Monday, April 28, 2025

Happy Homemaker Monday

 



Good Monday morning Friends

No sunshine here this morning and instead a little thunderstorm is booming through right now. It's a good thing as we sure need the rain. Our bay is still so low! Sounds like we may get something more severe later today though and up to an inch of rain.

But hoping your Monday is starting with sunshine and birdsong and a spring in your step. 💗

Did you have a nice weekend? We had a fun one here. We ran up to the lake property and opened it up for Matt's folks who will be coming back for the summer from AZ soon. We did lots of cleaning and washing bedding, blankets etc. But we also went out for dinner one night and enjoyed the northwoods there as one day we had lovely warmer sunny weather. 

It's such a special place and we both love it there so much! One day it will probably be the primary summer property where we will live. We talk plans for the ways we'd like to change and add on to the cottage in the future. We may have an architect come look at things in the nearer future. It sure is fun to think on those retirement dreams. We also talk plans for wintering in AZ one day as well. It helps my arthritis so much when I'm there - there truly is something about dry heat. And we love being active (golf, pickle ball etc) and it's so easy for me to be more active down there. 

But enough dreaming and on to the week ahead...











THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:






















ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


iced coffee with just a little protein added and some almond creamer (back to fasting mode)













ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

home projects, errands, lunch with a gf, dinner with another friend, a gf's Dad's funeral may be this week, need to make some appointments, hospice work













THINKING ABOUT:  

More things that I need to bag up to take to Goodwill. Matt sold his  house recently (the one he lived in when he first moved to my area) and so I have been making more room for some of his things. It's been good for me to go through my own things and reorganize and purge what I truly don't need. 

It can be difficult for me as I'm such a sentimental person (are you one of those?) and I just don't want to let of go of things. It's hard for me to let go of people for that matter too. I don't like to say goodbye. But the older I get... the more I realize that sometimes there is only a season to what once blessed my life and it's good to know when to let go. It's amazing what can change and grow when you learn to let go and remove the right things from your life. 

 

🌱💚




 













AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

It's so dark from the thunderstorm - I have some lamps on. I'm listening to peaceful violin music. I need to load a few dishes and I want to throw more laundry in, but I think I'll wait until the storm is done. I love a good (not scary) thunderstorm and watching it come through the bay. It's so cozy.















CURRENTLY READING

I'm working on a cross stitch project and focusing there more in my down time. I finished my last book but not sure what I'll read next yet.














ON THE TV TODAY:

 The Rookie , Jeopardy(& Masters), Shark Tank, Survivor, TWD catch up, Ghosts, Call the Midwife, The Handmaids Tale new season, Vacation House Rules & Castle Impossible (HGTV), cooking shows. 
















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY - BBQ ribs, Mexican corn salad, roasted sheet pan veggie hash (will share all of these recipes later this week)



TUESDAY -  Spring Minestrone Soup with turkey meatballs (will share this one sometime soon too)



WEDNESDAY - BLT's on low carb rolls, veggies & protein ranch dip



THURSDAY -  leftovers




FRIDAY - out for dinner














TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

work on mother's day cross stitch craft, scrapbook
















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:

A fun healthier snack/treat. 
I recently made these lower calorie rice krispies treats and they're really tasty (if you're a peanut butter person). 



It's a recipe by Joy Bauer (joybauer.com) and they're really good! They're chewy and rich and peanut buttery. They don't have butter or marshmallow or the other high sugar more fattening ingredients, as the primary ingredient is just natural peanut butter.

I highly recommend them for when you want a treat as they taste great and they're still healthier (less sugar) and have protein from the natural peanut butter.  I used regular rice krispies, but you could use brown rice cereal for even more health benefits. Here's the recipe:



😋😋😋






 






FROM THE CAMERA:

Ruby lives for going to the lake and loves the ride there (even if she naps a lot). The lake is so beautiful and clear - although low like here too. They need the rain as well. But we got things all open and cleaned up and even hung up the fun & vibrant flags and hangings Matt's Mom (Sue) loves up in the window. We will be getting her hanging baskets of flowers for Mother's Day that she loves hanging in the window too. She has hangers in the trees to put them on.

At one point, when I was cleaning, I didn't see Ruby anywhere and I found her moping on Sue's bed missing her (she just loves Matt's folks, but especially Sue!) 









I may have brought my ipad and enjoyed more of my coloring app over the weekend too. How lovely would it be too have beautiful stained glass windows in your bedroom!??















PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace.  For a bestie (& her family) that recently lost her Dad. 

For Christ's Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere and help the world find its way. 🙏🏻
















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:



Thunderstorms, greening grass, my lily shoots sprouting up, opening the lake cottage - so many signs of Spring everywhere! 🌸

I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

13 comments:

  1. I saw that there were some storms over your area. They are probably going to be over us tomorrow, but today is gorgeous!
    I love seeing your photos of the water and the blue sky. Glad you got the cottage opened. Soon you'll be out there enjoying it!
    We're said we should go to Arizona for the winter too because of our arthritis, but we would miss our grands...
    Thanks for the recipe - sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! I hope you didn't get anything too crazy for weather. We were okay here. And agree - with the AZ plan...we'll see what God has in store for grandkiddos and locations too. 😉

      Delete
  2. How's the weather coming along, still having storms? We'll be getting some this week. I enjoy a good storm, especially when I can cuddle up and read a good book or take a nap! hahaha

    Beautiful pictures of the lake! sigh I need more nature in my life! And that little fisherman guy - my fiance would LOVE that! Fishing is one of his favorite things in the world!

    Have a blessed and enjoyable week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry Jolly my dear Gal. Nope, storms didn't get too bad and we got much needed rain. Matt's Mom loved the fishing guy because it reminded her of Matt. :) Blessings to you

      Delete
  3. That fisherman is too cute! I'm wondering if the lake house is far from your place. Enjoy all your spring 'signs'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucie! We love the fishing guy too cuz it's so like Matt. :) The lake property is a little over 2 hours away from our home on the bay.

      Delete
  4. I adore that coloring app! I'd LOVE to have that room as my own. A good thunderstorm is not something to be missed!

    It's hard to believe the bay is so low just after winter - not a good sign.

    Adorable picture of Ruby in the car :)

    Have a GREAT week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Carrie. My Monday started with all three things, and today looks even brighter.
    The lake house sounds wonderful. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to have extra places to go and enjoy different scenery, I am sure they appreciate you getting it all set up. I will say with my arthritis it would be nice to have a break from the pain that is for sure. Hope you can get the rain you need.
    Those treats do look good. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for no sever weather for y'all. Sounds like a very productive and busy weekend at the lakehouse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your rice krispie treats look delicious! I always love to see what people are seeing through their camera! Great shots.

    ReplyDelete