Monday, November 11, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday


Hello and happy Monday Friends ~


First of all, Happy Veteran's Day to all who serve our country. Wishing them many blessings!🙏🏻  In my world it includes my Brother Steven(whom is now retired after more than 20 years of service and runs a team in conservation corps kind of work in our area now) and to my cousin Rollie who is still active in the Air Force as a F16 pilot. He is currently stationed with his family in Italy.

my brother was a combat medic in the green berets (in green) and Rollie in Air Force blue



my bro and SIL, Jill

Look how young my babies are in this pic ☺️



Next, I hope you had a lovely weekend! It was fun, productive, and relaxing over here in our northwoods. Matt and I went out with my brother and SIL (Steven and Jill) on Friday night for sushi. 

Then Saturday Matt & I were very productive cleaning out the shed in back of our home. It was so needed! So much old stuff in there. We pulled out everything. Put into garbage and keep piles. Some things we are holding onto until Spring and then we'll put out front as free for anyone to take. But we cleaned off shelves, Matt swept it all out and reorganized it all. Then we had tons of room to put away the deck furniture and pots and now it's all bare for the season ahead. Such a great job done! Then we went to church Saturday night and out for dinner with the C's and then back to our house to play cards. 

Then Sunday we let be a relaxing day. We have been going so much, that even though there are more home jobs to do...we both agreed we needed a veg out day. So we slept in. Watched football and movies and just soaked up the relaxation. Our Packers were on a bye so we didn't get to watch them.

I also wanted to share that I finally finished the big trip post yesterday (our Paris and QM2 trip). If you want to go back and check it out. I share pics, info, and even a croissant recipe! We feel so blessed to have been a part of such an amazing trip with our family. It's kind of funny because it was Matt and all of us chicks. Lol As he lovingly referred to it all trip: "Matt and his Golden Girls" 😁 💗 















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


















ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

I had a treat today. We had grabbed some donuts over the weekend and I had a leftover one this AM with a yummy hot coffee with cinnamon hazelnut creamer. Sometimes you have to indulge in order to keep on track ultimately, right? 😋


















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

order Christmas cards, home projects, hair appt, lunch with gf's, do paperwork with an Aunt, errands, hospice work




















THINKING ABOUT:  


How this is right around the corner! But it's going to look different this year with only one kiddo here (Annie will be down south yet) and my Bro and SIL may need to do different plans this year - so may only be my Mom here too. A very quiet cozy Thanksgiving. Still look forward to the peace and blessing of family...large or small. And the best meal of the year worth the days of work! :) Just may cut some of the amounts this year. 😉

I've also been talking to Matt about wanting to decorate for Christmas earlier this year. I usually wait until after Thanksgiving, but it's so late this year. And it's always a lot of work (labor of love) because of all I like to do. So we may dive into that in only a week or so! 


















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

It's bright, breezy and sunny. I can hear the humidifier as we finally got that running this weekend. The house gets so dry this time of year. I'm working on my to-do list for the house - for this week and cleaning projects before the holidays. I've also been updating my Christmas gift app as I think of gifts I want to add for folks. 
















CURRENTLY READING

 I haven't been reading as much - other than cookbooks and some holiday magazines because I've been obsessed with my coloring app on my ipad mini at the moment. 




There are many pages of different categories. As you can see - I especially love to color interiors and nature ones. 



















ON THE TV TODAY:

Dancing with the Stars,  Survivor,  Great British Bake Off, Jeopardy, Golden Bachelorette, Ghosts, Shark Tank, Grey's Anatomy, Love is Blind, Holiday Baking Championship, Walking Dead catch up



















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:




    MONDAY - leftovers? 




TUESDAY -  French onion soup, chef salad




WEDNESDAY - BLT's, sweet potato fries, veggies + protein dip





THURSDAY - slow cooker pork fajitas




FRIDAY -  out for dinner



*might bake a new bread recipe for butterscotch pumpkin bread made with browned butter - yum!














TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

ipad coloring, crafting, holiday planning, lunch with friends


















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:


















FROM THE CAMERA:









all cleaned up and now bare for the season - there will probably be snow on here before we know it 🙈



This furniture is made to stay out but we put it up against the house to protect it and then we don't see it when we look out at the view of the bay. We sat and took a break on it before we put it away though - we had worked up a sweat!





Not many leaves left on the trees - just a little bit of color hanging on. Birds are confused because we need to get birdseed so nothing is in there yet, but they kept visiting anyway






cozy relaxation time included nap time for Bubba and Daddy 💗













PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. For an end to the wild fires on each coast. For our Veterans and their families.❤️💙

For Christ's Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere and help the world find its way. 🙏🏻

















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


Blessings Friends! Have a wonderful week ahead. I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

9 comments:

  1. I always feel like I'm right there chatting and catching up when I read your posts! Looks like a lot of hard work and progress on that shed. Great pictures as always and such a beautiful devotional at the end. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aawww - love that Jean! Thanks so much. I treasure this time with you my Friend. I still feel blessed I was able to meet you in person! 💗 I loved that devotional too. Mother Teresa is someone I definitely cherish and love her teachings and work that she did.

      Delete
  2. Don't you love the feeling of cleaning and organizing something that's been bugging you :) Your Sunday sounds perfect too :) I love an easy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! Yes! Exactly that - such a feeling of satisfaction getting a job like that done. Blessings :)

      Delete
  3. Cleaning up and getting ready for the Holidays, yay! I am getting Christmas out early too... I want to enjoy it as much as I can. will go back to see the wedding pictures. have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucie! Yay for an extra cozy holiday season ahead!! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh we so need to do that too, we had planned to tackle the shed this past weekend but with hubby getting sick and now me don't know when we will get to it, the energy has left us for now. It always feels good when it gets done too.
    It is hard when all the family can't be together for the holidays but we are use to it being in the military and we still live 9 hours from family, and now they all have their own family get togethers.
    I will still wait for after Thanksgiving to put everything up, I just keep it up later into January when that happens :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry you folks aren't feeling well Connie! If you lived close I'd bring you soup and goodies. :) The thing about jobs, like the shed, they're always there waiting for later too. Lol
      Yay for cozy season ahead an Christmas cheer whenever we put it up. I pray you have an especially joyful (and sick-free) Christmas season ahead. Blessings. xo

      Delete
  5. Oh my did this week get away from me!! GREAT job on that shed - always a chore, but feels so good after, doesn't it? I LOVE your coloring app pages -- so so pretty! I know you're used to larger Thanksgiving celebrations, but maybe cozy will be perfect this year? Ours will be small also, but with the cold weather and so much rain, I'm actually happy about it myself. Have a blessed week my friend and I will see you tomorrow. XOXO

    ReplyDelete