Strawberry plant at the top. The other 2 pics are of my lemon balm. I LOVE the way it smells! And it makes a lovely tea - that's why I thought I'd be cheeky and plant it in the teacup planter. 😉 It's also fun to add it to the little flowers I put in my kitchen window...pretty greenery with wonderful smell. 🍋 Yay for fruits of summer to come!



Fun photos! I've never smelled lemon balm. I'll have to look for it in the greenhouse.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mari! I love lemon balm so much - just to rub some between my fingers in the mornings watering the plants is heavenly. Such a wonderful lemon smell. I have lemon thyme too and it's SO good in any chicken dishes (& any Italian dishes too). If you can't tell - I have a thing for lemon though. Lol xo
DeleteWe've waited so long to enjoy 'the fruits of summer', haven't we? Your sweet pots are darling. I have lemon balm that escaped and grows wild everywhere! I love the scent, too. It's great in fruit salad. Oh, and who can resist strawberry shortcake... love this time of year. Hope your weekend is relaxing and warm. Hugs xo K
ReplyDeleteThanks Karen! Yes, always feels so wonderful to enjoy the summer fruits when they finally get here. I adore lemon as you can tell too. Lol I never thought about putting it in fruit salad - totally trying that now. Thanks for the tip! xo
DeleteWe use to have strawberries but I didn't know how to prune them correctly and they kind of died out, but ever since we have had wild strawberries all over our yard
ReplyDelete