Monday, November 18, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday


Hello and happy Monday Friends ~


I hope you had a fun weekend! 💗

We spent ours out-of-town visiting my Aunt Mary Jo. She moved almost 2 years ago from our area to St. Joseph, MN. It's such an adorable town next to a bigger city. She lives on a college campus (a little section of senior housing there) and her home is so cute. She's involved on the campus with the nuns there and helping in the chapels etc. And I love that we could walk to the local coffee shop for lunch, did some grocery shopping at the co-op, and even some holiday shopping in a cute Christmas shop. She lives less than a mile from lots of neat things like that. While we walked we heard the chapel bells ringing on the campus and it was very pleasant out. Kind of feels like a Hallmark movie in her area. Lol

She wanted to put me on some bank paperwork (she doesn't have any kids) and it needed to be during work day hours. So Matt and I made a weekend of it to get visiting time with her too. We had visited her earlier this year too. She's loving it there and we always have fun with her. We also helped her with picking out some new furniture for her place, as she was in need of it. She said she is "no good with design things" and wanted my "expertise". Lol  She's always been an extra special Auntie in my life and I love that she only lives a few hours away. 

We also went out to dinner one night at a fun hibachi place Matt knew, we hung out and played games, went for walks, and just visited and caught up. Then Sunday came too fast and it was time to head home and we listened to the Packers game in the car on the drive. Kind of an ugly win, but we'll take it! 😁 Hey Jean, did you see we pulled a KC for our game ender this week?😂

Then last night the C's invited us to a favorite local pizza place for a little family gathering to celebrate their youngest daughter's bday. So we hung out with them and their relatives and had pizza and cake. Yummy and fun! Not a bad way to end a weekend! 😋 

Now on to this week ahead...















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:




















ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

coffee with sugar-free peppermint mocha creamer, half a bagel (will be back to fasting tomorrow) 


















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

Christmas shopping with my Mom, decorating here and helping at her place, lunch out with a friend, work on Christmas lights outside, hospice work



















THINKING ABOUT:  

mainly holiday lists on the brain: Thanksgiving and Christmas (meals, shopping plans, decorating, gifts etc)


I've caught the bug, and especially since Thanksgiving is so late, I'm going to decorate (or be working on it) before Thanksgiving this year. 


so excited to get the Christmas vibes going ✨

















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

I'm currently listening to kind of a vintage Christmas music station and Bing Crosby is singing about Holly & Ivy. I also hear the hum of the humidifier. I'm wearing my cozy sweatshirt as it's chilly this morning. It's sunny but there's frost on our deck and on the rooftops of our neighbor's homes. I love how frost glistens like diamonds in the sun. 😍 

I'm looking at all the Fall decorations and I think of all the work ahead of me to put it all away, clean (want to shampoo carpets too), and then haul out all the Christmas stuff - and I have A LOT! 🙈 Thank goodness for the help of a strong Hubby! 


















CURRENTLY READING

need to get back to my book - but still reading holiday magazines and some cookbooks for holiday recipes ahead 


















ON THE TV TODAY:

Dancing with the Stars,  Survivor,  Great British Bake Off, Jeopardy, Ghosts, Shark Tank, Grey's Anatomy, Love is Blind, Holiday Baking Championship, Walking Dead catch up



















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:




    MONDAY - marinara +meatballs over healthy noodles, foccacia, roasted Italian broccoli




TUESDAY -  clean out fridge




WEDNESDAY - maybe breakfast for dinner - egg bake or scramble





THURSDAY - slow cooker pork fajitas (didn't make last week cuz of trip and froze the roast)




FRIDAY -  out for dinner with C's and local hockey game



*might bake a new bread recipe for butterscotch pumpkin bread made with browned butter - yum!
















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

ipad coloring, crafting, Christmas decorating 


















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:

We know this well in the northwoods. If you are wondering about the cat litter, it's to add grip for your tires if you're stuck in an icy spot.

















FROM THE CAMERA:

some of the fabric samples we brought back to test colors in my Aunt's home



Matt caught pics of our hibachi time!





These pics are outside my Aunt's back door. I was out with her when we let her dog Luna out. The moon was so pretty. That's her cozy back door and I love the warm light looking inside. :) 


And this was out her front door. The HOA puts up Christmas lights in the neighborhood each year and they had just put them up that day:



And of course our furry babies were so happy when we got home and we had some nap time together late Sunday afternoon. 



I was taking a pic of the sunset from in the house and I loved how the reflection of lamplight was reflected in it













PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. 

For Christ's Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere and help the world find its way. 🙏🏻


















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


There is rain in our immediate forecast and then cold temps and snow in our extended forecast. I have a feeling winter may be settling in very soon. Bring on the cozy! 



found these cozy vibe pics on pinterest


Have a wonderful week ahead friends and all my blogging Besties! I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

14 comments:

  1. Glad you got to spend time with your aunt - precious moments. I'm with you on ALOT of Christmas decor.. I do want to cut back some but with grandkids it's magical to them that there is so much. Enjoy your week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lucie! I hear you -every year I think I'll cut down on decorating and every year I don't. Lol

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you enjoyed a lovely visit with your Aunt (and who wouldn't want to live in a Hallmark movie 😁)
    We're forecast snow here, overnight, but often it only settles on the fell tops, so we'll have to wait and see.
    I can't wait to see all your Christmas decorations. I'm still at the 'thinking about it' stage of my preparations. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules! I'll keep you posted on the Christmas decor ahead. It has slowly begun. It's more about the cleaning right now. Lol

      Delete
  3. Your weekend sounds wonderful! I know your aunt really appreciates you and your help.
    I was just thinking about Christmas decor. So many people have it up already and I think I need to get going. So much to do!
    I did just get my cards ordered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! I have our Christmas cards now and love how they turned out. I do think many got the memo to decorate early this year. Lol I'm still a work in progress over here but it has begun..

      Delete
  4. What a fun weekend, with special times with your aunt Mary Jo, and pizza with friends. It looks like your aunt has found the perfect senior housing, something in which we are increasingly interested. What a pretty place, with the Christmas lighting, and the sweetest back porch. You are so kind to help with the decor, and I bet she loves it. Very cute cozy vibe pics - we have to do pretend snow here for Christmas :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish! My Aunt does live in the sweetest area and it was fun to see how even there they were getting ready for the holiday season already. Sending chilly snowflake thoughts your way! :)

      Delete
  5. So glad you had a good visit with your aunt. I love all of my aunts and treasure the times we spend together. Her house is very cozy! And the hibachi dinner looks great! Sounds like a fun weekend all around! Looks like it's going to be cold where you are this week! Eeks! Haha! I love that little vintage Christmas card. SO beautiful! I guess I will be waiting until the day after Thanksgiving to start decorating, but so many people I know have already started. I'm loving seeing what they come up with. Our town is already lit up as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Mandy! I usually wait until after Thanksgiving - it's unusual for me to be doing it...but I think it's because Thanksgiving is so late this year and I'm excited for the holidays to come as a new bride. :) My in-law's are coming to visit in December too!

      Delete
  6. Your aunt's town sounds wonderful! Her house is so cozy from the backdoor :) I have a favorite aunt too, but she is about 5 hours away. And I knew right away what the cat litter was for :) We have friends who live in Cleveland and they had "winter beater" cars that they only drove in winter, due to all the salt on the roads. Do y'all do that too? Throwing warm supplies in the car is so smart! We are finally getting some "cold" temps here, but they only last a few days and then it's back up to the 80's. Texas is crazy. Who are you rooting for on DWTS? I'm team Joey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Debbie! Some folks do have "beater" cars for the cold season - but we don't. It's very prevalent to make sure you have a 4-wheel drive vehicle where I live. I'm cheering for Joey too! Love that he is so charismatic and should be an actor! I like Danny too as he's kind of the underdog. And Ilona because I love how she's finding a whole other side of herself. It's been really fun this season!

      Delete
  7. So nice you were able to go visit her and help her out with things that needed to get done, I am sure she is so thankful since she doesn't have kids of her own. Oh how I am not looking forward to winter, but I wouldn't want to live in Florida either where there is no sign of winter.
    yes there is a lot of work putting up and taking down decorations but I do love the mood it gives to each season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Connie! I feel a lot like you Connie! I wouldn't want to live somewhere without seasons. But I dread the LONG winter ahead. If it was just frosty and snowy from NOV-JAN and then by February it started warming it wouldn't be too bad. But winters up here can go from October sometimes all the way until April - some years even into May! Ugh! But ready to hibernate in and be cozy and decorate for the season. Embracing it all helps! Lol

      Delete