Friday, June 14, 2024

Pickle Pizza and a Quick Strawberry Dessert



I had been eyeing up some different pickled pizza recipes for a while now. My daughter & I both love pickle flavored things. So I kind of took what I remembered from different recipes and decided to make one up with what I had around here. It turned out pretty great and Matt loved it too! I think it was just as yummy cold the next day. You can find lots of specific recipes online or pinterest. But the basis to most of them is alfredo sauce, mozzarella, pickle slices and dill. 


I just used an easy store-bought pizza crust. I brushed the crust with a little olive oil and chopped garlic and pre-baked it per the tube's instructions.





Look at those yummy pickles and all that dill! Mmmm
I then took the pre-baked crust out and put on some alfredo sauce. I topped the sauce with some dill weed spice and dill pickle chips. Then topped it all with shredded mozzarella cheese. Topped with a bit more pickle chips and little sprinkle more of dill and shredded cheese. I baked it the time it said for the crust to be done. 



By the way, I adore these pickle chips we get from Costco. They're so fresh and the brine is filled with fresh dill. They're a very fresh crunchy and cucumbery kind of pickle, if that makes sense? I think the jar of them smells like a garden. So yummy! 





We topped our slices with some parmesan cheese. Such a yummy dinner with a little side salad. 






I also made a simple dessert with just store bought dessert cake cups that I topped with berries and whipped topping. I forgot to get pics of final results. But the strawberries turned out so delish! Just slice strawberries in a bowl. Sprinkle sugar all over the top. Add a little pinch of salt. A little drizzle of vanilla and I also did some almond extract. Stir it together and let it macerate on the counter for an hour or 2. I added some lemon balm from my garden too - but even if you just end at the drizzle of vanilla these turn out great!

 I also added some of the store strawberry gel once it was all macerated together well, and then chilled it in the fridge until dessert time. Such a fresh summery dessert. 

Enjoy!
xoxo

 

5 comments:

  1. We don't like dill pickles over here, so that pizza wouldn't go well. But the strawberries look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm intrigued! I've never heard of pickle pizza! But I love pickles and pizza, so this might be a future experiment :) And those strawberries sound so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I love pickles too but not sure if I am that adventurous to try it on my pizza :) We have been eating a lot of strawberries lately too, yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the idea of a pickle pizza! I have one family of grandchildren that love pickles and I think they would really enjoy trying one! I will have to try my hand at it and see how it goes. What a great and novel idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I've never heard of a pickle pizza but I want to try this! We love pickles and this sounds delicious! Sweet strawberries look yummy too. Thank you for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete