Hello and Happy Monday! ☀️
How's life in your neck of the woods Friends? Life in the northwoods has been good and busy. We're still in full summertime swing I guess I would say. Fitting in time with relatives and friends especially.
This past weekend Matt and I went out to dinner with Annie and her friend and then played mini golf. Matt won - that stinker! And then I saw Annie off to go on a summer trip with her dad for a few weeks. Saturday I went out for lunch with a girlfriend and later that evening Matt and I took an impulsive sunset pontoon ride. It was lovely. And then Sunday I had a cousin and her hubby in town and we met them - along with quite a few other relatives - for a meal at a favorite local pizza place. Afterwards Aaron came to our house and played games with Matt and I.
I'm late to HHM today because I went out and had fun with the same cousin and her hubby today. And then I had to stop at Matt's house to do a few things. He is moved in here - but still need to get more of his things from his place. And we haven't officially moved his cat Bubba in yet. Still a few things we need to get for him here yet.
But it's been busy exciting days and lots of fun! I feel like such a happy and very blessed Lady. 💕
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:
greek yogurt with granola, iced coffee
ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:
groceries and errands, hospice work, help my mom and step dad to an appointment, help Matt move more things, meet with travel agent about a trip next year, meet up with a friend
THINKING ABOUT:
fitting in all the fun of summer while it's still here...some plans Matt & I have before summer is over ;)
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
It's been hazy a lot today because of the fires in Canada and the air is heavy. It's muggy out too. Sun is coming out now and streaming in windows. I can hear the hum of the a/c going.
CURRENTLY READING
Colleen Hoover novel
ON THE TV TODAY:
HGTV shows (currently loving Vacation House Rules), AGT, Outlander, And Just Like That, Grantchester, old movies taped
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY - Matt works late, thinking easy...maybe order sushi?
TUESDAY - going to do Christmas in July fun as it's the 25th...my son is going to come over to have dinner with Matt & I and I"m going to make turkey, cheddar, cranberry sliders, mashed potatoes with gravy (gravy is for dunking the sandwiches too), and green beans. For dessert Christmas brownies. I'm going to watch a Xmas movie earlier in the day too.
🎄 ❤️
WEDNESDAY - slow cooker pork fajitas, fruit
THURSDAY - need to get groceries...maybe a few things to throw on the grill?
FRIDAY - either out for dinner or something easy?
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
bake, read, craft
TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
In the summer it can be nice to chill your skincare products. Especially when it's hot and muggy like it has been so much lately. So you could keep your lotion or moisturizer...and even your aloe gel for a sunburn..all in the fridge. I also keep an undereye/face roller in my freezer too. It feels so nice if it's a hot day or if I wake up and feel like my under eyes are puffy.
FROM THE CAMERA:
A few snacks from my tiny garden 😋
flowers still going strong
It rained when Matt & I went out to dinner with Annie and her friend, but then as it cleared a rainbow appeared. 😊 And it turned into a beautiful night for mini golf.
Impulsive last minute pontoon rides on a bay calm as a mirror are the best! Especially with my Honey. And it even felt a little chilly down on the water by that time and this happened to be the blanket I grabbed. I promise I'm still thinking summer thoughts though....mostly. 😉 🎃
my sweet Bubba baby
PRAYER LIST:
For an end to the conflict in the Ukraine and other areas of the world living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence. For anyone sick, suffering, in pain or fear... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the dark everywhere. For all those suffering from weather events and turmoil in our world. For a couple of girlfriends going through some hard times right now. 🙏





