Hello beautiful Friends!
I hope wherever you are the sun is shining and the birds are singing and it feels like lovely Spring.
Here in the northwoods we're keeping Spring in our hearts, as outside it's a whole different story:
These were all taken outside my windows this morning. The snow is continuing to come down among the swirling winds. And this poor little bird hunkered down in our bird feeder to hide from the winds for about 10 minutes. I just keep asking - Spring where are you??
But on to sunnier topics and I thought I'd share some pics I'd taken recently of some home updates. We still have some things on the immediate agenda such as updating the light fixtures in a lot of our home. And plans for down the road to update our downstairs media room and redo the bathroom that was my kiddos all their growing up years.
But we did get the bedroom changes done other than some artwork I plan to hang above the bed when I take down the old flower decoration that has been up there.
Here is one BEFORE pic I was able to find that I took over a year ago, obviously at Christmas time. You can see the tan drapes, I had a nightstand matching the sleigh bed that I was using, and a little table for Matt's side.
And here's the AFTER. We have matching nightstands now and I found those pretty botanical drapes that brighten up the space, while still matching the color on our walls.
When I was trying to decide how I wanted to redo things I knew I was going to keep the big sleigh bed & 2 matching dresser pieces. And I had already purchased a black full length mirror that was a jewelry box on the inside (the mirror opens up).
And I've had this cross hanging next to my walk-in closet for many years. So I came up with the idea of extra furniture pieces in black with wood accents to tie it all together. As well as drapes and artwork that had white and or cream to tie in with the painted trim and artwork.
So we found black nightstands with a wood finish top. And a black chest of drawers for a corner that used to hold a small table with my old jewelry box on it.
And I had one of my fave pictures of us from the wedding done on a large canvas with a white wood frame. I am going to take down the old flower arrangement above the bed and I have a pretty white sunflower as well as white wood plaque with a sweet saying to hang above the headboard that we haven't got to yet.
And as I showed the other day, I love the drapes I found (on amazon by the way!) that tie in with all the colors.
We still have our winterish bedding on, but I got a cute new bedspread set for Spring and the sweet gray/blue floral sheets below - that I will be changing out once it's warm enough outside. I'll share again when the rest of the artwork is up and the bedding on. :)
That little doorway goes into our master bath. Overall I'm so happy with how it all turned out and how it feels like a new room. Our room ❤️
I've also slowly been changing things in my daughter's old bedroom. A few years ago she moved into her brother's old room because it's bigger. So when she comes home this summer that's still her room.
So I've taken this one and changed it to make it my office, as well as a spare room for guests when needed. This room gets such lovely light and has the prettiest deep bay window looking out at the water and hillside.
I put a couch (that has a chaise lounge side where I read) that can turn into a full sized bed along the wall opposite the window. I plan to change out her chandelier for a more practical light fixture with a fan. I want to get one larger piece of artwork above the couch, but for now I have those 2 panels there as they match the couch pillows. I put a bookcase in here but next to that I eventually want to get a pretty storage system with baskets or something cozy to store more of my items that now sit on top of my daughter's old hope chest. And in the other corner next to the window is my desk where I scrapbook and craft.
So that's the current update. But when we change out the light fixtures throughout the home - I will share more. I love this peaceful cozy home on the bay!
💗💗💗






















The snow... :( We'll be so happy for Spring, right? Our snow melted but we've had cold weather and lots of rain.
ReplyDeleteYour room looks so nice! I really like the curtains. They're so hard to pick, especially online, but you did good.
Nice work in Annies old room too.
We're planning some work in our room too, but I don't know when because of other projects. So much to do and not enough time!
Your bedroom and office are looking so good! The curtains certainly lighten things up in there and I absolutely LOVE the canvas print of you and Matt! Just beautiful! Hope you will share the bedding when you get it! That sweet little bunny in the snow is so cute!
ReplyDeleteIt may be snow, but it looks gorgeous in your photos Carrie, especially the shot with the bunny. Your decorating is exceptional. How well you tie it all together, and your bedroom looks lovely. The new nightstands are perfect, and match in with your beautiful sleigh bed. New curtains are light and pretty, and your wedding photo is perfect. Nice work too on your office, which has me looking at making mine look a bit better! xxxxx
ReplyDeleteEverything is looking so pretty, We have never had matching furniture really, we once had a love seat and sofa that matched but other than that everything is hodgepodge but all tells a story :). I know how nice it is to have your own room to create in, I am very thankful for that too! Although I am so jealous of your big beautiful windows that let in all that wonderful natural light!
ReplyDeleteHi Carrie, I love the updates - everything looks so pretty! I really like the colors in your bedroom and the new nightstands work so well. Your ceiling is amazing and your new curtains look so nice in your bright window. The photo of your wedding is so special, too.
ReplyDeleteYour guest room/office is such a nice, sunny space and looks so cozy and quiet. It's so important to have a pretty view while working with plenty of light. I know it must be a little bittersweet redecorating your daughter's room, but it is nice that she has the other room to come home to. Hopefully this will be the last of the snow for you and soon you will be tending to your flowers once again. Such a special spring for you as you start your new life together. Sending hugs xo K