Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Wednesday Wonder: sneak peekπŸ‘°πŸΌπŸŒΌπŸ’›

 






The dress:

There was a hiccup with the dress I had initially shared a peek of on here. And it was far more gown than I wanted. This one is perfect and still vintage in feel. 


The headpiece I'll wear:



My bouquet:



Annie has a small bouquet to match mine. She will be wearing a long navy sundress - it's so pretty.



The wedding gift Matt got me: these diamonds that match my ring and I'll be wearing them for our special day.  
I had given him the classy tag heurer watch he'd been dreaming on. πŸ’•







Matt will be wearing something a lot like this: but his pants are dark navy and his shirt is light blue. He will do a gray vest. 


This is the tie he will wear:




Aaron will be wearing a light blue shirt and navy pants. Both guys will wear a sunflower and navy boutonniere:





I got these flower decorations and tulle to decorate the arch we will be married under:





This is our card box. It's hand carved wood and has the C & M medallion also carved in wood




The champagne flutes and engraved cake cutter/server:




Real sunflower seeds to plant as favors. Also, my girlfriend that is the most amazing cookie maker is baking monogrammed cookies as favors too. 






Our cake topper, as the Packers are what brought us together in the first place:





Instead of a guest book this will be on an easel with white sharpies for folks to sign. It's also hand carved wood:






This is a photo of our venue. If the weather is cooperative we will be married in that exact spot next to the trees along Lake Superior. It will be a small ceremony. Only 30 people there. And we have a strings duo (violin and viola) playing for the ceremony and cocktail hour (all outside - hopefully). And then the formal dinner in a dining hall. Then we'll all get in comfy clothes and play lawn games and sit by fire pits along the water. There will be s'more's kits. Hopefully it will be a lovely weather night under the stars hanging with our people. And we even ordered a late night french fry bar with multiple sauces. πŸ˜‹

Don't worry - we have a plan B if bad weather (they have a lodge there)

No matter the weather or anything else, we know it will be an amazing day with our core people, and blessed by God, and that we will carry the sweet memories of it all the rest of our lives. πŸ’




I promise in the future I will also share photos after the wedding and further details then. Thank you, dear Blogland Besties, for being with me along this whole journey. Supporting me and cheerleading me on. I treasure you all and the friends you have come to be in my life. If I could I would have you all be there that day too! So I hope in some way it helps you feel a part of things too. 
xoxo




17 comments:

  1. I loved seeing all your special choices. Everything is beautiful and is so perfectly personalized. You're right, no matter the weather, the day will be perfect, with your special people around and blessed by God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! It is turning out to be very US - which is all we ever wanted...along with those so close to heart. Thank you for friendship and support and the blessings you give. :)

      Delete
  2. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. I love the dress. The bouquet. The venue. And the colors!!!! I am so happy for you, my dear, sweet friend. I will be with you in spirit and in prayer. Savor every minute. I know you will. And, one more thing. I am tickled you chose my birthday for your special day!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Billie Jo! I had my Dunkin Pumpkin today thanks to you! Thanks again (I mention it in my post today). I appreciate your friendship and the love and support you've always shown me so very much. And no way! Your bday is the 14th? Well now it's an extra special day. I pray we both feel extra blessed that weekend. :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you Lisa! We appreciate the blessings so very much. We are getting very excited!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Carrie, everything is so very beautiful. Your dress and headpiece are exquisite, and the sunflowers are magical. It will be a gorgeous day. I love the venue by Lake Superior, and every little detail, especially the music and later the fire pits and the French fry bar. It has been a treat going on your personal journey with you on the blog and I wish you and Matt every happiness on your special day and forever more. God bless you both. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Trish! I've been so grateful to have friends like you on this journey that was often very difficult. God is so good and we feel so blessed to get to start this new chapter together :)

      Delete
  5. Oh Carrie! Thank you for sharing these details! I LOVE everything about everything! The dress is stunning! All your colors, the venue, every last detail is perfect. I'm so happy for you! I wish you every bit of happiness! Enjoys these moments of excitement leading up to the big day. I will be with you in spirit! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Danielle! I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends near and far cheering us on and the details are so much of the fun of it all. I would have you all there if I could! :)

      Delete
  6. How fun to see a sneak peak into your wonderful day, it sure sounds like it is going to be the perfect day to celebrate your union, I hope the weather is just perfect for it, and like you said, even if it isn't it will be just right because it will be the day you are husband and wife, and that is all that matters !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Connie! Yes, we feel blessed to get this new chapter together - so no matter what the weather brings, we will be hand in hand laughing and enjoying it all. :)

      Delete
  7. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this sneak peek and ALL of your choices are so appealing to me and the fall season you love. Your dress is absolutely gorgeous! No wedding EVER goes exactly as planned, but rolling with that is half the fun! The celebration of your love is the BIG thing and everything else is all small stuff. ENJOY EVERY SINGLE MINUTE! :D I can hardly wait to see all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tamy! So true -nothing in life is perfect. Except that Matt is perfect for me. πŸ˜πŸ’› We look forward to enjoying the whole wonderful long weekend and I promise to share about it all in the time ahead. Have a happy birthday! :)

      Delete
  8. Ohhh my goodness! Wow! This sneak peek is awesome! I am loving the little button detailing down the side of your dress! It is so pretty! Everything is so beautiful! The cake topper…the flower seed favors! I am so excited for you and I can’t wait to see the real deal! I will be praying for perfect weather for y’all. It is going to be fabulous either way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So true that nothing is perfect in this life. Skip has always told me I was the perfect wife and when I tell him I'm far from perfect he reiterates that I'm perfect for him πŸ™ƒ I know you and Matt are "perfect" for each other. You can just see it in your faces in pictures😘 And thank you for the birthday wishes. I was born just barely after midnight on the 15th so feel like the 14th is a GREAT day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carrie, everything is so beautiful! Your dress is gorgeous! Your jewelry is stunning. You will be one beautiful bride!! I'm so excited for you! I'll be thinking of you this Saturday. Enjoy your special day! You most definitely deserve it, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete