Monday, September 4, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday


Hello my Friends! I'm back!! 


I missed being with you in blogland, but I don't regret taking the family time...especially for my kiddos before back to school! I need to get caught up around here and hope to come visit you all over the week ahead.  My kiddos actually started back to school middle of last week, but we get back into our full Fall schedules starting tomorrow. We've been enjoying a relaxing long Labor Day weekend and hope you are too. ;) 






THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


Kind of cloudy with little moments of sun. It's supposed to hit almost 70 today, but then be a bit cooler (lower 60's) a lot of this week with some rain. By next weekend back to warmer 70's temps.










ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


Toast with lemon curd, some blueberries and vanilla iced coffee







RIGHT NOW I AM:


Listening to birds sing outside and I just finished up devotional time before starting to work on this. Looking at my planner and figuring out my week ahead. 










AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

I see bits of sunlight through the clouds. Some squirrels are chasing each other across the driveway out my office window. 








AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:


Pretty tidy as I was productive with some cleaning this weekend and Hubby and kiddos jumped in to help too. Also we finally got back to working on the laundry room and it's almost finished! Yay!! 










ON TODAY'S (& this week's) TO DO LIST:

Some appointments. Workout and devotional time. MIL time. Groceries and several projects I want to accomplish this week. Lunch with a girlfriend too. ;) 







CURRENTLY READING:


I'm just starting a new series by Louise Penny! I'm on the first book - Still Life. So good so far!








ON THE TV TODAY:


I can't believe Game of Thrones is over already! It goes too fast. Big Brother. America's Got Talent. The Profit. Bering Sea Gold. Hollywood Game Night. 










ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: pizza leftovers from the weekend as well as roll-up pinwheel sandwiches I had made the other day. Fruit, veggies


TUESDAY: waffles with cinnamon apple topping, breakfast sausage/bacon, fresh fruit


WEDNESDAY: homemade wild rice chicken soup, sandwiches, veggie tray


THURSDAY: Annie cooking night she picked out a new recipe for BBQ chicken pasta, and for dessert found a recipe for banana split s'mores freezer dessert she wants to make



FRIDAY: maybe out for dinner?










WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT


Etsy store albums and canvases 

Legacy box stuff  

My Grandpa's heritage album  

My Mom's album & my family album catch up 

(this is my continuing list)












NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:


I made a slow cooker recipe last week for cheesy chicken penne pasta that was tasty I can share. Also, Annie's recipes she found are new.







TIP OF THE WEEK:



This sounds kind of cool - I'll have to check it out. I love the sound of the rain. ;) 




FROM THE CAMERA:

Goodbye Summer - Hello Fall!






End of summer walks with Ruby and with some color starting to change on the trees already



Back to some baking - here wildberry pie






Kiddos headed back to school











Busy wildlife at the bird feeder and Ruby loving the action!






A relaxing Labor Day weekend with s'mores of course! 






PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Image result for labor day inspirational quotes

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

13 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blog land! Sounds like you have a wonderful week on the horizon. My husband and I just started watching Game of Thrones via Netflix disc (2 episodes at a time) and I'm trying to get through the first book...struggling a bit with the book though. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're back but I completely understand spending time with family, it's so important to do that isn't it?

    I am one of the very few who hasn't watched Game of Thrones, or rather, I watched until season 2, still haven't finished it as I'm struggling to stick with it. It's just not my cup of tea hahah

    Hope you have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Carrie,
    So glad you are back and that you enjoyed your family time.
    Hope you and the kids have a wonderful, happy, healthy school year.
    Love your photos.
    And what are your thoughts on Big Brother?
    I am a huge fan...
    But this year?
    Not so much. : (
    Have a great week, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya about Big Brother Billie Jo! It's the "season of Paul" isn't it. He's running the whole darn show so not too much excitement there. ;)

      Delete
  4. You're back! Hooray! I'm thinking of taking a break myself. One more replacement tablescape and two Christmas table do overs and I'll be ready to do the writeup and get my book ready for the publisher.

    Love the photo of the rabbit and squirrel. I was waiting for you to step into the picture and start singing - just like in a Disney movie.

    Don't overdo - you have so many to look after. Remember to give Carrie some down time to just read and relax. She's earned it.

    Heading over to listen to some rain. It's 90 here and humid.

    Love you, my sweet friend, Patsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a break and some rest and relaxation are in order for you too Patsy! Great idea!! Love the image of me as a Disney princess. Lol! How did you know my dream?? ;) xoxo

      Delete
  5. Welcome back Carrie. That is a very stylish firepit you have there - toasting in comfort! As always the wildlife is adorable - a bunny and a squirrel both together make me smile. Watched over by Ruby :)
    The Autumn colour looks beautiful, just like the wildberry pie. You are an excellent baker. I have never seen or tasted a wildberry - I have to be on the lookout next time we are over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish! Wildberry for the pie just means several different kinds of berries - like I used strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. ;) xoxo

      Delete
  6. Sometimes a blogger needs a break but it always feels good to come back to blogland :) I love that it is slowly turning into Fall! Have a great week :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! It is definitely looking like Fall there, and it's really starting here too, ready or not...
    Hope school starts well for your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I missed you, but am so glad you spent the time with the kids before school began! I am so envious of your weather - really makes me miss the U.P.!!!

    I really LOVE all your pictures! They really reflect your downtime well.

    When I was a kid my dad had some albums by Mystic Mood Orchestra that he would play ALL the time that were thunderstorms with train whistles and instrumentals too that were really good. I think I still have them, but LOL nothing to play them on.

    Have a GREAT week and welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are back, Carrie! The summer did go by fast...you can really see the time fly by when you have young children. Hard to believe school has started once again. Cute photos of the kiddos and the critters with Ruby keeping watch. Sounds like you are keeping busy.....hope you share your new laundry room with us! Sending hugs and blessings for your week. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that it is slowly turning into Fall! Have a great week :)


    การ์ตูนโป๊

    ReplyDelete