Monday, May 22, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday



Hello Dear Friends! 

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. We had a bit of rain, so worked on house projects and did a family night out to dinner and the movie Guardians of the Galaxy. Good fun popcorn kind of movie. And I love that one of our local theaters has the new recliner seats. It was wonderful to cuddle with my hubby like we were on our own comfy reclining couch & hold hands like when we were high schoolers. Lol Just fun! 


I kind of eased in last week - but feeling better about getting more balance this week and getting back on track in blogland. Still have other fun endeavors I'm working for myself and will share all in the future. Wishing you a blessed week ahead!





THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


Gray, windy. Looks like it could rain more. Low 50's for temp. Midweek should start seeing more sunshine an looks like temps get to upper 50's. 











ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


Honey nut chex cereal and coffee. 








RIGHT NOW I AM:


Listeing to Ed Sheeran radio on Pandora while I work on this. I take breaks to do some housework, next load of laundry. Phone call from my Mom. I always start these posts earlier but I get distracted a bit along the way. Lol







AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

I actually saw a muskrat run across our deck a few minutes ago. Living on the bay we see lots of critters and I never know what I'll see out on our hill (or deck) each morning. I really kind of LOVE that! ;) 








AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:


Pretty tidy. Some things still laying around from projects worked on over the weekend. My Hubby worked hard painting our kitchen cabinets that had been peeling and really needed it. Some handles still off here and there and he has a few more coats to go on certain areas. Looks so much better though!  Still trying to find some things we want to put in laundry room to finish that up too. 









ON TODAY'S (& this week's) TO DO LIST:

Laundry, little load of dishes to get in dishwasher. Work on some of my personal craft projects. Already did devotional time and exercise time up next. This week both kiddos have soccer practices and my son has a game. My daughter has a little hockey too. Not too bad overall for our usual weeks. Will be running errands and visiting my MIL later in week. Time with my Mom this week too. And I'm hoping to start getting some flowers to plant. 









CURRENTLY READING:


Some self help books that have been helping me deal with some of the issues I've had going on. Fun magazines too. 










ON THE TV TODAY:


Cooking shows, The White Princess, Call the Midwife, Foodnetwork stars Comeback, a couple movies











ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: leftover chicken almondine I made on the weekend



TUESDAY: ham & swiss sliders, chips, veggies & dip, melon



WEDNESDAY:  pancake variety: cinnamon apple, regular, & maple bacon mini pancakes I'll make in muffin tin - along with sausage & fruit. Easy stuff to heat up after my son's soccer game



THURSDAY: homemade pizza, cheesy bread & marinara (my kids love), veggie salad 



FRIDAY: out for dinner?











WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT


Etsy store albums and canvases 

Legacy box stuff  

My Grandpa's heritage album  

My Mom's album & my family album catch up 

(this is my continuing list)












NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:


ham & swiss sliders that get baked in the oven (will share later in week)





TIP OF THE WEEK:


This just makes me laugh!!








FROM THE CAMERA:


I have been working hard on my health and feeling better. I have currently lost almost 22 pounds and I am almost down 2 full sizes. My goal is to at least lose 40-45 pounds total (or so).  No big secrets. It started from illness, but has since turned into hard work...inluding some isagenix protein stuff, eating healthier and smaller portions overall and a lot of working out and strengthening.  I still cook and bake because I enjoy it and it will always be part of  me. Just finding better balance. Planning to get back to some sports I love playing as well - for more me time. 

 I'm planning to run a 5k this Fall with a friend too. Also, in the Fall I'm signed up for training to volunteer at a local hospice house. And other personal endeavors I'm still working on that I will share in the future. It's been a long time coming - to truly take time for me and figuring out where I want to go!







The bay has been greening up and I'm loving it! 





Annie's Spring concert from late last week. I will share a bit of video below:





PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Image result for God's grace inspirational quote

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.


5 comments:

  1. Good for you in taking care of yourself! Love all the photos. Seems I've had those ham & Swiss sliders at Bunco, imagine they'll be a hit. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you BE any more gorgeous, friend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other than the actual temperature (ours is sticky miserable) the rest of the day sounds exactly the same. Great bay picture as you head into my favorite season in the North Woods.

    LOVE that quote!!! It really resonates with me.

    Congratulations on all your hard work - you look great!!

    Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures! I'm proud of what you are doing to be healthy too. I've been doing the same - walking, eating healthy but still having the occasional treat. I'm down 45#, but have been stuck there for a bit. I think I need a fresh start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quotation at the end. And I love reading of your daily life. Good for you on the weight loss. You're beautiful and such a good mom. Who says that SAHMs aren't working. What a full and busy life! xo

    ReplyDelete