Thursday, April 30, 2026

Cooking Thursday: One Pan Bake Glazed Chicken Thighs in Coconut Jasmine Rice

 


Hey there Blogland Babes!


Thank you so much for all of your kind words about our Hawaii trip. It was so amazing! We feel incredibly blessed for it all. 

Can you believe tomorrow begins another new month?? May is almost upon us and I'm so excited to begin the lovelier warmer months ahead. Bring on the sunshine, planting flowers, sitting out on the deck to watch the sunset, long walks, and getting docks and boats in the water. I feel like it all begins in May. And the bay is open now - yay!! Geese and ducks have been swimming away down there. Grass is even starting to turn green. πŸŒΈπŸ’š


For a recipe today I thought I'd share this one I made last night. We both absolutely LOVED it!! And it was really easy as you just dump everything in a 9x13 pan and bake. We have a lot of Asian ingredients around as we make lots of things related to those flavors. But no ingredient is too weird or difficult to find. We will absolutely be making this one again...it's just so good! I'm dreaming on eating the leftovers tonight. 

It's a recipe for Glazed Chicken thighs and jasmine rice with coconut milk and potstickers. I found it on social media by simplecleanfit_whit. 


It was really easy. I dumped jasmine rice, coconut milk, chicken stock, ginger and garlic in the bottom of the 9x13 and stirred all together. Then nestled in boneless skinless chicken thighs. Seasoned up the chicken. Then brushed on a sticky glaze. Added some frozen chicken & veggie potstickers. Drizzled all with sesame oil and covered with foil and put in the oven to bake. When it was almost done I took off the foil, sprinkled on paprika (gives good color too) and baked uncovered another 5 mins or so. Then take out and rest for a few mins and then dig in! All the yummy juices go into the rice and Matt literally said "I could eat the that rice all day and then lick the pan too!" I think that's a glowing recommendation if I've ever heard one. Lol




All ready for the oven


All golden and baked up and that rice filled with flavor.




We topped ours with some chopped green onion and a little drizzle of chili crunch. But it's so tasty you wouldn't even need to top with anything. 
I love making different things and trying different flavors. A fun departure from the ordinary. 

I hope you try it! 
xoxo


Here's the recipe:






8 comments:

  1. Oooh - looks like a winner! I'm saving it - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the ingredients in this dish and it looks so easy to make....Using the coconut milk sounds like it might make this dish very tasty....thanks Carrie..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really can't get over how fast this year is going that is for sure. MY Hubby would probably like that meal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chicken and rice look good, not sure about the wisdom of putting pot stickers in a casserole. πŸ€”

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe sounds delicious. And I love the simplicity of a one pot dish.
    I really don't know what happened to April this year. It flew by. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, your recipes are Gooood, Carrie. Love the sound of this one with the coconut milk. We have reached May, the time of year when our climates become nearly the same for a few weeks. As our Summer ends, I am planting little flowers which can now survive in the cooler weather, and there you are doing the same thing! Our Winter is the best time for flowers. I am looking out to buy some daffodil bulbs but they are hard to find these days. Fingers crossed. Have a great week, dear Friend. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one-pan meal looks absolutely incredible, and Matt’s "glowing recommendation" about the rice has me convinced I need to try this! I love how the juices from the glazed chicken and potstickers seep right into the coconut jasmine rice for maximum flavor. Since you used frozen potstickers, did they get a nice texture baking right in the pan, or did they stay mostly soft and steamed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your visit Melody! This one pot dish was truly delish. The potstickers did stay soft and steamed but added such incredible flavor and still worked with the texture of the rice too. I hope you enjoy! xo

      Delete