Hello Friends
Happy Monday!
It's finally warming up a bit here in the northwoods. It feels like such a welcome gift after how cold it had been lately.
We had a lovely weekend here. We worked on clearing more things out of Matt's house to get it ready to rent. Matt and I went to Saturday evening mass. Then my bestie Mrs. C. came over to have Chinese food and watch the Packers with us. Mr. C had to work at an event for volleyball (he coaches his daughter's team and helps run a local program) It was such a fun and exciting game to watch! We unfortunately couldn't pull off the win - but we had a phenomenal season for being such a young team.
Then Sunday we went and watched The C's daughter play in a volleyball tourney, and came home to watch the other playoff football and how's about those Chiefs, Jean? Pretty impressive and fun to watch We did our usuals getting things done around the house, I read lots on my kindle (on to my 2nd book of the year - I'm on fire! Lol) and did more of my exercising as I'm getting more into a regular routine. 💪🏻
Today the sun is shining - it looks to be a more mild week ahead and I'm ready to dive into it all. I hope you are too. :)
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:
60 calorie activia yogurt, coffee
ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:
Annie's hockey games, a meeting at her school to be on the committee for senior night again this year, dinner with my Mom one night, errands & some groceries, hospice work
THINKING ABOUT:
Doing the blogaversary drawing tomorrow. Please go to my post about it and enter if you haven't! First name drawn will get this:
2nd name drawn will get this:
I will draw the names and post tomorrow. Don't need to be a blogger to enter! And you don't need to be in the U.S. Please go join so I can have chance to thank you for being a reader and friend and supporter. 💚
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
I finally took down the rest of Christmas and just left up some of the greenery, snowmen, deer etc. And put out some of my Valentine's decorations. 💕
CURRENTLY READING
I decided I wanted to read another Beth Moran novel so I'm reading Christmas Every Day
ON THE TV TODAY:
The Crown (almost done), Jeopardy, Gilmore Girls episodes, Miss Scarlet and the Duke, All Creatures Great and Small, Shark Tank, Matt & I are watching Fool Me Once on Netflix and it's a fun murder mystery series we're both enjoying so far
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY - leftover tacos
TUESDAY - whole grain pasta with marinara and Italian chicken meatballs, roasted broccoi with lemon & parm
WEDNESDAY - not sure yet for rest of the week (groceries) ?
THURSDAY - ?
FRIDAY - maybe out for dinner
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
work more on clean/organize my kitchen, read, watch a movie or fun series
TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
FROM THE CAMERA:
We had fun indulging in Chinese food dinner and reese's pb chip brownies when we cheered on the Pack!
But these are the low cal treats I'm usually eating these days: chocolate rice cake with a little melted marshmallow, chocolate drizzle & a few butterscotch chips - total about 100 calories
Speaking of treats...I thought you might get a kick out of the wedding cake topper I ordered for us. They will be customizing the hair to be more like our colors - but you gotta love the Packers touches!! 😍 Lol I'm doing sunflowers as a main theme to our wedding - so fits the colors well too - golden yellow with some greenery. 😉💚💛
❤️❤️❤️
I loved how this chickadee hung out forever in the middle of the birdseed wreath. Made himself right at home & was so cute! And I especially loved when Bubba thinks he's a stealth hunter by hiding behind the curtain panel when there are a bunch of birds in the window. 😁
PRAYER LIST:
For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence. Prayers for the recent shooting in Iowa. For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere. For Matt's Mom to be fully healed from her cancer, and that her treatments continue to go well. Extra love to her for her birthday today too! And for his Dad also dealing with some health issues right now 🙏















