Wednesday, November 13, 2024

Wednesday Wonder: Bring on the Cozy

 



Tis cozy season Friends! ✨

A time in the northwoods for bundling up for walks or to enjoy the outdoors in general. We're pulling out the puffy warm coats and fuzzy hats and mitts. 


We're enjoying sunsets that drop into the bare solitude of a quiet bay and a stark silhouette of tree line.  We watch as the moon rises and shines on our cold nights, blessing us with its dreamy beauty.







It's also time that the bears are going into hibernation. So it's once again safe to bring out the bird feeders and give some sustenance to our adorable feathery friends. The sweet little chickadees were around in abundance today. And so Bubba is, of course, back to his perch. Watching his favorite nature program like Matt & I watch Survivor - who will win the battle to get fed the best and stay on the perch longer than the rest? How might I catch them and win? 😁

And the bits that get scattered to the deck feed the squirrels that come roaming with their big fluffy tails. Often times one will stand on the ledge of the window wanting so badly to find a way to reach the holy grail of the feeder itself. But it's just too far out of reach. So they have to be satisfied with the scattered bits and they jump down and gobble them up - sometimes to Ruby's amusement, and sometimes speaking to her territorial nature she will bark them all away. It's endless entertainment to watch them both. 









And one of the best parts of this chilly season is the cozy of the indoors. Where I'll go to the kitchen each night - light a candle for extra cozy - and make something warm and hearty for dinner. Matt & I especially love that it's soup season! There's nothing like smelling something wonderful as it simmers on the stove bubbling away - knowing you're going to get fed down to your soul with something 'mmm 'mmm good. 😋 The other night it was rich and sweet French onion soup topped with golden broiled cheesy provolone toasts I had baked up in the oven. Alongside a meaty chef salad with lots of good veggies. A hearty soup and a salad is a staple throughout the winter in the northwoods. 🍲




I hope wherever you are, that you're enjoying the cozy in your own ways. It's a state of mind really. Do you have a favorite activity or meal you love this time of year? 

Blessings
xoxo


3 comments:

  1. Oh Carrie, how enticing it all is. I love the fun of Ruby with the squirrels and the birds, and would want to watch all day. Gorgeous sunsets and lovely delicious warm food. Thank you for sharing.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these pictures! I LOVE that Bubba appears to be eyeing Ruby's bed :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. After a gloomy few weeks, the temperature has dropped suddenly here. We have snow on the higher fells and more is expected this week. It's a frosty start to the week and I'll need to wrap up warm today.
    Soup sounds delicious. Xx

    ReplyDelete