Monday, September 11, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday



Good morning and happy Monday Friends ☀️ 🍁

I haven't done an official HHM since late August. It got kind of busy around here, but happy officially Fall and the start of all the "ber" months - my favorite! 

We had a busy but very fun weekend. Matt's folks were up here to visit. They stay over at Matt's old house (as he's not renting it yet). We spent a lot of time with them doing meals, going out to dinner, visiting, playing cards. Matt and I also did our usual errands, went to church etc. We had a really fun day over at Matt's yesterday watching football with them a lot of the day. Matt and his Dad are big football guys. Our Packers won!! Jordan Love looked great and so did a lot of the team. There was so much speculation with Rodgers being gone. I know it's VERY early and who knows how the whole season will go. But it sure was nice to have low expectations and then be pleasantly surprised by how well the game went! And the Vikes lost - always a bonus (sorry Deb πŸ˜‰ )

I brought over a slow cooker of sweet and sour meatballs & veggies - the recipe is so good and you can find it under my recipe tab or you can click here.  Served over rice with cashews for crunch on top. I also made a pan of caramel cashew bars. We had fresh veggies and dip and chips and munchies and just grazed and cheered and visited all day. So relaxing and fun! I will share some recipes that I meant to share last week - this week on cooking Thursday. 

I am thinking of 9/11 today and can't believe it's been 22 years already! I'm holding up in prayer all of those families and loved ones still mourning extra today. And all of those affected by the devastating earthquake in Morocco! So sad. 😒 πŸ™ 

Today feels gray and chilly and somber and there are chances of rain. It seems fitting for a 9/11 anniversary and sadness in the world. It also makes me want to bake and feel cozy. So I think in a bit I will light some candles and use up the zucchini in my fridge that my Mom gave me. Make a few loaves of bread - a sweet one (Annie loves) and a savory one (Matt loves) πŸ’— 




        










THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:






























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


I have been on a yogurt kick, but today I had a pumpkin spice donut from a box Matt's Mom gave us this weekend. So good! I had it with a nice cup of hot coffee and some oatmilk coffee cake creamer. Sometimes a chilly morning calls for indulgence. ;) 















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

errands, Annie's volleyball, going to a gf's daugther's soccer game, bringing some things to my Mom's, keeping on workouts πŸ’ͺ , groceries later in the week, out with a friend one evening, hospice work















THINKING ABOUT:  

Getting my Fall decorations out! I still haven't done that and it's time!! 
πŸπŸŒΎπŸ§‘πŸ‚ 





















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

I did a lot of cleaning already this AM. I want to do a few more things and get in a workout before I do some baking. Windows are open. It's nice and cool in a wonderful way. I'm listening to peaceful Celtic music at the moment.





















CURRENTLY READING

Autumn magazines right now



















ON THE TV TODAY:

HGTV shows, When Calls the Heart, Big Brother, AGT, Better Call Saul, Halloween Baking Championship starts tonight, Hallmark movies

















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY - leftover sweet & sour meatballs & veggies over rice and topped with cashews



TUESDAY - creamy wild rice & potato soup w/bacon and cheese toppings, fresh veggies, zucchini bread (will make tomato soup for Annie)



WEDNESDAY -  whole grain pasta with lemon herb ricotta sauce, roasted broccoli with lemon and parm



THURSDAY - pasties, fresh veggies



FRIDAY -  out for dinner



















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

get out Fall decorations, look up recipes, craft



















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:




















FROM THE CAMERA:




Annie's volleyball team had a tourney this past weekend and took 1st place! πŸ† 😊 




I took Annie to get her ears double pierced last week (she just decided she wanted that) and we got amazing malts, after, at a local place that's only open seasonally and well loved in our area. We brought Matt one too. Had to get them while they are still open! πŸ˜‹ 






My Mom and step Dad live in such a cute building and many people decorate their doors and little areas around them for each season. This is my Mom's - so cute. 😍 





caramel cashew bars from our big football day πŸ˜‹ 












Annie had another grad photo shoot session with her Auntie. Annie likes me to go with too and share any ideas. It was a chilly evening and not quite the sunny beachy we were hoping for...but there was kind of a beauty in the gray and moody too. They're all turning out so pretty so far! Planning a final shoot (Autumn one) in early October too. 





new teas for Fall - pumpkin spice and apple pie chai 





Still settling in great with Bubba here  - Ruby and Bubba both often like to be on one of us at the same time (both a little jealous to share attention yet - Lol)
















PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflict in the Ukraine and other areas of the world living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain or fear... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the dark everywhere. 

For all those suffering from weather events and turmoil in our world. Especially those in Morocco. And for those grieving extra on this anniversary of 9/11. πŸ™ 





















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I hope your week starts out beautifully and you have a wonderful one ahead! I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

8 comments:

  1. Now listen, my summer season has 12 days left! LOL. Actually, the fall weather feels pretty nice around here as well. Glad your Packers won, we won't talk about my team.SIGH. I, too, was thinking of 9/11 this morning. Loved seeing all your photos and your mom's door looks so pretty. Hope you have a wonderful, cozy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your inspiration - I'm such a BER girl too and wait all summer for it to happen. If it could be BER all year long I'd be forever happy :D

    The pictures of Annie are turning out so nice - I really like the "grayness" to this set and especially like the one of her with her back to the tree and the ones on the dock.

    It's so cute how Ruby and Bubba are "settling in" together. Bubba does look a bit jealous of Ruby and her dad.

    I'm looking forward to being back into a routine and be able to catch up on some cooking Thursday posts and recipes from over the summer.

    Have a WONDERFUL week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute pics of Annie!
    I made your meat ball recipe before and now that I see it, I need to make it again! Perfect for this weather - which is really starting to feel more like Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carrie, I picked out your Annie right away in the team photos :) She is growing up so beautiful. What a lovely way your mother decorates her doorway - I can see where you inherited your flair for style! Twenty-two years already? We can all remember that awful day - we woke in the morning to the shocking news on TV. It changed the world, more even than Covid, I think. I too pray for world peace - we sure need it. Have a beautiful week in your corner of the world dear Carrie. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL about the Vikings. Yeah, starting with a loss sucks. We couldn't even watch the game because DirecTV is still in dispute with the company that owns the channel it was on. We don't have Sunday Ticket this year either because it went to YouTube. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to Annie for winning their game, my great niece has just started playing she is a freshman in High School and her mom posted a video of her playing, so nice to see that since we live so far from family.
    Hubby bought some pumpkin cinnamon rolls and they aren't too bad, fun to have those seasonal goodies every now and then.
    We were so busy this weekend that I forgot to have hubby get the decorations down for me, tonight is going to be busy too, so hopefully we can both get our decorations up this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are a football family here too! Although we can't seem to agree lol. I have some Dolphin, Commander, Panther and Cowboys fans in my house! The kids are actually okay with the Packers now that Rogers is gone lol. It's certainly NFL season in full swing! Your girl is gorgeous, and so are her photographs! I like the 'ber' months as well, although it is still almost 90 here :( Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures of annie. the one on the pier is the one I like the most. The malts look delicious. and I love your menu this week. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete