Hello Friends!
It feels like forever since I've popped in to say hello. First of all:
Now for a long update. Grab a cup of tea and snuggle in.
It has been such a fun relaxing holiday season and I soaked up every minute. Matt had a change with his job - so he no longer needs to travel. He's purely consulting now. It's amazing because it means as long as he has wi-fi he can work from anywhere. So we will be able to go spend lots of time visiting Annie when she's away at school next year. Or our family in AZ. We can take the pets with us and rent an air b&b and go for long periods of time if we want. Total game changer! :)
And since his positioned changed he was in limbo a lot over these past several weeks...meaning he was free from working! So we got to spend so much wonderful time together!! It's been dreamy. We hosted several Christmas gatherings. And we had the most fun impromptu gift opening night with the kiddos on the 23rd. We were supposed to open on Christmas Eve morning - but we had a family gathering earlier in the day on the 23rd and my son hung out here the whole rest of the day. So we decided to do our exchange that night while he was still here. We put on Christmas music - had the house all aglow and the love I saw between my kiddos and Matt was the greatest gift of all. They were so mutually thoughtful in gifts to each other. And all the funny goofy stuff Matt got for the kids that I didn't even know about - that were so perfect for them and some of their favorite things. Not to mention feeling so spoiled myself from Matt and my kids! Matt and Aaron especially made me cry with a couple extra special heartfelt gifts. We laughed, talked, ate treats and our gift opening lasted 2 hours! We finished at 11 PM. Lol The next day Christmas Eve brunch with other family and my kids again, and then mass that night was so beautiful (I didn't get any pics mass time though) And on Christmas day (which is often tough because my kids are gone that whole day with their dad) - Matt surprised me with matching sweaters that said 'Go Jesus, It's your Birthday ' Ha! 😋 and he made homemade donuts to go with our coffee. Then thought of fun games and movies for us to watch. It has all felt like one of the most special Christmases I can remember.
Over the long break Matt and I also played endless card games, games with the kiddos, yahtzee...and on and on. We had movie marathons. We went for walks. We went out to the movies (both the new Hunger Games movie and Wonka were great!!) It has been awesome! We also rang in the new year by going to a fun hockey game with my son, his Jill, and friend Nathan. Then came home and got dressed up and went out for a late fancy dinner. Then came home and put on pj's and watched the Packers game we taped and cheered their victory just in time to ring in the new year at midnight. We have been hosting my daughter's bf here visiting from FL and it was so fun to finally get some snow for him to enjoy during his stay. He's a sweet kiddo and it's fun hanging out with them, going out to dinner, cooking at home and playing games. It's been tough getting back to a routine and real life - but I finally feel ready to get back to it and jump into so many plans I have for 2024!!
Do you do resolutions? I don't do those, but I typically did a word for the year. But this year I'm just doing a list of things I'm going to keep and learn and grow on for 2024. And what I'm going to let go of and leave behind back in 2023. Yay for a bright shiny new year and the magic of fresh starts! Now that I've done a long word dump of catch up on life here - I thought I'd share a photo dump too. I hope to get around to visit you all soon. And I plan to be back to normal blogging next week.
2024 Blessings to you!
Now buckle up for lots of pics:






























Carrie! This is just the best post!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had such a wonderful Christmas. Some of those gifts made me tear up too. So thoughtful, both the kids and Matt. And Matt is such a romantic. :)
His new job position is so exciting!
No snow here, it's been so strange having it green outside. But I'm sure it's coming.
Happy New Year!
Aww! I am so glad to hear you had such a magical Christmas! Sounds like Matt really knows how to make your heart happy! I know just being with your friends and family was the best part! Such great pictures, and I cannot wait to hear how you made some of these recipes!
ReplyDeleteDear Carrie, thank you for sharing such a beautiful post. You and Matt had a wonderful Christmas, so thoughtful in every way. Love the gifts, and the special things Matt does for you. May your life together continue to be blessed. How beautiful the snow looks - I never tire of looking at your pictures. Happy New Year dear friend. xoxox
ReplyDeleteHAPPY NEW YEAR my friend. May 2024 be the best yet! I LOVE the photo dump, but especially the ornament from Aaron and the picture from Matt - both so sweet! I can't wait to see that new dip recipe - it sounds amazing. I am so happy for you that life is becoming more and more of what you deserve.
ReplyDelete