Monday, June 3, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday



Happy Monday Friends and Happy June! Summer is here. ☀️💛




I can't believe how fast the time is flying. It's already June! My sweet baby girl graduates in less than a week and our wedding is only 4 months away!! Aacck!! Someone send oxygen my way I'm feeling faint. Lol  Lots of wonderful things...but all bring a lot of emotions as well. In the best ways though. :) 

It was a lovely weekend here. We went golfing and out for sushi with Annie on Friday. Got things done around the house, did some shopping and went to church on Saturday. Yesterday we spent time with my Dad and step Mom. They're back from AZ and we did belated Mother's Day and early Father's Day because we won't be able to get together on Father's Day. We had a BBQ over here -and both kiddos here too. We played some games and did lots of visiting and catch up. I wish I'd remember to take more pics in those moments! But I was living in the moment last night and we had a lot of fun. That's the main thing, right? 

Now on to the busy week ahead....























THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:



























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

fasted - only sugar free iced coffee



















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

errands, dinner with a gf, road trip w/ Annie & gf for a wedding dress shop appt, Annie's ivy laureate day before graduation, grad errands, Annie's graduation night, hospice work




















THINKING ABOUT:  

How I need to leave my good camera and my video camera out somewhere instead of the closet so I capture more moments - especially with our aging parents!

And thinking about dress appt this week. I'm down about 17 lbs now but I have extra help and will be losing lots more before the wedding in September, so I'll need to find something that can be altered. 🤔




















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

Nice sunny, although looks like storms tomorrow. Everything is extra clean because Matt & I shampooed all of the carpets yesterday. Such a great feeling to have done. And we got new rugs for the back hall and hot wet mopped all the hard floors and just getting late Spring cleaning jobs done. I've already done all the dishes and clean up from party last night too. Looks so clean and summery with sun shining in and summer decorations up in the house. 🌸☀️ 





















CURRENTLY READING

going back to finish a book I hadn't previously and still reading magazines




















ON THE TV TODAY:

 The Good Wife (almost done - in 6th season, one more to go),  When Calls the Heart, America's Got Talent, HGTV and cooking shows, movies taped





















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:




    MONDAY -  leftovers from BBQ (steak, corn on the cob, veggie tortellini pasta salad, watermelon, brownies)



TUESDAY - breakfast for dinner - french toast with peach cobbler syrup, fruit, bacon




WEDNESDAY - grilled sandwiches, veggies & dip




THURSDAY - not sure yet?




FRIDAY -  not sure yet?

















  







TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

walks, read, deck time























TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:

I think I shared this before but I'll share again. I recently got a new diffuser and some new essential oils....so that's what made me remember it. You can use a few drops of essential oil in some baking soda and then sprinkle it on the carpet before you vacuum. It works like an odor neutralizer and freshens the carpet while giving a nice scent. 




















FROM THE CAMERA:







A little golf and sushi time with 2 of my favorite peeps:











I'm so grateful that I finally have peony buds after transplanting some of my former MIL's years ago! It took 3 years to get buds. These flowers are an extra treasure to me, because she loved them so. I still miss her so much. 💗





Love the glow of all the solar lanterns that come on at night around the house. 







More scenes around the house: Bubb's checking out the wildlife outside, more fairies including one of my step Mom's gifts was the little orange pot of flowers I planted and added a fairy and sign to.







Watermelon is such a taste of summer - do you agree? I love mine with a little tajin sprinkled on top. So good!! 



















PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere. For the upcoming graduation of so many kiddos. That they be blessed and their futures be so bright! For Matt's Dad's heart procedure to go well and his folks can still get to the lake this summer. 🙏🏻





















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Happy week ahead Friends! I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.




 


7 comments:

  1. Such fun things ahead for you! I'm so happy about that!
    Your house is squeaky clean. Mine could use that too.
    We have peonies that look so healthy but will not bloom. Bob's tried planting them shallower and deeper, but still nothing. Makes us crazy!
    I think I need to get some watermelon now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, lovely lady! Happy times for you!!! Enjoy your sweet girl's graduation time. It all goes so quickly! Love your flowers too. Have a cozy evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great things coming up this week! Glad you could have some quality time with your dad and step-mom this week. Looks like a fun weekend! The flowers are absolutely gorgeous! So special that you have one from your granny's garden. My mama has some daylilies from one of my great-aunt's and I just love seeing them come back each year. I hope you have a wonderful week! And YES to watermelon! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear Carrie I'm loving ALL the summer blooming around your house, especially the cherished peonies! So many exciting things coming your way my friend - cherish all these moments as they fly by. Such a smart idea on your dress idea. No matter what you choose I know you'll make an absolutely stunning bride. LOVE that Bubba picture, he's so intense. I'm actually sitting here eating some really delicious watermelon as I read, so I couldn't agree more. Have a WONDERFUL week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh wedding is coming up quickly! Have fun and enjoy all your days. beautiful pictures. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean, when we went home I didn't get any pictures and I could kick myself but sometimes you are just in the moment and don't think of those things :) Yes time will fly by quickly, good luck on finding a dress that can be altered, or just lose weight slowly so you won't have to alter as much, I am down 15 pounds, taking it slow, I know from experience when I go hog wild on losing and drastically change things it just comes right back on because I can't go that long that way. Enjoy that graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have clearly learned to forgive and move on.

    ReplyDelete