Friday, September 22, 2017

Fall Goodness and Easy After School Snack

Hey Friends! 

Happy Friday. I forgot to share a recipe post yesterday, that I'll probably save for next week. But today for my 5 on Friday, I thought I'd share a bit of Fall...since it is the first official day. ;)  And I'll share a different quick and easy recipe too. 

ONE






This first day of Fall came in stormy and rainy here in the northwoods. A perfect morning for some coffee by candlelight. It's since cleared up this afternoon and the sun has come out. I love this time of year so much!








TWO






I love this time of year because the moon seems like it starts to do magical things, more than any other time of year. 







THREE
Fall Free Printable | George Eliot Quote | On Sutton Place

.




Colores de otoño



Digimikko - setyourpridetotheside: Untitled on We Heart It -...


Another reason I find this time of year so special is that the leaves start turning all their beautiful colors and transforming the world around us. 









FOUR
drinking tea and planning the rest of autumn



early sunsets, warm tea, messy hair, big sweaters




@zoelaz.



autun playlist <3









Nice Halloween collection, having withdraws already! http://www.pinterest.com/gmunro/halloween/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheCroatoanCommunity/permalink/1593035634242745/


And this time of year to me means many cozy thoughts of warm sweaters, hot drinks to sip, snuggling under a blanket with a good book, and of course Halloween to come! 





FIVE


And I thought I'd finish my 5 with this easy and yummy recipe for pizza crescents. They make a great after school snack for kiddos - or even a small meal if you wanted to add a salad and maybe some fruit.  A perfect warm Fall snack.



Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. On a cookie sheet unroll store bought crescent rolls and add some pepperoni and mozzarella sticks cut in half to each one.





Roll then up and I even fold over the ends a bit to help keep the cheese inside.



Melt a couple of Tbsp of butter and brush over the rolls



Sprinkle with some garlic powder and Italian seasoning - or whatever pizza flavors you like and bake for about 10 mins or until golden brown.




They should come out nice and hot and melty with the cheese even bubbling!



Serve alongside some warm marinara for dipping.  


Other than photos from my kitchen all other credit goes to pinterest. I'm linking with FAST blog for Five on Friday.






12 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Sweet fellow fall loving friend!
    Happy Fall!!!!
    I love the images you shared here.
    And I will be passing the recipe on to Peyton!
    Have a cozy weekend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! I love the moon shots.
    I think your pizza crescents look yummy. I'll be trying them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! I bet Alaina and Ruby would love the pizza crescents! ;) xoxo

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos especially the ones of the full moon, amazing how it looks. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the poem you shared! We've actually been under a heat advisory the last 2 days, feels more like the end of August than September. Hope you are having a wonderful cozy, fall weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely impression of autumn. Autumn is somewhat different down here in the southern hemisphere, much less colour and is mostly typified by a darkening of the skies and the event of the April rains which bring all the plants out of dormancy (Winter is the growing season in my corner of the planet). It also farewells summer which is always something to mourn.

    Right now, summer is moving from your side to our side and I am so excited to see the grey lifting and the sun coming out once more.

    A lovely recipe that has me thinking about delving into my freezer to see if I have some pastry lying around that could be wrapped around some salami and cheese. Great idea and I'm pretty sure they are delicious as the mere thought has me salivating - I need lunch.

    Thanks for sharing these moments and that inpsirational recipe.

    Best wishes,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! And thanks for visiting. It is so fun to think about the fascinating differences in how our seasons compare to each other. I'm actually ready for cool weather once again. Glad you liked the recipe! Blessings to you. xo

      Delete
  6. Such a great post. Totally sums up my favorite time of year.

    Going to try those great pizza snacks the next time we play dominoes.

    Love to you, Sweet One

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh How I love this! Those photos are wonderful! I for sure will be trying those after school snacks-My son is a huge Pizza lover. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the fall pictures!!
    And that snack looks yummy.
    Happy Monday! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum!! I am so making these for my kiddies! Especially my little guy! He is obsessed with pepperoni rolls from the pizzaria!! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete