Monday, May 13, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday



Good morning sweet Friends! 

For those of you that celebrated Mother's Day this past weekend, I hope you had a very blessed day. We were graced with such an amazing day weather-wise - so that was a bonus treat on top of a day that I felt very loved and pampered...as well as working to pamper those I love too. 


It was a lovely weekend overall. Friday our favorite sushi place opened back up after it had burned down a year or so ago. So we went there along with Annie and her buddy. Such good food! We had really missed it. 

Saturday was my sweet Annie's birthday. 💝
When she got up we gave her gifts - Matt had even gotten his own little funny gift for her and "dad joke" card. He's always done that for both of my kids and I know I say it a lot - but that's one of the things that melts my heart the most. The incredibly sweet relationship he has with my kiddos all on his own. 

Then we took her out for brunch (per here request), along with a friend of hers. Then she went out that night with her dad. So Saturday night Matt & I went to evening mass and then out on a date with the C's to a musical that a fellow friend of ours had directed at a local high school - and then out for dinner. It was such a cute show and a very fun night. 😋 

Sunday my Mom and Bro and SIL came over and we celebrated Mother's Day and Annie's birthday with them. My son was at his sweet Jill's college graduation out-of-town, so we're celebrating with him later. But he texted me first thing and called me later in the evening. I felt spoiled all day. Matt did lots of housework that day and helped so much with the little party and gave me a beautiful card and a gift card for a greenhouse (yay flower time!). And Annie showered me with many gifts (geesh) and a card that went to my heart and meant so much. The greatest gift, and purpose, in my life is being a Mom. I'm so grateful to God for that gift. 

 Sunday afternoon we played games, sat outside in the gorgeous 77 degree sunshine and visited, had appetizers, then had Annie's favorite pizza place for dinner and I made the cake she requested for dessert (a homemade chocolate cake with cherry filling and homemade buttercream frosting). 

I can't believe my baby is now 18 and will be heading to college this Fall. I don't know where the time goes, but I swear it feels like it evaporates like vapor the way it flies so fast! 






















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
































ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

sugar free salted caramel iced coffee (fasting)



















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

work on final decorations for Annie senior class party, go put together senior party event with other committee members (I headed up decorations committee), lunch with a gf, get Annie's grads mailed, errands, hospice work





















THINKING ABOUT:  

lots of activities ahead that my brain swirls with....but what I really keep daydreaming about is getting my flowers, veggies and herbs and digging in the dirt. :) 🌸




















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

Lovely sunny day out, I see sweet Mother's Day and birthday cards, as well as happy birthday banner, still displayed. But everything else is all cleaned up and tidy from our little party here. 





















CURRENTLY READING

recently picked up more magazines 🙈
But will be diving back into a book soon - have many lined up




















ON THE TV TODAY:

Jeopardy (& Masters),  The Good Wife,  The Good Doctor, The Rookie, Grey's Anatomy, Survivor,  When Calls the Heart





















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:




    MONDAY -  leftover pizza & a pasta salad I made this AM



TUESDAY - crispy buffalo chicken sandwiches with potato wedges & blue cheese dressing, salad (HF meal)



WEDNESDAY - crunchy cheeseburger salad with monterey jack cheese & special sauce (HF meal)




THURSDAY - beef & zucchini baked penne with garlic bread & roasted broccoli (HF meal)




FRIDAY -  leftovers or out?












  





TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

go for walks, play pickleball, maybe go hit golf balls, read in the sun























TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
























FROM THE CAMERA:

our first bear visitor of the season popped by recently



my sweet Ruby girl 





How is my baby 18, when just yesterday she looked like this? 


She even made the grad wall now 💗








We've had some lovely weather lately and even the northern lights came out to play one night











Mother's Day was glorious weather out and we even took a while to sit outside and visit and enjoy all the dandelions in the yard and the lovely day. And I felt the loving sentiments right to my heart from all of my people. 😊💕








I felt so spoiled, but also tried to spoil my Mom too. I made one of her faves as an appetizer (crab dip) and Annie had given me this lovely charcuterie board that morning, and I loaded it up with yummy fruit, crackers, nuts, mixed, ranch dip for veggies etc to serve for the evening. And she also got me this neat chopper and this awesome clicker page turner for my kindle. The perfect pampering gift. I can prop up my kindle and lay down and with a button turn the pages of my book. Ha! She so spoiled me more than she should have that stinker. 💗💗💗


Love the sassy face I get first when I ask her to smile. Lol And because I made her wear her "18" tiara. 😂




And just like that....with a wish and blowing out of the candles...my last baby is an adult. Waaa (hold me please? 😢)








Had to share that they served our sushi in a cool big boat. Lol And this is the show that our friend directed and we went to on our date night with the C's 

Wonderful weekend of fun and the blessings of family and friends - doesn't get better. :) 















PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere. For the upcoming graduation of so many kiddos. That they be blessed and their futures be so bright! 
🙏🏻🌟





















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I hope you have an amazing week ahead! I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.




 

9 comments:

  1. They grow up SO fast! My baby is 24 and living in another state :( I'm glad you had such a nice Mother's Day! Let me know how you like the kindle page turner - I've been thinking about getting one! Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful weekend you had!
    I can't believe Annie is 18 and about to go to college. Your kids were young when I first met you here, and look at them now!
    I love that Matt is so good to them. Certainly a sign of a great guy!
    I see you are taunting me with a bear again. :)
    The Northern lights showed up big time here too - and we missed them! I was awake and reading a book, then peeked at FB before I went to bed and was astounded by the pics. Of course they were done them, and barely showed up the next night. I was so irritated!
    Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Annie! Looks like it was a great one! Sounds like so much fun was packed into this past week! Happy Belated Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great catch of the nothern lights! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy and Blessed Birthday to your girl!!!!! What a wonderful celebration for her. Nice job, Mom! Hugs for your heart. They do grow up, dang it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday to your daughter!! Her cake looks delicious. They grow up too fast! My daughter turned fifteen in March and I can hardly believe it! She'll always be my baby girl though! Happy Belated Mother's Day to you, as well. Ruby looks like the sweetest girl by the way! I just love dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, above comment was from me! I wasn't logged in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to Annie! wow 18 already. Yummy looking cake. Haha your toaster info was totally new to me too! I'm glad you got to enjoy the weather on your beautiful porch, what a view... but bears might be too close for my liking :) Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  9. The time sure does go by quickly doesn't it, you all had wonderful weekend full of all kinds of celebration! Hope she enjoys all the endings of her High school years!! Hope you have another great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete