pics below are from our walk this weekend and some pics from my garden ;) 








Here is some video of his Mom's show:












PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflict in the Ukraine and other areas of the world living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain or fear... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the dark everywhere. For all those suffering from weather events and turmoil in our world. For there to be an easy answer for the leak going on and that it will be easy to fix. 🙏 



















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I hope you have a week full of beautiful moments my friends! I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

17 comments:

  1. You sure are busy!
    I love the video of his moms show. I've always loved that old music.
    Your dipped strawberries look so good.
    I love, love, love what you wrote about Adam. Glad things are going better and appreciate that he still wants to make sure you're ok.
    Thanks for the cobbler update. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! July has been crazy but lots of fun too. ;) I love that older music too. It's so classy to me. Lol And I'm really happy about the Adam stuff too. It's healthier and benefits us all - especially our kids. 💗

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed your post, your happiness just shines through as I read about your weekend and every day life. Glad things have worked out well in the end regarding you and your ex. Oh, and can you build me just she shed to come hang out in or something up that way? LOL! LOL! It's so beautiful where you live :) Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! I will happily provide a space here for you to live and enjoy the view daily. ;) Maybe something right on the deck as it has the best views of them all. Lol xo

      Delete
  3. Love all the sweet family pics and all the summer fun! Always so special when you are making memories. You and Matt look so happy and I am so glad to hear that you will now be together. Also, glad to hear that your ex is being a decent, caring guy, which is exactly what you deserve. Your back yard looks so pretty and perfect for hanging out and enjoying life. The lake where you want to build a cottage looks so beautiful, too, and I hope your dream comes true. I need to get that cobbler recipe - looks like we might have a good blackberry year - thanks for sharing it! Hope you have a lovely week. x K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I'm so grateful I have found such a peace and happiness in my life, after lots of pain. And then within that peace God just happened to put a wonderful man in my life and. help heal old wounds through love and forgiveness. I'm a blessed Gal. And definitely recommend that cobbler recipe. Easy peasy and SO good - blackberries & sugar...can you go wrong? Lol xo

      Delete
  4. Hello, Lovely Lady! So much to love here, my friend. I am so happy for all your happiness. You deserve it. Your Fourth of July looks perfect. Love your boating and your decor and those strawberries! And I am so happy to hear that things with Adam are peaceful and helpful. Prayers for the leak! I have been there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo! Your kindness and support means so much to me. I'm so grateful for the peace, love and forgiveness the Lord put in my heart. It has healed so much. And on top of it, he put a wonderful man in my path and now I'm so excited for the future! And the leak has been an adventure (Ugh!) but I'm grateful it's getting taken care of now. The joys of home ownership, right? Lol xo

      Delete
  5. Such a great week. Love the lake views.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun with Matt moving in. Glad things are working out with your ex. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucie! I have such a grateful heart. Blessings. xo

      Delete
  7. Sweetie I'm so sorry to be running so late. I REALLY enjoyed your post and especially ALL your pictures. Your deck ALWAYS looks so inviting and miss Ruby always appears so relaxed.

    That lake is so pretty and I can't wait to see one day the home you and Matt build. And I loved the video, they're really good.

    I'm really happy for you and Matt to be in such a good place, that he's moving in with you and thankful for you and Adam to be in a better place now that you're moving on with your life.

    I hope you've had a GREAT week and have an even better weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not know you could just add a couple things to make flour self rising, thanks for that info :) It is so good to hear that your relationship with your Ex is getting better and that he is actually happy for you finding a guy that is best for you, and he is willing to help with house issues, I sure hope they can figure out the leak problem.
    The show looks neat and how special that people can get up and dance to the music if they want too :)

    ReplyDelete