Friday, April 18, 2025

Friday Catch Up: Arizona Time & it's almost Easter!

 


Hello my dear Friends 

I've missed you! 

We got back late Wednesday from our trip to Arizona and I spent yesterday catching up on life around here. 

But I thought today I would catch up with you and also share with Cathy of Our Creative Life for Friday Catch Up and you can find her here.


Our trip was lovely for many reasons. We had wonderfully warm weather that felt amazing! We soaked it up along with all the blooming flowers and cacti, as well as the best part, as we had lots of time with family. ๐Ÿ’—

Matt & I traveled there together, but he stayed with his parents while we were there and I stayed with my Dad and step Mom. They all live in the same city, so that made it very convenient. Annie flew in from FL for part of our visit and stayed with me at my Dad's. Both of our families got together for a dinner one night. And other then that we did "divide & conquer" and shared time as some days Matt spent time with me and my family. And others I spent time with Matt and his. We also got time with my Uncle and Aunt that live in a nearby city. And another night we spent time with Matt's Aunt and Uncle. 

We did some fun shopping, hung out at the pool, did some sun soaking, watched The Masters golf tourney & some movies, ate great food, played games, did a puzzle, did Top golf (Matt kicked butt), and just enjoyed family time. Also, Matt & I explored a retirement community we may be interested in sometime in the future. All and all a lovely little vacation away. 


I apologize in advance for photo overload :) 























































*got a bit of our Polish heritage on in AZ!









And now onto Easter. For those that celebrate I wish Good Friday to you. This is such a sacred day to me, as this is the day I believe my Lord and Savior was crucified for my sins.  I spent a lot of this morning in devotional prayer time and did my rosary. I will spend the afternoon up at the facility doing hospice work. 

 Even though it's far from AZ temps here, it was nice to see the bay has fully opened up now. A true sign of Spring! And this little sweet little bunny was on the deck to greet me - perfect for Easter time. :) 






Just like I did for Annie and her bf's visit last month -I put together an Easter basket for my other favorite couple...my son and Jill. ๐Ÿ’— I put in some things for their apartment, as well as some treats. They will be visiting for the holiday weekend and Aaron will stay here. We will be hosting Easter and also have my Mom and step Dad and my Brother and SIL over for an Easter meal after church. 

Thank you that some of you checked in about my Annie because of the recent shooting at the college campus of FSU(Florida State University). Annie actually goes to USF (University of South Florida) so she was not affected...but it still hit very close to home! Thank you for the support and prayers and feel free to continue them as I worry for anyone on campuses these days. Or anywhere really, sad to say. I pray for those students and families affected. It's absolutely tragic. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป




Also, have you seen the social media trend where chat GPT can turn your pics into Beatrix Potter type illustrations? I was playing when I was out in AZ and I took some pics from my home and transformed them. And took some pics I had of my Dad and step Mom and their place and cute dog, Dusty Doodle, and transformed them too. My step Mom got such a kick out of it! 

Beatrix Potter fits Easter time a bit too, right? ๐Ÿ’—

























I wish you all a blessed weekend ahead and Happy Easter blessings for those that celebrate! 
✝️๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’š























8 comments:

  1. Happy Easter Weekend Carrie. This looks like a beautiful area to visit and the photos of the flowers & the pool are so pretty. I am going to visit AI to do the Beatrix Potter pics. Hope you all have a wonderful Easter Weekend and remember that HIS love made the ultimate sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had such a nice time away! It looks beautiful.
    So thankful that Annie wasn't affected and praying for those that were.
    I saw the Beatrix thing but haven't figured out how to make it work. :) Now I need to try again - it's so cute!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful little getaway, Carrie! So nice to spend time with loved ones in such a beautiful place, and I love that you shared time with Matt's family and Aunts and Uncles, too. So special that Annie was able to come. Poor thing must be rather traumatized over another school shooting so close. It's traumatizing for all the students and for the whole country :(
    The Beatrix Potter photos are so adorable. I've never tried AI, but think I might need to learn how. Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful Easter with the rest of your family.
    Yes, Easter is such a sacred holiday to remember the sacrifice made for mankind. Most important are the teachings that transcend time and forever ring true. That is the gift.
    Happy Easter to you and your loved ones, Carrie. Sending hugs and blessings xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you enjoyed a wonderful week, Carrie. And it was lovely keeping up with your news on Instagram. I thought of you, whilst enjoying my coffee. Thank you, again :)
    The illustrations are gorgeous. Who wouldn't want to live in a Beatrix Potter book. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet it was nice to get into some warm weather, and to see so much family! I am so thankful the shooting wasn't at Annie's college but it is a scary thing for anywhere really. I have seen other chat pictures that people have taken, very interesting what you can do now.
    Hope you enjoyed your Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great trip with lots of family! How fun :) I love all the photos and the ones with the filter are adorable. I hope you had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, it looks like y'all had an incredible time! That's so great that you can both visit family while you are there! I'm so glad Annie could come and join you, and that it wasn't her school, although you hate to see it happen to ANY school! That little bunny is so cute! My mama saw one in her yard a couple of days before Easter. She was missing my daddy real bad that day, and we like to think it was a little God wink! I am going to HAVE to play with the Chat GPT/Beatrix Potter thing! It makes all of your pictures super adorable! I am catching up on blog reading...I am so behind!

    ReplyDelete